Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New order at OVH

Hello there!

I ordered a new dedicated server 5 days ago from OVH. English is my second language, but i had to order from the french site (ovh.com) since in the english site (ovh.co.uk) my country wasn' t listed.

Right after the order i sent them the personal information they required in the welcome email. After that i have tried to communicate with the via the support system they have, to ask about the status of the order. I have yet to receive an answear.

I am starting to wonder if they have trouble communicating in english at the ovh.com site, or maybe i should have ordered from the english one.

You'll have to be patient since OVH Support is almost nonexistent.. Some customers recommend to call them if you want a faster response..

When I was with Kimsufi (an OVH brand) and opened a technical support ticket, I would always get a response within 24 hours which was acceptable to me since it wasn't a mission critical machine.

Their phone support is much better though.

Quote Originally Posted by rveram View Post
    You'll have to be patient since OVH Support is almost nonexistent.. Some customers recommend to call them if you want a faster response..
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Quote Originally Posted by rveram View Post
    OVHs support offers prompt responses 24/7.

Have you even used OVH in the past couple of years they have really improved.

Delivery on the servers can take up to 7 days currently depending on what server you select. some are 120 seconds, 24 hours, 72 hours, 10 days. it states it when you order with them.

5 days is a normal on ovh!you should make a habit on ovh for french language and 5-7 days ticket answering system.

What did the setup time say when placing your order?

I got my SYS delivered a few hours ago when I ordered it this morning, setup time said 24 hours when I placed my order.
    Clouveo - SSD/NVMe Cloud VPS & Web Hosting
    Cloud VPS Servers | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups | One Click Apps | Custom ISOs
    clouveo.com | Locations: [UK] London, [NL] Amsterdam, [US] Los Angeles

I placed the order at about 11 am in 22/1. Indeed the system said 10 days, but i am cool with that. I sent the necessary paper almost immediately and later in that day i asked them if everything was ok with the papers. There was no reply to that message so i made a new ticket yesterday to ask again if everything was ok.

Ok i understand that this is a budget provider, but except for any hardware issues that may occur i don' t need technical assistance. I didn't expect them to have linode level support but this is ridiculous, even at hetzner they replied in 1 - 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    When I was with Kimsufi (an OVH brand) and opened a technical support ticket, I would always get a response within 24 hours which was acceptable to me since it wasn't a mission critical machine.

Their phone support is much better though.
    Now Kimsufi asking to contant support via forum only. Although the problem with hardware or broken hard drives.

They changed their policy on that.
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL - Intel/AMD CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

Quote Originally Posted by BalticServers Andrius View Post
    Now Kimsufi asking to contant support via forum only. Although the problem with hardware or broken hard drives.

They changed their policy on that.
    Support via forum only? That is ridiculous.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Support via forum only? That is ridiculous.
    Check this out: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...&postcount=278
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL - Intel/AMD CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

Kimsufi servers only.. We have a few OVH servers and have no issue at all. Support is quick too (Canada).
    Hostabulous 🔗 cPanel (Cloudlinux) & Plesk (Windows DC 2016) Hosting 🔗 R1Soft CDP backups
    No Gimmicks 🍁 Proudly Canadian

You ordered a server with a 10 day setup time and now you're complaining that you haven't received it within 5?

The setup time is probably so high because they don't have stock and need to buy/order parts. How can you expect them to build a server without having the parts they need?
    Some useful tutorials for VPSes...
    Set up an unmanaged Linux VPS to host websites
    (avoid having to pay for cPanel)
    Install a GUI on a Linux VPS with RDP (cheap alternative to paying for a Windows license if you need a basic remote workstation)

Please read more carefully before you reply... I complained about their ticket response time, not about the server setup time.

They didn' t respond at all at the first ticket i made to ask if there was any problem with the documents i sent them, and apparently there really was a problem. I had to make a second ticket after 6 days that they replied fairly quickly, that i should resend the documents. 6 days lost already, not a good start i would say...

Does anyone know the phone number for international costumers? I can' t call the numbers at their .com and .co.uk sites.

Quote Originally Posted by sannin View Post
    They didn' t respond at all at the first ticket i made to ask if there was any problem with the documents i sent them, and apparently there really was a problem. I had to make a second ticket after 6 days that they replied fairly quickly, that i should resend the documents. 6 days lost already, not a good start i would say...
    6 days? Makes no sense to me why people keep buying from the budget providers. There are complaints daily on wht about slow response times.
    InfoRelay Online Systems, Inc.
    Colocation | Cloud | Data Centers | Bandwidth | Managed Services
    New York / Northern Virginia / Chicago / Dallas / Miami / Los Angeles / San Jose
    www.InfoRelay.com/Services/Data-Centers

OVH doesn't have people with the best attitude, but I have always received good and responsive technical support (again, lacking a positive attitude) from them.

* need your ovh review

Quote Originally Posted by sannin View Post
    Hello there!

I ordered a new dedicated server 5 days ago from OVH. English is my second language, but i had to order from the french site (ovh.com) since in the english site (ovh.co.uk) my country wasn' t listed.

Right after the order i sent them the personal information they required in the welcome email. After that i have tried to communicate with the via the support system they have, to ask about the status of the order. I have yet to receive an answear.

I am starting to wonder if they have trouble communicating in english at the ovh.com site, or maybe i should have ordered from the english one.
    Hi
    i wants to buy a dedicated server from OVH If you have using them please suggest me .
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by andsonjhon View Post
    Hi
    i wants to buy a dedicated server from OVH If you have using them please suggest me .
    thank you.
    OVH has a decent network and decent servers, but they're a budget provider for a reason, their support is limited and apparently quite slow (for me, the UK support has been what I expected for the price I pay, they usually respond within the hour or two during their normal working hours). If you're expecting great support, which responds quick, you should be looking at other companies who cost slightly more and will provide better support.

I personally definitely recommend them if you're not one of those people who constantly needs support.
    Cloud VPS Servers | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups | One Click Apps | Custom ISOs

* server required

Quote Originally Posted by Criot View Post
    OVH has a decent network and decent servers, but they're a budget provider for a reason, their support is limited and apparently quite slow (for me, the UK support has been what I expected for the price I pay, they usually respond within the hour or two during their normal working hours). If you're expecting great support, which responds quick, you should be looking at other companies who cost slightly more and will provide better support.

I personally definitely recommend them if you're not one of those people who constantly needs support.
    My need is quite low i wants a dedicated server for personal use, at least 50 - 100 sites including 5 ipv4. What configuration is perfect for me and where to buy. I need all best price,speed, and 100mbps dedicated connection.

My need is quite low i wants a dedicated server for personal use, at least 50 - 100 sites including 5 ipv4. What configuration is perfect for me and where to buy. I need all best price,speed, and 100mbps dedicated connection.
    Sounds like a SYS server would be best for you, SYS gives you the 1 main IP plus you can purchase up to 5 failover IPs, taking the total to 6. I don't think you can get failover IPs on Kimsufi.

Unhappy reply from ovh

Sounds like a SYS server would be best for you, SYS gives you the 1 main IP plus you can purchase up to 5 failover IPs, taking the total to 6. I don't think you can get failover IPs on Kimsufi.
    have contacted to OVH support they reply me.

"Dear Sir,

As you can see on that same site the SyS-E32-1 comes with just one IPv4 an entire /64 block, namely quite a lot, and you could reserve UP TO 5 Fail Over IPs to be paid monthly at $3.00 per IP. A Fail Over IP is a public IP you could use to host a domain for example, thought in the background they will always reroute the incoming traffic to the server main IP. But more importantly they're usable IPs.

The bandwidth is 200Mbps, you'll only have 1Gbps on connexion on OVH internal network and this couldn't be increased. The server will be deliver without any OS, afterward you could install it from your web interface. Please notice that any Windows, Cpanel or Plesk license would have to be paid additionally.

Have a good day!

Thanks for choosing OVH
    Yasser @OVH FASS Support"

In this i cant able to understand what it the means of "one IPv4 an entire /64 block" Please describe that what they wants to say.

I am currently using a SYS server for other things and they are very good, and yeha with the kimsufis im sure you cant get extra IP's, with the 6 day setup that is weird, there normally pretty damn quick.

To the user who said there network is good...there network is always saturated in peak times, ever since they made the cheap kimsufi boxes and seedboxes took over it, never been the same for me since.

have contacted to OVH support they reply me.

"Dear Sir,

As you can see on that same site the SyS-E32-1 comes with just one IPv4 an entire /64 block, namely quite a lot, and you could reserve UP TO 5 Fail Over IPs to be paid monthly at $3.00 per IP. A Fail Over IP is a public IP you could use to host a domain for example, thought in the background they will always reroute the incoming traffic to the server main IP. But more importantly they're usable IPs.

The bandwidth is 200Mbps, you'll only have 1Gbps on connexion on OVH internal network and this couldn't be increased. The server will be deliver without any OS, afterward you could install it from your web interface. Please notice that any Windows, Cpanel or Plesk license would have to be paid additionally.

Have a good day!

Thanks for choosing OVH
    Yasser @OVH FASS Support"

In this i cant able to understand what it the means of "one IPv4 an entire /64 block" Please describe that what they wants to say.
    That means when your server is first setup it'll come with 1 IPv4 IP, you can then order up to 5 more IPs (failover IPs) on top of the 1 you already have.

Quote Originally Posted by DTN_VPS View Post
    I am currently using a SYS server for other things and they are very good, and yeha with the kimsufis im sure you cant get extra IP's, with the 6 day setup that is weird, there normally pretty damn quick.

To the user who said there network is good...there network is always saturated in peak times, ever since they made the cheap kimsufi boxes and seedboxes took over it, never been the same for me since.
    I just went by what their website says, it seems to imply you can only get failover IPs on SYS and OVH ranges.

Which Datacenter are you in? Both RBX and BHS have been pretty decent for me.

Thanks for reply but i need more cheap ips .
    Is there any best source for cheap ipv4 are server providers with max ips.

Thanks for reply but i need more cheap ips .
    Is there any best source for cheap ipv4 are server providers with max ips.
    No such thing as cheap IPv4 when there's a shortage.

There is saying from where i come from, the most correct translation in English is:

"A good beginning makes a good ending"

In case of OVH it is the exact opposite. After the horrible communication i had with the about billing issues, i managed to set up my system the way i wanted, and it needed lots of time and work.

Now after two months with them, the server has had 2 hard locks until now. The first downtime lasted almost 2 hours until they reboot it, and the second one lasted a few minutes. This is unacceptable, it is destroying my credibility.

Any suggestions what i should do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast