Anyone recommend reliable UK VPS?

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a reliable UK VPS company - somebody likely to be around for a few years and not some fly by night merchant.
    Currently paying 35 a month - so where around that price ideal but would pay more.
    Hosting approx 60 sites with 20 of those being wordpress.
    Thanks
    Tel

Hello,
    what is your prefered specifications?this budget is for managed or unmanaged service?
    ServerSub.com - Managed and Unmanaged Virtual & Dedicated Server|XenServer Windows & Linux VPS
    - New York City|Miami|Singapore|Hong Kong|UK|Netherlands|Germany|France|Canada​|Lithuania|Dallas
    - VPS and Dedicated Servers in 11 Global location 100% Pure SSD Reseller & Shared Host
    cPanel NOC| Microsoft SPLA| PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Payza, WebMoney, PerfectMoney Accepted!

For a managed server I will recommend SolaDrive.com, since you don't list any specifications I think their OpenVZ Corporate plan will meet your budget.
    If you use one of their promotion coupons, the price will be even better.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (45+ months), KnownHost.com (45+ months)

Perhaps it would help if I say what I currently have then someone could spec me what I need to run the following:
    bandwidth use approx 50gb
    storage is currently 25gb,
    I have 80 sites with 30 of these using mysql
    centos 6 os and direct admin as cpanel

VPS.net is worth looking at.
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

Quote Originally Posted by MONSTERCRETATIONS View Post
    Perhaps it would help if I say what I currently have then someone could spec me what I need to run the following:
    with the specifications you can check http://www.eukhost.com/vps-hosting.php vLite 02 plan
    ServerSub.com - Managed and Unmanaged Virtual & Dedicated Server|XenServer Windows & Linux VPS
    - New York City|Miami|Singapore|Hong Kong|UK|Netherlands|Germany|France|Canada​|Lithuania|Dallas
    - VPS and Dedicated Servers in 11 Global location 100% Pure SSD Reseller & Shared Host
    cPanel NOC| Microsoft SPLA| PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Payza, WebMoney, PerfectMoney Accepted!

If those mysql sites are intensive you might want to look at using XEN or KVM for better reliability and to control your processes better as its more contained. 1-2GB Ram should do you just fine depending on how resource intensive each site is though. I definitely would recommend using cPanle over Direct Admin though.

Quote Originally Posted by myhken View Post
    For a managed server I will recommend SolaDrive.com, since you don't list any specifications I think their OpenVZ Corporate plan will meet your budget.
    If you use one of their promotion coupons, the price will be even better.
    Thanks for the mention!
    SolaDrive - Enterprise Managed Solutions
    Specializing in Managed SSD VPS & Dedicated Servers in US & UK
    Rated #1 Provider at Top 20 VPS Providers For Performance
    Visit us at SolaDrive.com

FutureHosting without a doubt.....I've been with them for 4 years now!

I would personally stay clear of VPS.net as I've heard a few bad reviews about them.

Your budget is actually very reasonable and for around 35-40 per month you can get a very good Fully Managed VPS package in the UK perfect for your specs.

Other than the WordPress sites, do you have any other special requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by Akin Olagbaiye View Post
    I would personally stay clear of VPS.net as I've heard a few bad reviews about them.

Your budget is actually very reasonable and for around 35-40 per month you can get a very good Fully Managed VPS package in the UK perfect for your specs.

Other than the WordPress sites, do you have any other special requirements?
    We've had a number of issues arising from stability issues 2011-2012, but through 2012-2013 we made large strides in improving performance and stability. If you have been effect with issues then please do feel free to reach out
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Hi Akin,
    Can you recommend some companies?

Quote Originally Posted by sihughes View Post
    Hi Akin,
    Can you recommend some companies?
    Bearing in mind the topic is for a reliable UK VPS, I would focus your energy on a company with fanatical support.

This means that if anything where to go wrong, you can either get in contact with them and have them fix any issues straight away, or better still, rely on them to pro-actively monitor your machine and resolve problems before you even notice them.

Essentially, what I am saying is that promises of 100% uptime and great SLAs isn't necessarily everything because if something does go wrong and their support is nowhere to be seen, you'll be stood there looking a little foolish.
    Akin Olagbaiye | [email protected] | +44 203 137 5608
    Shared Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | Reseller Hosting | Managed Hosting | Domain Names | Email Hosting | SSL Certificates
    TSOHost | www.tsohost.com - Proudly based in the United Kingdom

Hi,
    I have been trialing vidahost (as in your sig) but their custom cpanel does not offer anywhere the ease of use I require from Direct Admin!
    Support and price 10 out of 10 but functionality would only be a 1 for me.

For UK VPS ive always used heartinternet vps hosting, solid vps and fast support + setup, never had a problem with there VPS and used them since the summer, and always been solid.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerSub View Post
    with the specifications you can check http://www.eukhost.com/vps-hosting.php vLite 02 plan
    Thanks for the mention Serversub

@MONSTERCRETATIONS: Let me know if you need more information about that.
    eUKhost Ltd: eUK Web Hosting | eUK Dedicated Servers | eNlight Cloud Hosting
    "13 YEARS of Web Hosting Excellence"
    Fully Managed Service with 30 day money back guarantee on all our Services

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a reliable UK VPS company - somebody likely to be around for a few years and not some fly by night merchant.
    Currently paying 35 a month - so where around that price ideal but would pay more.
    Hosting approx 60 sites with 20 of those being wordpress.
    Thanks
    Tel
    Mind telling us who your current provider is? saves us mentioning a provider you may already be using.