where to find economical white hat SEO ? and is freelancer.com a reliable place?

hi

Im looking for a bit of help with the SEO of my site. Terms arent positioning as much as I expected so Id like to hire some help but my budget is limited (150 US$ for positioning 20 terms in a not very competitive market - Colombia). I'm a bit loss though as to where to find some decent white hat SEO help. I tried freelancer.com but Im not sure how reliable they're, any experiences with them?

Also any similar service as freelancer that you'd recommend for SEO? Im tryng to position 20 phrases in spanish so ideally it'd be nice if the person knew some spanish

thanks in advance
      0 Not allowed!

Had experience with multiple SEO companies and freelancers out there and I have to say that Moz.com works best for us. If you want to see some decent results from SEO you really need to have a decent budget and it will take a very long time.

With Moz you do the SEO work yourself, so I'm not sure if that would be suitable for you, but they give you very useful information how you can improve your ranking.

Here is a list of some reputable SEO companies out there - http://moz.com/community/recommended
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions
      0 Not allowed!

Just few of the freelancers at freelancer.com are really professionals, others are just trying to make a quick buck. You better choose wisely if you go this way.
      0 Not allowed!

It is quite hard to find good white hat SEO performer. Most of the SEO "experts" I have had a "pleasure" to meet with is gray hat or black hat, unfortunatelly - a typical good/average results on the beginning but nothing for long term and in most cases ends with a dramatical position decrease or filter after a couple of months. Complete waste of your time and money.

GreenHornet is right here that most of guys are trying to make a quick buck, nothing more. And they have no knowledge about optimization and stuff.

Luckily it is easy to find out who is who after several emails exchange. I won't recommend any particular place to search but I recommend asking a couple of questions about used techniques and requesting brief explanations. This is the place where about 90% of "experts" have nothing interesting to say.
    ModulesGarden
    High-End WHMCS Modules
    Software Development Outsourcing
    Custom WHMCS Modules Development
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoork Hosting View Post
    Had experience with multiple SEO companies and freelancers out there and I have to say that Moz.com works best for us. If you want to see some decent results from SEO you really need to have a decent budget and it will take a very long time.

With Moz you do the SEO work yourself, so I'm not sure if that would be suitable for you, but they give you very useful information how you can improve your ranking.

Here is a list of some reputable SEO companies out there - http://moz.com/community/recommended

many thanks, that is indeed very interesting. My problem though, and I generally agree with everything you said, is the lack of a decent budget and time to do the SEO myself (something I'd love to do BTW but I simply dont have the time right now). Moz are the leaders IMO and it'd be terrific to learn from them, absolutely terrific, in fact Im going to save that idea for later.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet View Post
    Just few of the freelancers at freelancer.com are really professionals, others are just trying to make a quick buck. You better choose wisely if you go this way.
    thanks, I was afraid of that. Do you know if their ratings and recommendations, particularly those who have more than 100 reviews and ratings, are reliable? I mean , what should be my selecting process to find one of the few trustworthy SEO experts there?

Quote Originally Posted by ModulesGarden View Post
    It is quite hard to find good white hat SEO performer. Most of the SEO "experts" I have had a "pleasure" to meet with is gray hat or black hat, unfortunatelly - a typical good/average results on the beginning but nothing for long term and in most cases ends with a dramatical position decrease or filter after a couple of months. Complete waste of your time and money.

GreenHornet is right here that most of guys are trying to make a quick buck, nothing more. And they have no knowledge about optimization and stuff.

Luckily it is easy to find out who is who after several emails exchange. I won't recommend any particular place to search but I recommend asking a couple of questions about used techniques and requesting brief explanations. This is the place where about 90% of "experts" have nothing interesting to say.
    good advise, many thanks, I will do that. In fact Ive already have with a couple of so called experts, and you're right, their answers were underwhelming to say the least
      0 Not allowed!

Why don't you find someone in your area that knows SEO? Besides, 20 phrases is quite a load of work to do. If you want, you can choose some reputable online marketing firms that has the capability to reach out some people who are capable of doing seo for every country.

Top Rank Online Marketing is the one that I recommend. Try to check their site out. However, your budget is not enough for this type of high profile company.
      0 Not allowed!

yep, our budget is a major limiting aspect in our quest for decent SEO services. Other obstacle is we live in colombia and the SEO level here is very low, unless you've got a massive budget (I'm talking above 1.000 US$ per month)

I was hoping to find a freelance SEO expert but Im not sure where to look for, that has a decent reputation. Freelancer.com is full of shady characters who offer peanuts for their work but dont know the first thing about SEO and could in fact harm our website more than help us
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MonteVesubio View Post
    shady characters who offer peanuts for their work
    What do you mean by that?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gingir View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    Im not sure if they're shady to be honest, but I meant people with little references who offer like 40$ for a 500 $ work and inspire no confidence at all. most of them can barely speak english yet apparently they've got some sort of english diploma.
      0 Not allowed!

I would say with your budget and intentions on volume of keywords that you will not really get that far.

SEO often needs a decent investment to get a decent return from that investment.

Regards,
    Chris
    << Signatures are to be set up via profiles only. >>
    Last edited by writespeak; 02-03-2014 at 01:46 PM.
      0 Not allowed!