Threaded View

Thumbs down Softsys Hosting Sales and Fraud Detection Review

I just want to share my experience with http://www.softsyshosting.com/ I saw their AD in the offer page and I thought I'd try them out. Well I never made it to actually getting a vps because of the way they handle their sales transaction.

I signed up for their ECO 1 Windows VPS hosting plan which came out to less than $10 after coupon. After I signed up, I received an email asking me to further verify my information because of fraud protection!! They wanted the first 6 and last 2 of my credit card, my driver license, and billing information!!!WHY?? The whole purpose of using paypal is so I do not have to provide them with any credit card information to protect my self from fraudulent companies!!! How would they verify with my credit card information any way...paypal does not give them anything to verify against!! IF multi-million dollars companies trust paypal to protect them against fraud why would some small hosting company ask you for all this extra information. I'm very disappointed. They did refund me the money.

I call their fraud detection complete bulls**t and an attempt to mine data or use personal data for their own benefit...I would be very cautious of this company!!!
    Last edited by Postbox; 02-02-2014 at 09:55 PM.