Big Scoots Customers..A word

Hello I am Steven and I was just wanting the feedback of some of Big Scoots clients.

This is a company I see recommended quite often and have been looking at moving towards once my Hosting with my current host was up on February 1st.
    It is reassuring to see a company boast about having no bad reviews or complaints except just the other day I saw that they suffered a great deal of bad luck with downtime and a few of their customers seemed to be a bit upset at being left out of the loop or confused as to what was going on.

For those customers or ANY others familiar with Big Scoots,could you please chime in and let me know your thoughts and is this a safe company to trust my site with. I have been with Hostgator for 4 years and it is absolutely a travesty how customers are being sort of yanked around and I'd hate to jump into bed with another company. So any good news or bad news is sorely welcomed!

Any Recommendations for me?

I am looking towards
    1. Big Scoots
    2. Site5
    3. Stablehost

For VPS and shared services.

No the situation wasn't handled the best it could have been and there was a bit of a few missteps here and there with the situation. Thank Goodness, the situation only lasted merely 24 hours. With that said, despite dropping the ball there, Big Scoots did accept responsibility and i believe understood where the customers frustrations came from. Myself and others i know, use their services and this is probably the first complaint i've ever seen of them. They are truly a good group of guys.

Just learn from my brother's mistake and always keep back-ups regularly. No matter what host you decide to go with. But i do recommend them over quite a many of the popular/big hosts!

Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the kind words Hayden, I hope all is well with you and your brother -- be sure to let us know if there is anything more we can do to help.

Dauntless, site5 is an excellent host with an excellent reputation. I am confident you would be happy in their arms. Also, if there is anything you need from me, please feel free to ask.

All the best guys. - Experience the Difference, Ride With Us
    Specializing in Premium Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid and Dedicated Hosting
    Fully Managed | 100% Positive Approval Rating! | Server Migrations
    REAL 24/7/365 US Based ~5 Minute Response Times | 100% Network Uptime

Well, from my personal experience with BigScoots, I can say they are a really incredible host. I can recommend them to you as well!

Site5 is really good too, but take in mind that the "unlimited" thing has it's limitations, at least if you are planning to run a commercial website with tons of traffic.

About the downtime, in the almost 1 year I have been with them, I just experienced 2 or 3 downtimes, and they were just for a few moments. We must admit that we will have downtimes in almost any host, as nothing is perfect

The most awesome thing from BigScoots is the support experience offered to their clients; they reply your tickets in 15 minutes or even less. Sometimes when I have an issue, they help me to fix it in 5 minutes, literally, and no matter if it is late in night, they are always happy to help you

Anyway, that's just my recommendation. Your 3 choices are really good, as those hosts have nice reviews in this forum and good reputation, but choose the one you like most and the one that adjusts to your budget and requirements.

Kind regards!
    Last edited by aljllv; 01-31-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Been with stablehost since their Black friday promotion and everything is really good. Their uptime is superb and as well as support. I am knowledge on hosting so I rarely needed support (I did asked them questions about SSL and setting up a dedicated IP) and all of my concerns are answered within 5 - 10 mins.

They are a good hosting company. You can see my detailed review of Big Scoots here:

When was the downtime? I wasn't affected. I have nothing but positive to say for Big Scoots.

I faced the same problem as well! You are gone.. if you dont have a separate backup apart form your host.

Way back in 2000s.. my host went down due to hardware issue and all data gone. Fortunately, few clients that time i was able to get back from few old content on my local system and few recreated for my clients.

Its always good to have additional investment when it comes to backup! Even a top company can fail as well in this business. Its not thier mistake, but natural!

Sydney, Australia
    You can't go wrong with BigScoots - they're definitely a top-notch host with speedy support and very little (if any!) downtime. In fact for the last few months, I've pretty much had 100% uptime