$5/m Windows Vps

Hello i am looking and windows vps provider who can give me vps with $5/m . I need only 10GB space, 30 GB Bandwidth so if any one can, please suggest me

That is not possible since you need to consider the license for windows also.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

If you're willing to top up another $2/mo, consider:

http://lowendbox.com/blog/winity-7mo...ed-in-orlando/

Legal Windows license cost more than 10$/VPS.

Windows Data Center license price increased 38%: http://regmedia.co.uk/2013/09/06/microsoft_prices_b.png
    Andrius Petkus, Chief commercial officer @ Bacloud.com data centers.
    Build your cheap dedicated server, Affordable high power Windows SSD VPS
    Payment methods: Bitcoins, Credit cards, PayPal, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Safety Pay, Cashu, Bank transfer.

In addition 10GB of disk space is not a lot if you need a full Windows installation.

Quote Originally Posted by BalticServers Andrius View Post
    Legal Windows license cost more than 10$/VPS.

Windows Data Center license price increased 38%: http://regmedia.co.uk/2013/09/06/microsoft_prices_b.png
    That's useful information, but how did you arrive at that figure?
    Given 1 datacenter license permits unlimited virtual hosts, the license is a fixed cost per node, i.e. the cost is the same with 1 or 1000 VPS on the same node.

Assuming a cost of $5000-6000 per server and a sufficiently powerful server, the licensing cost can decrease sharply. Let's take a 128GB RAM server, or 256 * 512MB RAM VPSes. Let's take the license cost published by MS, then at $6155 / 256 VPSes / 12 months = $2/mo/VPS.

The above calculation neglects that a license can last more than a year, typically at least 2-3 years; neglects that more VPSes on a node is possible given that it's possible to have >128GB RAM on a node, and datacenters may offer Windows DC licensing at reduced rates.

Did I make a mistake in calculation somewhere?

vps

Quote Originally Posted by tsj5j View Post
    If you're willing to top up another $2/mo, consider:

http://lowendbox.com/blog/winity-7mo...ed-in-orlando/
    This is out of stock is there any cheap or any good site?
    Last edited by hostgatorhost; 01-28-2014 at 10:27 AM.

vps

Quote Originally Posted by i7Grendel View Post
    In addition 10GB of disk space is not a lot if you need a full Windows installation.

But i seen many seller o DP sell rdp start from $5, SO can you tell how to they provide ?

Also i was tested too them vps is ok for both side

That's useful information, but how did you arrive at that figure?
    Given 1 datacenter license permits unlimited virtual hosts, the license is a fixed cost per node, i.e. the cost is the same with 1 or 1000 VPS on the same node.

Assuming a cost of $5000-6000 per server and a sufficiently powerful server, the licensing cost can decrease sharply. Let's take a 128GB RAM server, or 256 * 512MB RAM VPSes. Let's take the license cost published by MS, then at $6155 / 256 VPSes / 12 months = $2/mo/VPS.

The above calculation neglects that a license can last more than a year, typically at least 2-3 years; neglects that more VPSes on a node is possible given that it's possible to have >128GB RAM on a node, and datacenters may offer Windows DC licensing at reduced rates.

Did I make a mistake in calculation somewhere?
    It could be much lower than that since you cannot host Virtual Machines with that $6,155.00 license. You must use a SPLA Datacenter license. Of course the actual cost will depend on how many processors that server has.

Quote Originally Posted by PCTechMe View Post
    It could be much lower than that since you cannot host Virtual Machines with that $6,155.00 license. You must use a SPLA Datacenter license. Of course the actual cost will depend on how many processors that server has.
    Apologies, forgot about SPLA, which a google Search has one presentation pricing at $65/processor/month (and I'm sure they're not the cheapest).

Back to the math above, it makes the per VPS cost even lower. Assuming a dual processor with 128 virtualized instances, ($65 * 2 / 128 instances) is about $1/vps for Windows. Still don't understand the Windows = $10/vps math.

Quote Originally Posted by hostgatorhost View Post
    This is out of stock is there any cheap or any good site?
    http://lowendbox.com/?s=windows&searchsubmit=Find

Check each offer thread to see if there's still stock at the price, and read the comments/search LEB/WHT for reviews.

You cannot find with only $5...

Quote Originally Posted by hostgatorhost View Post
    Hello i am looking and windows vps provider who can give me vps with $5/m . I need only 10GB space, 30 GB Bandwidth so if any one can, please suggest me
    The Windows licenses cost more than that. Also, 10GB of disk space won't hold the Windows operating system. You won't find a Windows VPS in your price range. You might find some ads for ones around that price but you won't find any in stock that you can actually order.
    No Support Linux Hosting Bargain cPanel Hosting Experts Only
    We IGNORE the support questions, and pass the SAVINGS on to YOU!
    We also ignore questions about VPS Hosting

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    That is not possible since you need to consider the license for windows also.
    Some LEB providers can offer at $10 per year or for life*, I have seen some providers do trade the following way:
    1) create new LEB company;
    2) pick up as much as possible clients by offering very low price;
    3) sell of the company with all clients as quick as possible;
    4) crap hit the fan as new owner will increase non profitable prices;
    5) the process repeat it self as it goes to step 1;

instead of running normal hosting business, some companies do trade as mentioned above as this way money can be generated much quicker.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Quote Originally Posted by NoSupportLinuxHostin View Post
    The Windows licenses cost more than that.
    No they do not, math illustrated above.

Also, 10GB of disk space won't hold the Windows operating system.
    Indeed. Most Windows VPSes come with 20GB minimum.

You won't find a Windows VPS in your price range. You might find some ads for ones around that price but you won't find any in stock that you can actually order.
    Overgeneralization. Most offers that hit his price range are time-limited promotions, but such offers are posted almost on a monthly basis, and for non-urgent, budget-sensitive projects you can simply wait for such an offer to pop up soon.

$5/mo is very tight, nearly impossible, but <$10/mo is very doable.

Quote Originally Posted by alex-developer View Post
    Some LEB providers can offer at $10 per year or for life*, I have seen some providers do trade the following way:

instead of running normal hosting business, some companies do trade as mentioned above as this way money can be generated much quicker.
    Be a discerning customer. I've seen supposedly non-budget hosts pull the rug from under their customers too; e.g. BurstNET (selling their UK customers off and closing a DC on short notice).

In today's hosting market, there is only a very weak correlation between price and quality; Expensive does not imply good, but cheap does not imply poor as well as I can personally attest from many amazing LEB experiences.

Instead of using price, use reviews. If a provider has been around for some time with excellent reviews, go for their offers. BuyVM, which I have personally used for example, charges only $15/yr for their most basic VPS but offers better service and more innovative features (free backup space, free DNS, cheap off-loaded SQL, internal LAN between VPSes) than most other premium providers offer.

Apologies, forgot about SPLA, which a google Search has one presentation pricing at $65/processor/month (and I'm sure they're not the cheapest).

Back to the math above, it makes the per VPS cost even lower. Assuming a dual processor with 128 virtualized instances, ($65 * 2 / 128 instances) is about $1/vps for Windows. Still don't understand the Windows = $10/vps math.
    There is no way you will run 128 instances on a Dual Xeon system and still have reasonable I/O. Half that, maybe, 32 tops if you want it to actually work.

32 instances works out to ~$4 per instance.
    64 instances works out to ~$2 per instance.

Even if you are able to cram 64 instances on the server, $3 in profit doesn't exactly sound like a money maker to me.

Assuming you own your hardware, and are at least leasing cage space, power and network connection from a provider, you're running in the red.

Lets play out a scenario. First, lets say you have 100 identical physical servers, with dual socket Xeon, crammed full with 64 instances.
    Second, lets assume you have a fixed monthly cost of $150 (really low) per server for housing, electricity, and unlimited bandwidth.

Some numbers for you:
    100 physical servers
    6400 Instances
    $32,000 Revenue/month
    $13,000 MSFT License costs
    $15,000 Rent/Power/Network costs

After expenses, you're making a mere $6,000/mo.

This doesn't factor in things like hardware failures, or attempting to recoup your costs on buying those 100 dual socket servers.

If you have any staff other than yourself (and you should), you're going into debt pretty quick.

Sounds like a whole lot of time, energy, and stress for minimal gain.
    Not worth it, in my opinion.

Talking Much much butthurt

Quote Originally Posted by alex-developer View Post

You are just mad cause no one will feature your site on LEB and youll not get free customers.
    How can you factor in VAT when comparing since you are subject to VAT on everything? Obviously purchases made outside the EU are not going to be collected with VAT, but are you not still responsible to pay it on your own? - Tim Flavin from "Hostigation.com"

But can i get any vps with near about 10$/m ?

http://buyvm.net/

256MB with Windows 2003

For 512MB you can get it for $8 with http://burst.net
    Some useful tutorials for VPSes...
    Set up an unmanaged Linux VPS to host websites
    (avoid having to pay for cPanel)
    Install a GUI on a Linux VPS with RDP (cheap alternative to paying for a Windows license if you need a basic remote workstation)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurikami View Post
    You are just mad cause no one will feature your site on LEB and youll not get free customers.
    No one mad here about the LEB market, I can see some providers who did offered the best/cheapest prices and end up in dead pool:
    http://lowendbox.com/category/deadpool

I simply posted what I have seen in past with some LEB providers!
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

BuyVM has Windows 2003. But I don't suggest such a low-RAM system.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Windows license fee will not cover that cost. Are you opposed to linux?

vps

No they do not, math illustrated above.

Indeed. Most Windows VPSes come with 20GB minimum.

Overgeneralization. Most offers that hit his price range are time-limited promotions, but such offers are posted almost on a monthly basis, and for non-urgent, budget-sensitive projects you can simply wait for such an offer to pop up soon.

$5/mo is very tight, nearly impossible, but <$10/mo is very doable.
    So bro how much i have to pay minimum ?