Can i trust A2Hosting?

Hello guys
    i wanted to get a reseller account from a good reputable hosting company
    i was interested to bluehost at first and then i heard from A2Hosting

which one do you think i shall go and signup?
    which one is more reliable?

is there any better reseller provider out there?
    here is my expectations:
    1 - Fast and Secure servers
    2 - overselling enabled
    3 - FAST support
    please advise

Are you currently hosting any clients or will this reseller account be for a new start up?

I haven't tried A2Hosting. I can tell you for a fact, however, that you won't be happy with BlueHost. They're EIG. Slow support, slow servers, and lots of overloading.

You know, we are a reputable CMS Developer/iOS Developer/PLC Device Manufacturer and Webdesign company in our country.

We only do business with highly respected customers which are mostly big companies/factories.

Recently my boss has asked me to find a good webhosting company to give us kind of managed services that we can give our web design/cms customers a premium hosting accounts
    since now, we had to buy webhosting plans for our customers from various webhosts but that is not going too well and we can not assure maximum quality.

that is why i have to find a premium reseller OR dedicated service
    the only thing that slows us from getting a dedicated server is that I have not find a fully managed dedicated server provider that can manage/fully secure the server
    so that how we stand
    we need to give people premium service now what you recommend?
    which provider?

A managed server/vps from WiredTree or LiquidWeb might be more of what you're looking for.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

I dont think they manage how we want!
    we dont have sys admins that is the issue!
    will they be able to provide US worry free servers?!

Quote Originally Posted by maskmax View Post
    I dont think they manage how we want!
    we dont have sys admins that is the issue!
    will they be able to provide US worry free servers?!
    If you're in search of a VPS, then you can't go wrong with WiredTree or KnownHost. What's nice about these providers is that they're managed, meaning that you don't need to be a system administrator or even know about working servers to be able to use them. They'll take care of the heavy lifting.

If you're in search of a premium reseller, I can tell you that InnoHosting is definitely a place where you want to consider. They've got great technicians and customer support. For resellers, you don't need to be a system administrator either. The web host will take care of the heavy lifting.

I think what you should consider is the resource usage of your website -- do you need a full VPS or would it suffice on a reseller? You can use the logs in cPanel to help you determine this, or you could contact the potential companies. I'd personally recommend contacting the companies. It will give you a taste of their support style and speed prior buying, and you'll be able to cross-check whatever they recommend with other providers.

Quote Originally Posted by AcclaimedHost Alan View Post
    If you're in search of a VPS, then you can't go wrong with WiredTree or KnownHost. What's nice about these providers is that they're managed, meaning that you don't need to be a system administrator or even know about working servers to be able to use them. They'll take care of the heavy lifting.
    Thank you for the mention Alan. I couldn't have said it better myself!

Hello guys
    i wanted to get a reseller account from a good reputable hosting company
    i was interested to bluehost at first and then i heard from A2Hosting

which one do you think i shall go and signup?
    which one is more reliable?

is there any better reseller provider out there?
    here is my expectations:
    2 - overselling enabled
    3 - FAST support
    please advise
    Hi Maskmax,

I am happy to answer any specific questions you may have about our hosting - in the meantime I can address a few of your concerns here:

- We do quite a bit of competitor testing on our servers and have been able to determine that our servers perform faster than many of them. <<snipped>>

- We take our security very seriously. Our servers are patched as soon as we receive notifications of patches (we use ksplice so we are able to do this without reboots).

2 - overselling enabled
    We do not oversell our servers. It's hard to quantify this directly because each server may have different amounts of RAM, etc, but we calculate the average customer use of processor/RAM/drive space, and we only allocate as many users as can fit on that server without a degradation of service. We are also very prompt in dealing with users who are abusing their hosting account or the server (i.e. running processes that tax the server or use a large amount of RAM).

3 - FAST support
    We can be contacted by phone or live chat 24 hours a day and all of our employees are actual employees of A2 Hosting. We do not outsource or otherwise hire out our technical support. It is worth noting, however, that when you are a reseller - you are are responsible for providing THEM with support, and if you have an issue that needs addressed with us, we provide YOU support. That is the nature of being a reseller

Thanks,
    Andy
    Last edited by Postbox; 02-03-2014 at 08:15 AM.

3 - FAST support
    I have experience with A2hosting for 6-7 months now.

One of my clients has VPS server with them. Speed is good, but the support is terrible. Sometimes we wait for the ticket to be responded for 2 DAYS! And some support requests are simple as e.g. giving access to the slow database query log. We wait for 2 days, then log into the chat support - and push them to respond to the ticket.

Recently we had experienced many mysql crashes, and we asked for some details on that, and they like to simply answer "the mysql is now up and running", i.e. ignoring any other questions we asked. In other words, seems like they are not willing to investigate if it is their hardware fault or any other reason (e.g. our websites).

Or we say to them on the live chat "All of our websites on our xxx domain VPS account are down because of the MySQL crash", and then they reply "which cpanels or websites are giving errors"... Well, all of them! I don't know, maybe Chat Support has no access at all to the client accounts, or they don't have automated scripts to quickly check for typical server errors.

I think Fast Support should be a key factor for web hosting companies (the leader in this for me has always been guys form ICDSoft), but I would not recommend A2 to anyone just because of the poor support.

I think A2 knows that they have poor support response time, because half year ago their Support ticket system was showing DATE and TIME next to each message in the ticket conversation.
    Now I was surprised to see that they have removed TIME from the display. So, you only see the DATE in the message thread, and have no idea how fast or slow they have replied, unless you keep track of it in your mind.

They also advertise chat support being "24 hours a day" in service, however, once the mysql was again down, I needed to chat ASAP, and I was surprised when "Live Chat" link redirected me to the page explaining that no chat is available at the moment I should leave a message.

Finally, neither me or my client are happy - so we are already looking for a new VPS service provider.

Quote Originally Posted by augustas View Post
    I have experience with A2hosting for 6-7 months now.

One of my clients has VPS server with them. Speed is good, but the support is terrible. Sometimes we wait for the ticket to be responded for 2 DAYS! And some support requests are simple as e.g. giving access to the slow database query log. We wait for 2 days, then log into the chat support - and push them to respond to the ticket.

Recently we had experienced many mysql crashes, and we asked for some details on that, and they like to simply answer "the mysql is now up and running", i.e. ignoring any other questions we asked. In other words, seems like they are not willing to investigate if it is their hardware fault or any other reason (e.g. our websites).

Or we say to them on the live chat "All of our websites on our xxx domain VPS account are down because of the MySQL crash", and then they reply "which cpanels or websites are giving errors"... Well, all of them! I don't know, maybe Chat Support has no access at all to the client accounts, or they don't have automated scripts to quickly check for typical server errors.

I think Fast Support should be a key factor for web hosting companies (the leader in this for me has always been guys form ICDSoft), but I would not recommend A2 to anyone just because of the poor support.

I think A2 knows that they have poor support response time, because half year ago their Support ticket system was showing DATE and TIME next to each message in the ticket conversation.
    Now I was surprised to see that they have removed TIME from the display. So, you only see the DATE in the message thread, and have no idea how fast or slow they have replied, unless you keep track of it in your mind.

They also advertise chat support being "24 hours a day" in service, however, once the mysql was again down, I needed to chat ASAP, and I was surprised when "Live Chat" link redirected me to the page explaining that no chat is available at the moment I should leave a message.

Finally, neither me or my client are happy - so we are already looking for a new VPS service provider.
    Sorry to hear your experience has been less than stellar. I will be PM-ing you to get some specific information about your account so I can look into this for you.

Quote Originally Posted by a2andy View Post
    Sorry to hear your experience has been less than stellar. I will be PM-ing you to get some specific information about your account so I can look into this for you.
    I have given details about my A2 experience to A2 representative Andy, but 1 month has passed and he never got back to me
    A2 style I guess...

However, recently there were no issues with A2 VPS servers, I cannot complain. Websites are running fast, all is good as long as we do not have to contact support

Quote Originally Posted by augustas View Post
    I have given details about my A2 experience to A2 representative Andy, but 1 month has passed and he never got back to me
    A2 style I guess...

However, recently there were no issues with A2 VPS servers, I cannot complain. Websites are running fast, all is good as long as we do not have to contact support
    Hi Augustas,

My apologies for not circling back around to you. I have spoken to our staff about how your particular requests were handled and we have modified our support procedures to ensure that your situation does not happen again. We have also added additional support staff to beef up our response times. I'm glad your VPS is working well now - if you run into any trouble in the future my direct email is in my signature and you can feel free to reach out to me at any time. I'm sure your experience the next time you contact our support will be quick and smooth.

Thanks,
    Andy

In my personal experience, you can get best hosting support/performance from HostGator. Knownhost is also good.

Used to have a VPS with them a few years back. Fast responds and good uptime. But it's been years so I'm not so sure about now.
    █ GreatValueHost Affordable at a GREAT VALUE with Reliability! Web Hosting Made Easy!
    Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting Instant Activation Weekly Backup 99.9% Uptime
    █ CloudLinux CloudFlare Softaculous RVSitebuilder FFMPEG Multi PHP cPanel

My experience with them has lasted about 4 days 2 years ago, on a shared hosting plan, and there was an outage with their SSD disks every 8-12 hours : a nightmare, I ran quickly !... and it seems following to posts in other forums that it continues, and support is not good at all.
    Professional hosting in Europe, based in France. Free unlimited SSL with http2 !
    https://www.yoorshop.fr

Quote Originally Posted by azraf View Post
    In my personal experience, you can get best hosting support/performance from HostGator. Knownhost is also good.
    Ok for KnownHost, but HostGator? That is going from the frying pan into the fire. The EIG fire.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.