Best Windows Web Hosting?

Hi there,

I'm looking for a UK company that can offer a comprehensive Web Hosting package for around 10 a month. I'm looking for hosting which offers a number of databases as I will be looking to host multiple Wordpress-based websites.

I would also like to look into a service which allows me to have unlimited websites as a number of packages I have looked into only offer a maximum of 3 sites per package.

I am not interested in any packages which offer email as I will be using Google's Apps for Business service for this due to their Drive storage offer of 30GB and email services for 33 per year.

Any help would be much appreciated. Note that I will be avoiding hosting plans with 1&1 as I have had many dealings with them in the past.

Cheers in advance!

You may look in the Offers section as No Host can Offer their Packages in response to your Query.
    XiNiX InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. ( Since 2005 ) : Quality Hosting @ Your Price !
    [ US/NL/IN ] Shared Hosting ♦ WHM Reseller ♦ VPS ♦ Dedicated Servers
    █ Included WHMCS ♦ SSL ♦ Domains ♦ IPMI ♦ SolusVM Visit Us Now

Yeah -- you're not going to find that very easily. You want too much.
    - unlimited sites
    - UK only
    - small 10 budget

The closest I know of is Gearhost. But I don't think any of their servers are in UK. (Ask them.)
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Your justification of needs is going to direct you to a crappy hosting company.

Keep that in mind, a real good windows hosting company will never allow unlimited websites on any of their shared or even reseller packages, it just doesn't make any technical sense on windows hosting.

If you really need unlimited, I can simply say that you are asking to learn your lesson the hard way.

- Aria

Quote Originally Posted by Avesta-Aria View Post
    Your justification of needs is going to direct you to a crappy hosting company.

Keep that in mind, a real good windows hosting company will never allow unlimited websites on any of their shared or even reseller packages, it just doesn't make any technical sense on windows hosting.

If you really need unlimited, I can simply say that you are asking to learn your lesson the hard way.

- Aria
    Hmm, as I thought from what I've found out so far. Many sites simply recommend that only a handful of sites are hosted on the package but I'm assuming that those that give "unlimited" will cause significant slowdown, particularly as I'll be on a shared server with a large number of people with (e.g.) 40 sites each.

So I guess the options really are; invest more in a Dedicated Server for hosting or have separate packages for each site to spread the load? That way the performance of each site isn't compromised.

Thanks for all the help guys, bit of a realisation check was needed I think!

Okay, so say I cut down my wishlist and opt for a service to support roughly 10, medium-traffic websites - what kind of package would I be on the look out for to get a reliable service? Are there any companies which just offer hosting/domains only as I feel I'm throwing money away by going for a service which has mailboxes when I'm going to be using Gmail anyway?

I would go for Linux Hosting too if you are just going to run wordpress. This will also decrease the price since Linux OS is free.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Having had another quick look around at the options available to me, Krystal Hosting seem to come out on top with the 5.99 a month package.

It gives me 10 unique websites, a decent amount of bandwidth and web space. 25 databases (unclear if Linux or Windows though - assuming Linux since its controlled via cPanel?) and most importantly a UK-based company to call on when needed. Plus, if I opted to pay for the year outright I'd get 2 months for free!

Also, what are your personal opinions of Apps for Business? Is it worth the extra money or should I just opt for what I'm given with a hosting plan?

I agree net but I would also like to experiment with ASP.Net - I guess it would be better to simply run this locally rather than going for a fully fledged Windows host though just for experimentation? In future I'll want to host both .Net driven sites as well as Wordpress so I guess it would be better to review my options then?

Cheers!

There's always the case that they have cPanel/Enkompass but i doubt at that price

Quote Originally Posted by PascM View Post
    There's always the case that they have cPanel/Enkompass but i doubt at that price
    I see, would it just be a standard version of cPanel or something then? . Any opinions on Apps for Business or should I go with the standard mailboxes for now and save my cash towards a more comprehensive hosting package should I need it?

I'm used to Gmail and would like the in-cloud storage available but what's everyone's opinions on it?

Quote Originally Posted by KugarWeb View Post
    So I guess the options really are; invest more in a Dedicated Server for hosting or have separate packages for each site to spread the load?
    No, those are not the only options.

- Use non-UK hosts. Example: EuroVPS in Amsterdam, just over the channel.
    - Not "unlimited".
    - Or consider a Windows VPS. Example: Futurehosting in UK.

I use EuroVPS for Windows hosting/servers.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||