Hardware provider West Coast

Can anybody recommend a good hardware provider on the West Coast (near LV). I am interested in Supermicro hardware in general coupled with Intel and SSDs (Samsung, Intel, Crucial). For networking we deal with Juniper gear.

Most important things:
    - support (as in decent reply times and delivery/RMA services)
    - hardware knowledge (this might sound stupid, but with my current provider I ended up spending a ton of money fixing compatibility issues because the recommended hardware did not work properly together! I will ask for configuration recommendations in some cases such as: reliability of certain components in their opinion, stability of certain configs. This will not be demanding, but I usually tell my provider what I need and ask them to recommend a brand/config that works.)
    - price (important, but can be higher is the service level offered is higher also)

Not sure if you've used them or not yet however ewiz/Superbiiz does a decent job at things. We've only had the odd issue in the past however things have been pretty good for us.

Also check out Brian. http://www.rackmountsetc.com/ we've bought a bunch of systems from him in the past which a few of our boxes from 2008 are still online and running.
    Sales/Support - sales @ purevoltage.com / 1-855-787-8658
    PureVoltage.com Premium Colocation, Dedicated & VPS Hosting, along with Remote Hands NY
    Enterprise Hardware with 6 Global Locations - Seattle | Dallas | Chicago | Los Angeles | New York | Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by Purevoltage View Post
    Not sure if you've used them or not yet however ewiz/Superbiiz does a decent job at things. We've only had the odd issue in the past however things have been pretty good for us.

Also check out Brian. http://www.rackmountsetc.com/ we've bought a bunch of systems from him in the past which a few of our boxes from 2008 are still online and running.
    SuperBiiz.com looks interesting, especially for the SSD part. rackmountsetc.com is not really working for me. I looked around and they do not seem to provide what I need.

Clarke @ OrangeSkyTech, they have an office in LV as well. We have used them a couple of times, they were slightly delayed over christmas period but other than that have been great.
    We are using them for a personal small project, but they are not a good fit for our core business where time and reliability is important (they are the ones that I was talking about in the initial post). They do have very good prices and will most likely continue to use them for projects where time is not that important.

Quote Originally Posted by BCata View Post
    SuperBiiz.com looks interesting, especially for the SSD part. rackmountsetc.com is not really working for me. I looked around and they do not seem to provide what I need.

You need to contact Rackmountetc and tell them what your looking for to get a quote. What's listed on their site is not the only server's they build...

HugeServer Neworks, LLC - AS25780
    High Quality / High Bandwidth Servers in Los Angeles and Jacksonville
    Focused on our customer needs ! Quality , Customer Service and Uptime
    [email protected] | 888-842-8570

I've worked with Brian at Rackmounts ETC, I'd recommend them as well.
    Doug, Sales Leader
    VPS | KVM SSD & SATA VPS | Dedicated Servers | Colocation
    99.999% Uptime | 24x7x365 Support | Global Data Centers
    www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

Quote Originally Posted by BCata View Post
    We buy a lot of our SSD's from Newegg when they had deals in the past now depending on the brand buying direct saves a bit.
    Shoot Brian off an email for what you're looking for and he'll be able to help you out.
    PureVoltage.com Premium Colocation, Dedicated & VPS Hosting, along with Remote Hands NY
    Enterprise Hardware with 6 Global Locations - Seattle | Dallas | Chicago | Los Angeles | New York | Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by Purevoltage View Post
    We buy a lot of our SSD's from Newegg when they had deals in the past now depending on the brand buying direct saves a bit.
    Shoot Brian off an email for what you're looking for and he'll be able to help you out.
    Newegg is not really a viable option because they have limits on how much you can buy. Our usual SSD purchases are in batches of xx. For example, Newegg only allows 3 Crucial 960GB SSDs per customer. To complete a single server I would need 6.

Brian seems to be popular here I will contact him, thanks.

With Crucial we found it best to buy direct from them. Newegg mostly was when they had some crazy deals. However it's less useful with their limits.

Dave and Steve at gopcn.com (San Diego) are always on point for us. Been using them since 2004.
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | Fully Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters

unixsurplus in the Bay Area

+1 for SuperBiiz. Anna is very helpful and prompt there. For network gear, Terabit and Townsend.
    RamNode - #1 SSD VPS
    High Performance SSD and SSD-Cached VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - 1Gbps - IPv6 - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Get your super fast VPS today! - www.ramnode.com

Thank you for the recommendations. Will split the first small orders among 2-3 selected providers to see how it goes with each one. So far I have Rackmounts, SuperBiiz, gopcn.com on the short list.

You can get alot of refurb on ebay from legit companys.

Quote Originally Posted by wcdservers View Post
    You can get alot of refurb on ebay from legit companys.
    That might be true, but we only buy new hardware.

gopcn.com is great and is the primary vendor we use now. I would also recommend rackmountsetc.com even though they have been mentioned a few times already.

We used these guys for several years now and are very happy

http://www.serversdirect.com/contact-us

In Riverside CA so very close to LV
    Dennis Romano - based in Southern California
    PHP applications Developer & Backend website programmer

Quote Originally Posted by DenRomano View Post
    We used these guys for several years now and are very happy

http://www.serversdirect.com/contact-us

In Riverside CA so very close to LV
    Are they in riverside? I thought they were in Orange?
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Are they in riverside? I thought they were in Orange?
    We had them send a unit to LV and the return label said riverside but I think the sales office is in City of Industry

Heck if they turn out to be in Orange I would just pick it up on the way to our LV house next time
    Dennis Romano - based in Southern California
    PHP applications Developer & Backend website programmer

Interesting. I wonder where they are.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance