Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ResellerClub Moving Datacenter

We are Upgrading our Hosting Infrastructure!

ResellerClub has always worked to ensure that the infrastructure that powers your business remains at the cutting edge. Keeping in mind the phenomenal growth in the hosting industry and taking on board your valuable feedback, we are moving to a new DataCenter-Datafoundry's Texas 1.
    I just received this message, and am very uncomfortable.

Is there anything to worry about?
    Don't you thing is too early to initiate such a move?
    █▌ Cheapest Domain Registration Service & Shared Hosting Solutions .
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,Monero, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, Crypto.
    █▌ Instant Domain Name Registration - Over 700+ Extensions x3reg.com!

Well, I do share your concern over the "too early" part. But Reseller Club Guys are very professional lets hope it doesnt really affect their clients.
    XiNiX InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. [ USA - UK - NL - SG - IN ] : 15+ Years of Service ( Since 2005 )
    ♦ ♦ Super Special Offers
    Cloud Server Range in INDIA
    ( Budget / High RAM / Dedicated CPU ) > [ www.istack.in ]

The so much concern is it is now part of the EIG brand.

A brand a lot are not very comfortable with on a collective base...you know what I mean...
    █▌ Cheapest Domain Registration Service & Shared Hosting Solutions .
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,Monero, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, Crypto.
    █▌ Instant Domain Name Registration - Over 700+ Extensions x3reg.com!

I'm more surprised they're not moving to Provo (although I wouldn't have expected that so soon). But given something like that seems inevitable eventually, it then seems surprising that they're doing anything at this point.
    Not as active on WHT as I used to be, but still drop in and receive email notifications from here.
    My personal blog site: https://www.oakleys.org.uk/blog

Quote Originally Posted by OakHosting_James View Post
    I'm more surprised they're not moving to Provo (although I wouldn't have expected that so soon). But given something like that seems inevitable eventually, it then seems surprising that they're doing anything at this point.
    The HG guys I recently met had nothing good to say about Provo. Some new HG stuff is going into the new TX datacenter which they were way more comfortable with.

I wonder if BetterLinux will be making an appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by mdrussell View Post
    The HG guys I recently met had nothing good to say about Provo. Some new HG stuff is going into the new TX datacenter which they were way more comfortable with.

I wonder if BetterLinux will be making an appearance?
    So is "DataFoundry Texas 1" EIG's latest DC then?
    Not as active on WHT as I used to be, but still drop in and receive email notifications from here.

So, probably we are now going to read many posts complaining about "ResellerClub/BigRock" hosting issues.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

Quote Originally Posted by YagHost-Ravi View Post
    So, probably we are now going to read many posts complaining about "ResellerClub/BigRock" hosting issues.
    yes. and many posts like "resellerclub crap" etc. like people posting about hostgator and bluehost now.

Quote Originally Posted by reldegart View Post
    yes. and many posts like "resellerclub crap" etc. like people posting about hostgator and bluehost now.
    Are you both trying to say that most of the negative comments about EIG-owned companies are prejudicial, when in fact EIG runs an excellent operation?

Or are you saying the reverse - there are lots of problems with EIG, so we can expect lots of genuine complaints.

(Sorry, my irony and sarcasm detector is currently being repaired).

I mean this one.
    Or are you saying the reverse - there are lots of problems with EIG, so we can expect lots of genuine complaints.
    But I will wish that do not happen. EIG have huge budget to improve the facilities and fix things which HG customers recently faced.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

Damn, that was fast!
    This is another EIG move!
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

OMG, EIG is everywhere!
    ADELINAhost (Established 2012)
    Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers in more than 10 locations
    https://www.adelinahost.com

But I will wish that do not happen. EIG have huge budget to improve the facilities and fix things which HG customers recently faced.
    You can always wish, but I don't EIG's priority is in providing a good service. So if they can make a ton of money by selling bad product, they won't hasten to improve it if they can fill their own pockets this way.

EIG acquired Directi and its sub-brands of course ( includes reseller club, bigrock, logicboxes, etc ). So if they are going to manage things as they did with HG, hosts... be ready to get a bunch of new clients!! Also that proves more EIG acquisitions can be expected near future. Good luck to them to move clients in a better way into their new infrastructure.

Hello,

The upgrade to our datacenters has no relation to the EIG acquisition, in fact it was a part of our long term strategy to ramp up and improve our hosting infrastructure.

In case some of you oldtimers remember this from our blog as early as May 2012: http://blog.resellerclub.com/2012/05...ter-texas-one/ you may recognize this is part of our long term plan.

We have been serving new hosting orders from our new facility for the past year and also have completed all automated migration of older orders that we could do without disrupting any services at all during this period.

Our most recent announcement is merely the last step of this meticulously planned upgrade where we now have to do a physical migration of a few packages that cannot be automatically and seamlessly moved.

We hope this addresses your concerns, we would like to reiterate that our current services will continue to be served from our TX datacenter and this has no relation to recent developments. You can be assured that this move will have no negative impact and in fact, you will receive better quality of service due to this upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Damn, that was fast!
    This is another EIG move!
    I can sense the KP EIG flair already
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

Quote Originally Posted by Team ResellerClub View Post
    Hello,

The upgrade to our datacenters has no relation to the EIG acquisition, in fact it was a part of our long term strategy to ramp up and improve our hosting infrastructure.

In case some of you oldtimers remember this from our blog as early as May 2012: http://blog.resellerclub.com/2012/05...ter-texas-one/ you may recognize this is part of our long term plan.

We have been serving new hosting orders from our new facility for the past year and also have completed all automated migration of older orders that we could do without disrupting any services at all during this period.

Our most recent announcement is merely the last step of this meticulously planned upgrade where we now have to do a physical migration of a few packages that cannot be automatically and seamlessly moved.

We hope this addresses your concerns, we would like to reiterate that our current services will continue to be served from our TX datacenter and this has no relation to recent developments. You can be assured that this move will have no negative impact and in fact, you will receive better quality of service due to this upgrade.
    What this thread shows you is how hard you are going to have to work to convince people on this forum that the EIG buyout is not bad news.

EIG's reputation on here is of having a reverse Midas touch - everything they touch goes wrong. Whether or not that reputation is fair, that's what you are working with. The smallest mistakes will be treated as symptoms of the new era.

When Hostgator got bought out, there was a rep on here for the first six months. He posted again and again - whenever someone bashed them because they'd been bought out by EIG. He replied that most of the day-to-day staff were the same, that the ethos had not changed, that they would not let things go wrong. If any WHT members had concerns, they should raise them and they'd be taken very seriously.

Then EIG moved Hostgator's servers to a new and "improved" data centre. There was a long downtime, or several. Complaints began pouring in larger numbers than ever. And Patrick vanished. He's not posted here since July last year; he's not even logged in to WHT since October. Now (correct me if I'm wrong), there's nobody from Hostgator active on WHT.

So it won't even be enough for your staff to pop up here and say reassuring things. That's been seen before. You'll need to go go beyond that, and say why this acquisition is genuinely different from previous ones. There will have to be enough detail in that to counter the climate of suspicion.

But this acquisition has not so far been characterised by lots of details and transparency. In another thread, another member said how he had phoned his named support contact at RC when the EIG deal was first announced. He explained his concerns, and the account manager reassured him he'd call back the moment he knew anything concrete. The deal has now gone through, and the account manager has still not phoned. It's another member, so I can't say, but I'd guess it's too late to phone now - they've had their chance to do so without being prompted first, and they missed it.

Recognising how suspicious people here will be is all about not letting things like that happen. Instead, there needs to be total honesty and transparency about exactly what changes are happening, what are planned, and how you can reassure people that your staff will remain at the tiller.

All the best with that.

Quote Originally Posted by XiNiX View Post
    Well, I do share your concern over the "too early" part. But Reseller Club Guys are very professional lets hope it doesnt really affect their clients.
    Professional? let me re-phase that for you... Was professional until they became a sellout to the worst company in the history of the world.

OP, we got that email to: http://cdn.resellerclub.com/mailers/...migration.html and it didn't surprise me to be honest with you. I knew something was happening and I'm like James surprised it's not BlueHost datacenter. But it's just the first sign of the EIG take over.

This is fast, hopefully they're careful when moving assets of the LogicBoxes platform itself (if any are moving).
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

It's not part of the EIG acquisition as stated, but still be worried. They have their own way of doing things which revolves around cutting (staff hours, product quality, ect) corners to maximize profits. A large company like that doesn't care about you. You're replaceable.
    █ █ █

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    This is fast, hopefully they're careful when moving assets of the LogicBoxes platform itself (if any are moving).
    Quote Originally Posted by rits View Post
    It's not part of the EIG acquisition as stated
    From http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-n...dian-presence: (with emphasis added)

Endurance International Group completed its acquisition of the web presence business of Directi this week. As part of the deal, Directi’s registration and hosting brands ResellerClub, LogicBoxes, webhosting.info, and BigRock will become a part of EIG, expanding its presence in India.
    And following on from my earlier post, this should be a cue for someone from ResellerClub to explain exactly how the sale will affect LogicBoxes, why it's being done that way, and so on.

From http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-n...dian-presence: (with emphasis added)

And following on from my earlier post, this should be a cue for someone from ResellerClub to explain exactly how the sale will affect LogicBoxes, why it's being done that way, and so on.
    They got it, but the hosting upgrade was planned for over a year now is what they meant.
    █ █ █

I know LogicBoxes was part of the sale. The quote from the original post however only mentions their "hosting infrastructure" in regards to this move, whether or not this includes assets from the domain platform (DNS, Email, etc.) is anybodies guess. If it does, I hope they're more careful than EIG generally is when moving those (I have a few domains running on the LB DNS platform).
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Ah - I'm with you now. Again - whatever EIG means for LogicBoxes, hopefully ResellerClub will be able to clarify what their DC-move means for LogicBoxes.

There isn't many rules they have to follow for hosting, but when it comes to the domain side of things, everyone should be fairly fine. They have certain rules that they would have to follow there.
    █ █ █

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast