Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does EIG own the internet yet?

Looks like they just purchased Directi (names like ResellerClub, LogicBoxes, etc.)

It's getting to the point that I have no idea which hosts are EIG brands anymore.

http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-n...ndian-presence
    QuadraNet.com™ - Enterprise Dedicated Servers, Cloud Hosting, and Colocation
    j.goldman@quadranet.com

It does seem that way doesn't it. The Directi acquisition is unfortunate due to LogicBoxes, hopefully that platform doesn't sink too quickly.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Let's just hope they dont try picking up Enom next.. I refuse to deal with any company that is under the EIG brand.

That is unfortunate.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

I do hope the ResellerClub Domain Registration systems won't turn crap as a result of this buyout.
    Clouveo - SSD/NVMe Cloud VPS & Web Hosting
    Cloud VPS Servers | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups | One Click Apps | Custom ISOs
    clouveo.com | Locations: [UK] London, [NL] Amsterdam, [US] Los Angeles

Pretty much like a black hole.

Yeah, I've known this for a while now. They initiated it before the IPO, and there wasn't any way it'd not go through.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Wonder how many hosts on WHT would say no to the 'never need to work again' lump of cash the leadership would receive.

I certainly would, and im sure alot of others would too!

But in fairness they are getting pretty big now, and you read reviews about there services and speeds are going down the pan too, such a shame!

Acquiring a registrar is a whole different ball game then just buying out a hosting company. There are guidelines and rules that you must adhere to. I don't see the registrar end of it changing to much but we will see.
    WebzPro.com Hosting Solutions Since 2004
    Shared/Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated
    24/7 Support Help Desk
    - LiteSpeed Powered Servers CPanel/WHM

Quote Originally Posted by WebzPro View Post
    Acquiring a registrar is a whole different ball game then just buying out a hosting company. There are guidelines and rules that you must adhere to. I don't see the registrar end of it changing to much but we will see.
    \

Directi’s registration and hosting brands ResellerClub, LogicBoxes, webhosting.info, and BigRock will become a part of EIG, expanding its presence in India.

They took all of it

They would if they could.

Now its time for ResellerClub, BigRock to decline. Very bad decision by DirectI.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

Quote Originally Posted by YagHost-Ravi View Post
    Now its time for ResellerClub, BigRock to decline. Very bad decision by DirectI.
    200% agree with you. They are going to go down the same EIG timeline and people will avoid them just like others.

Oh yeah and remember that ResellerClub has partned with iNet Interactive to bring HostingCon to Europe, China and India in 2014. So that means now that EIG will have a say in that now as-well. God help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    200% agree with you. They are going to go down the same EIG timeline and people will avoid them just like others.
    It takes 6-12 months for $hit to hit the fan after an EIG acquisition.
    So you've got about 4 left before it gets untrustworhy. (It started two months ago.)

It's been happening since 2003.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Williams View Post
    Wonder how many hosts on WHT would say no to the 'never need to work again' lump of cash the leadership would receive.
    I think all would be tempted, and I think most would probably accept.

Remember all those old corny "you have reached the end of the internet" joke sites. Well now you have really finally found it and they are all linked back to the corporate EIG site.

I'm actually not so sure this will be bad for ResellerClub. We know what happens when EIG gets a new hosting company but we don't know what they would, can and will do when they buy a registrar.

And replacing RC's current hosting with EIG staples wouldn't actually make that product worse.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Yeah, I've known this for a while now. They initiated it before the IPO, and there wasn't any way it'd not go through.
    There was a chink of hope when they didn't raise as much as they wanted in their IPO. They fell short by quite a bit, and they needed the IPO cash to buy Directi. I wonder if they negotiated a lower price with Directi, or how they squared the circle.

Quote Originally Posted by i7Grendel View Post
    I'm actually not so sure this will be bad for ResellerClub. We know what happens when EIG gets a new hosting company but we don't know what they would, can and will do when they buy a registrar.
    True - we're on uncharted territory. But two things come to mind that could happen. (Not saying they would, but it would be a shame if it did).

1. Imagine if EPP codes suddenly became much harder to obtain through the API. Instead of the API instantly returning a domain's EPP code, a client's request triggers a process whereby the support desk at ResellerClub eventually e-mail it to the admin address. And then imagine ...

2. Reseller Club did not sell domains to the public - only through their resellers. By contrast, EIG have lots of brands for which domain-selling is a major part of their business model. The Reseller Club wholesale prices are much lower than any of the EIG brand's public prices, allowing resellers to use RC's services, and make a profit whilst undercutting Bluehost etc. What if EIG decided that was bad for business, and they needed higher margins on domains that their resellers register.

Just a couple of thoughts.
    Not as active on WHT as I used to be, but still drop in and receive email notifications from here.
    My personal blog site: https://www.oakleys.org.uk/blog

Does anyone have a complete list of who they own?
    Ive done some digging and found a few, but would be interesting to see the full list?

Just hope I did not find this thread.

from all other past post, this scares me a lot.

But please don't let others who are not strong like me stumble on this. It could raise a panic and you will see countless transfer requests within seconds.

Let us all accept EIG and their $ THOUGH THEY VERY MUCH DISRESPECT US ON WHT AS THEY ARE NOT ACTIVE ON ANY OF THEIR BRANDS ON THIS FORUM.
    █▌ Cheapest Domain Registration Service & Shared Hosting Solutions .
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,Monero, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, Crypto.
    █▌ Instant Domain Name Registration - Over 700+ Extensions x3reg.com!

Quote Originally Posted by DTN_VPS View Post
    Does anyone have a complete list of who they own?
    Ive done some digging and found a few, but would be interesting to see the full list?
    The list is long, unfortunately.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endura...national_Group

Quote Originally Posted by EcoHost View Post
    not all of them are listed. its a list of few big hosts owned by EIG.

Quote Originally Posted by reldegart View Post
    not all of them are listed. its a list of few big hosts owned by EIG.
    who are the big hosts you mention??
    Small Budget Hosting - Starter Hosting, Advanced Hosting - Reseller Hosting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast