* Burst.net? 10 open tickets ! no answer since 3 weeks!

Hello all,

does anybody know whats wrong again with burst.net? we have 10 open tickets, since 3 weeks, we have 3 open cancellation request (must be confirmed within 24h)..and dont receice any confirmation after 5 days..Overdue Invoices from the cancelled services are also not cancelled, so that new Services can not be ordered.. We know that low prices have low services, but this is undiscussable terrible.
    || Internoc24.com - more than 25 international Hostinglocations ||
    || VPS Locations: Panama | USA | UK | Netherland | Switzerland | Luxembourg | Sweden | Estonia | Lithuania | Russia | Ukraine | Romania | Malaysia | Egypt
    || Dedicated Serverlocations: Netherland | USA | UK | Russia | Romania | Egypt
    || Internoc24 @ Twitter || Internoc24 @ Facebook ||

This is typical for Burst. Expect to be ignored until you create a thread at WHT, like this one, and wait til the guy who advertises Burst to see this thread. Then he'll help you.

oh ok..good to know, that its not our "mind" alone...

but those company must be blacklisted or receive infraction with blacklist for the adverssection.
    || VPS Locations: Panama | USA | UK | Netherland | Switzerland | Luxembourg | Sweden | Estonia | Lithuania | Russia | Ukraine | Romania | Malaysia | Egypt

To cancel a service you don't need to submit a ticket, just cancel it via your client area and any associated invoice will also be cancelled if you cancel before the due date - it's an automated system.

You should probably also edit the title of the thread to remove the part about them being bankrupt
    D9 Solutions Ltd. - Hosting Over 20,000 Websites Since 2007
    Servers in New Jersey, USA & Maidenhead, UK
    Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Servers
    http://d9.hosting

yes, but sometimes (and for reseller) the automated system dont work.. i repeat it again: we dont receive the confirmation after a couple of DAYS!

And i dont know, why the title of the thread must be changed. A company who plays "deadman" with his customers and resellers, shows to be bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Internoc24 View Post
    yes, but sometimes (and for reseller) the automated system dont work.. i repeat it again: we dont receive the confirmation after a couple of DAYS!

And i dont know, why the title of the thread must be changed. A company who plays "deadman" with his customers and resellers, shows to be bankrupt.
    I've never known the automated cancellation system not to work, we actually cancelled a service this morning and it worked fine. Did you use the automated system to cancel the services you mentioned in your original post?

Not replying to your tickets doesn't mean they are bankrupt and it's very misleading to imply otherwise.

No, its not a misleading. This Situation are indicate those..how many people are working by burst.net ? 5 ? 15 ?

So high response time is not acceptable in this industry. And a warning indicate for company who stands bad or getting bankrupt is if the responsetime gets higher and higher or better: if no response is received.

Quote Originally Posted by Dant27 View Post
    Not replying to your tickets doesn't mean they are bankrupt and it's very misleading to imply otherwise.
    How about them shutting down their Dallas operations with virtually no notice due to what looks like a billing issue with the company that owns the datacentre?

I don't think anybody's trying to mislead anyone. Just calling a spade a spade, as some of the company's recent behaviour doesn't exactly seem appropriate for a company doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Williams View Post
    How about them shutting down their Dallas operations with virtually no notice due to what looks like a billing issue with the company that owns the datacentre?

I don't think anybody's trying to mislead anyone. Just calling a spade a spade, as some of the company's recent behaviour doesn't exactly seem appropriate for a company doing well.
    I agree that the Dallas situation is a very strange one, but on the flip side, if the company was in dire financial trouble would it have been able to raise the finance needed to build the brand new DC in PA and also purchase the DC in Miami, both of which happened fairly recently?

And going back to my original point to the OP, just because you are receiving slow/no replies doesn't mean everyone is in the same boat. You are well within your rights to complain about slow (or non-existent) ticket replies but it's a massive jump to then start claiming the company is going bankrupt.
    Last edited by Dant27; 01-28-2014 at 12:15 PM.

some people see that indicates of something that can be comes...and some people are naive.(i mean not you dant27)

Sorry to here the inconvenience your experiencing bud. As the others stated, I would just cancel your services through you Credit Card company or via paypal if you have subscription. Don't waste your time with the support center.

I can't speak for the communication issues, but I don't think the issues at Dallas indicate anything other than a breakdown of contract renegotiations. They wouldn't be able to negotiate keeping services up until the 7th if it were an issue of outstanding monies. Most likely, the datacenter wanted X money for the next Y years, and Burst calculated that their budget rates would mean no or negative profits. A resulting brinkmanship where both expected the other to blink first but neither did lead to the short warning in question.

How does that suggest that they are bankrupt?

Making delays and getting bankrupt are two different things.
    Managed & Unmanaged VPS by tmzVPS.com.
    █ Locations in the USA & London. 24/7 Support. Offsite Backups.
    RAID10 PURE SSD VPS - Experience True Speed!

Its amazing how people complain here, even though they are getting what they paid for.

Their ticket and phone support will be very slow right now given all focus will be on sorting out moving customers out of Dallas. They're a budget provider with a not so shiny rep - expect a 10 day response. I say this not to slate them, I say this out of realistic expectations based on the price, and the current issue they're facing.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

I agree that the Dallas situation is a very strange one, but on the flip side, if the company was in dire financial trouble would it have been able to raise the finance needed to build the brand new DC in PA and also purchase the DC in Miami, both of which happened fairly recently?
    That actually says nothing about the company's finances; one can equally say those decisions may have have overstretched the company's finances and resulted in them unable to pay the bills, i.e. bankrupt.

And going back to my original point to the OP, just because you are receiving slow/no replies doesn't mean everyone is in the same boat. You are well within your rights to complain about slow (or non-existent) ticket replies but it's a massive jump to then start claiming the company is going bankrupt.
    The jump isn't massive at all. Considering their recent behavior, selling off their UK customers and scaring their Texas customers with service termination and no migration assistance, assuming they are financially unstable to take such bone-headed actions is extremely logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusai View Post
    Its amazing how people complain here, even though they are getting what they paid for.
    I assume you're ranting without reading, because he isn't getting what he paid for, namely basic billing support that is expected with the service.

I was with burstnet for +10 years. I can confirm that sometime when the server is down, they completely ignore customer. This is a recurring behaviour.

From the looks of it in my opinion they've been understaffed for years.
    ExtraVM - 100Gbit+ DDoS Protected OpenVZ & KVM VPS, Minecraft, Dedicated, Web Hosting
    99.9%+ Up-time | 15 Minute Ticket Response | 24/7 U.S. Support | SSD-Only Services
    ≡ Dallas, TX | Montreal, CA | Gravelines, FR | Soon: Sydney, AU; Singapore; Portland, OR; Ashburn, VA

Quote Originally Posted by FoilWeb View Post
    How does that suggest that they are bankrupt?

Making delays and getting bankrupt are two different things.
    I think its meant more as a facetious attempt at discerning why a company would ignore it's customers so frequently and consistently. When you're in this business as long as some of us, you can pretty much see the warning signs and recognize the writing on the wall.

In this case, who knows... Maybe they are so overwhelmed with business they do not care. In any event, the OP's suggestion was not only understood, it was appreciated.
    Jeremy Anthony Kinsey ([email protected]) - 262-248-6759
    Budget Dedicated Servers/Colocation HostDrive.Com
    cPanel Hosting/Dedicated Servers HostingLizard.Com
    19 Years in the Hosting Business!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHostBox - John View Post
    This is typical for Burst. Expect to be ignored until you create a thread at WHT, like this one, and wait til the guy who advertises Burst to see this thread. Then he'll help you.
    Well...will help you or remind you of how many satisfied customers they have, and will remind you several times how they are a budget provider and response times like this are to be expected.

It is a shame and insolence that the title was changed without my connivance.

(and its a reson for all, to leave WHT, cancel Corporate Membership, because, if we can not write and discuss free about any sitatuion and they censor it, it is the wrong community)

I have seen many companies in recent years, which have gone bankrupt and all have one thing in common: They do not reply for days, then weeks, no more and sometime not more ..

same situation as now with Burst.net
    Last edited by Internoc24; 01-29-2014 at 04:04 AM.