Velocihost.net Review:

Firstly, I have had plenty of bad experiences with VPS providers, which I left negative reviews about. But now, I get to write a positive review.

Basically, I'm not a techie. I simply use the VPS to host a very basic unreal game server. This is the original unreal game and it should be able to run off very light hardware and cpu use: 100mhz 256 ram is more than enough. However, many of my past VPS providers could not even run the server without lag and stuttering, which imo means the VPS were overloaded.

Velocihost.net is excellent. I don't know if its because they use SSD or because its just well managed, but my server runs very well, and its smooth with 0 lag. So kudos velocihost! For $8, this is an EXCELLENT VPS experience.

Also: I am not receiving anything for this review from velocihost and I have nothing to gain or lose.

Thanks for the review. What other features do they provide compared to other providers? Type of control panel, etc.

Nice to hear the positive review. Since when you are hosting with velocihost?
    Find VPS Providers and Reviews at MyVPSReviews.com
    Submit Offers and Discuss at MyVPSForum.com

I've only been hosting there about a week, but I've noticed that with other hosts I've used (virpus, burst.net, semoweb, fivebean, hudsonvalley), I can tell if the vps will struggle because I start the unreal server the day I get the vps.

I'm using their KVM 512MB packages with a recurring discount $8! heck yea

I don't know what type of control panel they use...I use putty and ssh to the VPS directly,

regarding features, fast service and product. If a VPS can run a game server, I'm sure it can host websites very well, as game servers require fast response time to not lag players which I imagine applies to loading webpages.

edit: veloci should pay me for this awesome review lol
    Last edited by dxmp; 01-29-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmp View Post
    Also: I am not receiving anything for this review from velocihost
    Strange to come out and mention that.
    Can you contact us here with something to show your experience with that provider?
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

^ no it's not strange, it's strange that you are implying that I do not have experience with velocihost

if you want verification, I can provide my ip to my vps

Quote Originally Posted by dxmp View Post
    Firstly, I have had plenty of bad experiences with VPS providers, which I left negative reviews about. But now, I get to write a positive review.

Basically, I'm not a techie. I simply use the VPS to host a very basic unreal game server. This is the original unreal game and it should be able to run off very light hardware and cpu use: 100mhz 256 ram is more than enough. However, many of my past VPS providers could not even run the server without lag and stuttering, which imo means the VPS were overloaded.

Velocihost.net is excellent. I don't know if its because they use SSD or because its just well managed, but my server runs very well, and its smooth with 0 lag. So kudos velocihost! For $8, this is an EXCELLENT VPS experience.

Also: I am not receiving anything for this review from velocihost and I have nothing to gain or lose.
    We are really glad to have you on board and to be able to deliver the high performance VPS for your needs. Thank you for sharing your experience with the community.