Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Angry NO to SecuredServers.com

    I am using their server from almost 2 years. And never had any complaint.

    But today our tech team restarted server for some upgrade and server is not responding back. I created ticket for urgent help. But no one responded me yet. It's over 2 hours.

    On their website they have mentioned 20 Min Support Response SLA. But believe me i have not got any response yet.

    If you think it's fake post then check my ticket no: 788967

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    16,966
    Why not just call them instead if it is urgent?
    Specially 4 You
    .
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,286
    I have definitely seen more over the past year or two about their support going down hill. They're not online on live chat at the time of making this post, either. I used them about 2-3 years ago and I can remember live chat always being online.

    Since you've been with them for 2 years, all I can say is remain patient and hope that they reply to you shortly. They're a rock solid provider in terms of network and hardware.

  4. #4
    I am doing that now...

  5. #5
    I just spoke with them on phone. They said they will check and update my ticket.. If they don't have time to reply email tickets then they should change their Response time to 3 hours instead of 20 mins. But doing false marketing is not good. I never posted about any negative comments on WHT but couldn't control this time.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Midworld
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by MWSPL View Post
    I am using their server from almost 2 years. And never had any complaint.

    But today our tech team restarted server for some upgrade and server is not responding back. I created ticket for urgent help. But no one responded me yet. It's over 2 hours.

    On their website they have mentioned 20 Min Support Response SLA. But believe me i have not got any response yet.

    If you think it's fake post then check my ticket no: 788967
    Not exactly sure what you're after. This is not their helpdesk. You had no complaint in 2 years, now you want to do them in for an isolated incident

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    I have definitely seen more over the past year or two about their support going down hill. They're not online on live chat at the time of making this post, either. I used them about 2-3 years ago and I can remember live chat always being online.

    Since you've been with them for 2 years, all I can say is remain patient and hope that they reply to you shortly. They're a rock solid provider in terms of network and hardware.
    Completely agree with you. Last month i contacted them for some sales related support. And never got reply on first email. I had to remind them after few days.

    When i bought server from there in 2012 they had awesome support. I guess they should have more staff.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by httpEasy View Post
    Not exactly sure what you're after. This is not their helpdesk. You had no complaint in 2 years, now you want to do them in for an isolated incident
    I never had any major issue in past. But when server stopped responding. I got panic and waited over two hours for response . They should at least respond to ticket... I did't ask them to fix problem in 20 mins. I know such issues can take time.

    We also run small web hosting company and our support team never take long to reply. And if we mention 20 Min Response time on website then we should offer that at lest.

  9. #9
    Server UP again after 3hour

  10. #10
    After my today's experience with SecuredServers. I would say they really need to improve their email support system. They did quick fix for me after my call. So if you ever had any issue with Securedserver call them instead of using their support tickets.

    Thanks...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    450
    I will be personally looking into why you did not receive prompt email support and contacting you directly. I apologize for the delays experienced.
    SingleHop | Chicago - New York - Phoenix - Amsterdam | People Empowered by Automation
    TJ Waldorf | VP, Inside Sales & Marketing | @tj_waldorf | twaldorf @ singlehop.com | poweredby.ai

  12. #12
    Am a Happy Cuustomer of them ...have been using them from past 16 months...now i had a 321 days uptime on ma server.....am happy with their rock solid network....there might be some problems so be patient it will be ready

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    259
    2 years of using them and its down for 2 hours and you post a thread about it... a tad harsh!

Similar Threads

  1. securedservers.com down ?
    By roberts118 in forum Providers and Network Outages and Updates
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 04:08 AM
  2. About SecuredServers
    By sai2 in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 05:32 PM
  3. securedservers.com what do you think ?
    By aliitp in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 05:42 PM
  4. who know about securedservers
    By primrose in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 05:00 AM
  5. SecuredServers?
    By ntwaddel in forum Colocation and Data Centers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 07:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •