Gaming Lounge, with gaming servers

Hey everyone! New to the forum!

I'm in the process of opening a Gaming Lounge in Canada, and like many business that revolve around entertainment, we expect to be busy only on weekends.

So, we thought of the possibility of also hosting dedicated servers, mainly for gamers.

The questions I have are:

-The price range for servers that will run games like :Minecraft, Rust, DayZ etc ( Kinda like what HFBservers.com have)

- Is the "Lenovo ThinkServer RD630 2594" Something that would work?

- Will each server have it's own CPU/RAM/HDD?

- Is it at all possible to use the gaming PC's that our customers will be using, as servers? Even while being played on?

- Do you think, it's a viable side business to get into, along with a gaming lounge?

Sorry for all the questions, we want to find a solution for the off-peak hours.

Thanks you all in advance

If you know how much resources those games uses in your own pc, you can setup the servers like that, and of course you need bandwidth 1000-Base-T maybe 200 Mbps cost $690

I'm in the process of opening a Gaming Lounge in Canada, and like many business that revolve around entertainment, we expect to be busy only on weekends.

So, we thought of the possibility of also hosting dedicated servers, mainly for gamers.

The questions I have are:

-The price range for servers that will run games like :Minecraft, Rust, DayZ etc ( Kinda like what HFBservers.com have)

$100 to $300. Factors include Hardware, Server location, and quality of Bandwidth.

- Is the "Lenovo ThinkServer RD630 2594" Something that would work?
    8 GB RAM - 2.5 GHz Xeon Processor are the server specs?
    That sounds pretty good.

- Will each server have it's own CPU/RAM/HDD?
    You can split the server into multiple Virtual Private Servers so each game server has its own cpu/ram/hdd(VPS). To make things easier, I suggest sharing the resources. That way, when one server is not in use, the other game servers can use more resources.... You can host all of these games on one dedicated server. Rent a dedicated server and install a gaming control panel such as TCADMIN or GAMECP.

- Is it at all possible to use the gaming PC's that our customers will be using, as servers? Even while being played on?

Not recommended.
    The person hosting said game, will have an advantage over ping and latency. The person hosting the game will not have a reliable internet connection when comparing to a data center.

- Do you think, it's a viable side business to get into, along with a gaming lounge?

No, there are too many game server hosting companies. Your market consist of kids who only have a couple months worth of allowance saved for the summer. You won't make money.

Sorry for all the questions, we want to find a solution for the off-peak hours.

Thanks you all in advance

Thank you so much for your feedback

I wanted to add that the Gaming Lounge and the Hosting service would be separate. It's just that we would already be investing in a high quality bandwidth that won't be used during the day/weekdays.

I really like the idea of VPS, for our own servers/ renting.

The thing about renting a dedi, means I wont be taking advantage of the lounge's hardware potential.

Going back to using the gaming PC's as servers, what I meant by that was:

-Is it possible to set aside some of the computer's processing power and ram, aside for a server, at all times. The customers (of the lounge) would then use the computer for gaming.(completely unrelated to the server)

PS - I have no idea if I'm making any sense, I've just recently started researching this server stuff lol