Question End User Support By Host (not reseller) - normal?

Is it normal for a provider to give end user support to a reseller's customers?

For example, let's say we have:

Hosting Company: ExampleHost.com
    Reseller (me): ExampleReseller.com
    End User: John Smith who owns ExampleSite.com

If John Smith has a problem with ExampleSite.com, or wants to ask a question about how to do something in cPanel, etc., can he open a ticket and someone from ExampleHost (the hosting company) will answer it?

I was under the impression that in typical reseller scenarios, the reseller is responsible for handling all tickets. But the discussion in this thread made my reconsider.

If so, does
    - the reseller typically have visibility to tickets (and can participate)
    - the reseller have the option of handling a ticket rather than the hosting company?
    My advice and reviews of VPS providers based on my personal experience: VPSadvice.com

The hosting company is responsible to resolve issues for John Smith who owns ExampleSite.com (end user). End user can't reach the reseller directly, because he dont have an account with them. Its the hosting company who hold the end user account.
    ⓐ➒AlphaNine Networks / Datacomm / GSP

Shared hosting | cPanel reseller | VPS | Dedicated Servers | SSL | VOIP | GSP | Management |
    99.9% uptime | 24/7 Support | Easy Control Panels | Operating Since 2000 |

Quote Originally Posted by raindog308 View Post

If John Smith has a problem with ExampleSite.com, or wants to ask a question about how to do something in cPanel, etc., can he open a ticket and someone from ExampleHost (the hosting company) will answer it?

I was under the impression that in typical reseller scenarios, the reseller is responsible for handling all tickets. But the discussion in this thread made my reconsider.

If so, does
    - the reseller have the option of handling a ticket rather than the hosting company?
    Hey, I noticed that you mentioned my thread so I just wanted to clarify some things.

It is true that in a typical reseller scenario where everything is handled by the reseller and the provider just gives the space needed.

The reseller does typically (and in my experience, always) have the ability to answer and handle tickets. The reseller also can always handle a ticket and ask the hosting company to let him take the reigns or to back off. These two reasons are exactly why I have always been such a fan of the system.

YES. Its a common practice though a few hosts offer it.
    Hosting Companies do provide End User Support.

Some even have Packages and a Fixed no. of Tickets can be forwarded each month, depending upon the plan.
    XiNiX InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. ( Since 2005 ) : Quality Hosting @ Your Price !
    [ US/NL/IN ] Shared Hosting ♦ WHM Reseller ♦ VPS ♦ Dedicated Servers
    █ Included WHMCS ♦ SSL ♦ Domains ♦ IPMI ♦ SolusVM Visit Us Now

Quote Originally Posted by XiNiX View Post
    Some even have Packages and a Fixed no. of Tickets can be forwarded each month, depending upon the plan.
    Interesting - I looked through a bunch of accounts but have not seen this offered anywhere...?
    My advice and reviews of VPS providers based on my personal experience: VPSadvice.com

Interesting - I looked through a bunch of accounts but have not seen this offered anywhere...?
    Turnkey internet has this option and I believe so does resellerzoom

If so, does
    It's normal if the
    offers End User Support. They usually just require login credentials from
    to perform certain tasks etc, and if they aren't able to do such tasks they'll let the
    know about it.

It's not a very good setup due to the back and forth going on between different providers and end users. But that's a discussion for another topic.

Parent hosting company (ExampleHost.com) can give support to end user (ExampleSite.com) under brand of reseller company (ExampleReseller.com)

But I personally think that reseller should give support to their clients for healthy business and good customer relationship.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials