Delete files from dreamhost control panel

Hi, I want to delete a big site I was testing in Dreamhost and I want to do it directly and not through FTP which is very slow. I know that in CPanel for instance you can delete files from Files Manager very fast. How can I do that in Dreamhost?

You can delete accessing through ssh access even. But cPanel is good enough to do this.
    ⓐ➒AlphaNine Networks / Datacomm / GSP

Shared hosting | cPanel reseller | VPS | Dedicated Servers | SSL | VOIP | GSP | Management |
    99.9% uptime | 24/7 Support | Easy Control Panels | Operating Since 2000 |

Quote Originally Posted by hosteator View Post
    How can I do that in Dreamhost?
    What did their support tell you when you'd contacted them?
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Hi, I want to delete a big site I was testing in Dreamhost and I want to do it directly and not through FTP which is very slow. I know that in CPanel for instance you can delete files from Files Manager very fast. How can I do that in Dreamhost?
    I think you can better ask the tech support Department. They can do it for you.
    XiNiX InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. ( Since 2005 ) : Quality Hosting @ Your Price !
    [ US/NL/IN ] Shared Hosting ♦ WHM Reseller ♦ VPS ♦ Dedicated Servers
    █ Included WHMCS ♦ SSL ♦ Domains ♦ IPMI ♦ SolusVM Visit Us Now

As far as I can remember try deleting domain from dreamhost panel. That should delete everything else ( ftp user, files etc.).

Deleting the domain might work I guess but I don't want this. It is a domain I use for testing, so when I want to delete a Prestashop for example and install something else, the FTP method is just too slow.

Regarding the Dreamhost team doing it, I would have to ask this every couple of days. There has to be a way to delete the files while keeping the domain and the FTP account active. Next time perhaps I try to delete the domain as you say, and then park it again in 10min, since the DNSs would be the same. I hope that is faster.

Deleting the domain might work I guess but I don't want this. It is a domain I use for testing, so when I want to delete a Prestashop for example and install something else, the FTP method is just too slow.

Regarding the Dreamhost team doing it, I would have to ask this every couple of days. There has to be a way to delete the files while keeping the domain and the FTP account active. Next time perhaps I try to delete the domain as you say, and then park it again in 10min, since the DNSs would be the same. I hope that is faster.
    DreamHost provides web2ftp https://webftp.dreamhost.com/, try it.

Quote Originally Posted by EcoHost View Post
    DreamHost provides web2ftp, try it.
    This is what I mean. Thanks a lot.

Hello again. Webftp is basically the same thing as any other FTP client, so it will not speed up deleting files unlike cPanel. I'm just deleting a wordpress right now, more that an hour ago and it is not yet completed. So, I did not find any way of deleting files fast in Dreamhost. SSH is too much for me so, I still did not find any way of deleting files fast.
    Last edited by usrnet; 02-17-2014 at 03:07 PM.