Colocation in NJ or LI new NYC

Hi,

I am looking for colocation in NJ or LI near NYC. Need 1/4 or 1/2 rack also need to install my own equipment. Cisco switch and DELL / HP servers dual and single quad/hex xeon CPUs. Must be reasonably priced. I have contacted a couple of places but need to find a reliable and fair priced datacenter. Any help or recommendations is appreciated. Thank you

What kind of pricing have you been getting and what is your ideal price? Have you calculated in hand fees as well?
    SolaDrive - Enterprise Managed Solutions
    Specializing in Managed SSD VPS & Dedicated Servers in US & UK
    Rated #1 Provider at Top 20 VPS Providers For Performance
    Visit us at SolaDrive.com

Although I haven't had any personal experiences, I've heard IO is great and they are located in NJ.
    -Steven | u2-web, LLC - Clustered Shared Hosting
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Talk with colo@.

They have a new deployment in Jersey so I'm sure they'll be pushing some good deals.

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

try nyi.net or net access in parsippany nj
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - colocation, dedicated and cloud quotes

For NYC or NJ check out Atlantic Metro Communications. Great guys!
    NewYorkCityServers.com - Specializing In Dedicated Servers and Financial Hosting
    True Enterprise Service, Tier 3 Manhattan Datacenter, 100+ Gbps Network, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7 Support - Email, Tickets, Phone and Live Chat
    Bandwidth Graphs, Remote Power Control, Automated OS Re-installs, Secured IPMI+KVM Included With Every Server

Quote Originally Posted by NYCServers-Nick View Post
    I'll second the recommendation for Atlantic Metro. The guys at AMC know what they're doing, and are always coming up with better ideas.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

I've had really good experiences with Constant/Choopa.

Quote Originally Posted by SolaDrive - John View Post
    What kind of pricing have you been getting and what is your ideal price? Have you calculated in hand fees as well?
    I consider $200 for 1/4 and $400 for half a good price. I have been getting anywhere between $400 to $900. There is one in PA that is very cheap but its 2 hours away. What is hand fees? I will be running enterprise equipment with raid cards and separate on board remote control cards with dedicated IP with access to BIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by steven99 View Post
    Although I haven't had any personal experiences, I've heard is great and they are located in .
    What is their pricing? Cannot see much on their website also what is their NJ address. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    Talk with colo@.

They have a new deployment in Jersey so I'm sure they'll be pushing some good deals.

Francisco
    Do you know their pricing? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leogsx97 View Post
    What is their pricing? Cannot see much on their website also what is their NJ address. Thanks
    I think you might need to email their sales for this.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by quotecolo View Post
    try nyi.net or net access in parsippany nj

Quote Originally Posted by NYCServers-Nick View Post
    It looks expensive. $1900 for a full rack

Rumored price from a few hosts that were talking to him was $999/m for a rack, 20A, & a gig unmetered.

Francisco
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Rumored price from a few hosts that were talking to him was $999/m for a rack, 20A, & a gig unmetered.

Francisco
    Thanks, submitted pricing request.

Francisco
    Thanks for the recommendation Francisco!

I just wanted to clear up that the pricing mentioned is indeed a promo of ours but that is only for Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Dallas, that does not apply to our NJ location. Man! would that be a deal in NJ

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation Francisco!

I just wanted to clear up that the pricing mentioned is indeed a promo of ours but that is only for Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Dallas, that does not apply to our NJ location. Man! would that be a deal in NJ
    Really? I thought it was being done in NJ too ;p Was an insane deal given power prices.

Oh well!

Francisco

you have to use their forms to get pricing I believe
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - colocation, dedicated and cloud quotes

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    $999 for a 20A full cab in NYC isn't too farfetched. 365 Main, who we work with often, can probably meet that.

I would recommend looking into 365 Main at 65 Broadway. That location is super well connected, and lately we've been getting great rates from them. Not sure on exact pricing though since I don't negotiate the contracts.
    InfoRelay Online Systems, Inc.
    Colocation | Cloud | Data Centers | Bandwidth | Managed Services
    New York / Northern Virginia / Chicago / Dallas / Miami / Los Angeles / San Jose
    www.InfoRelay.com/Services/Data-Centers

Quote Originally Posted by Jmax View Post
    $999 for a 20A full cab in NYC isn't too farfetched. 365 Main, who we work with often, can probably meet that.

I would recommend looking into 365 Main at 65 Broadway. That location is super well connected, and lately we've been getting great rates from them. Not sure on exact pricing though since I don't negotiate the contracts.
    Please let me know who I can contact to get a quote. Thanks

Are you looking for Primary and redundant power?

Quote Originally Posted by Jyoon View Post
    Are you looking for Primary and redundant power?
    I thought all datacenters have redundant power. Most homes have UPS and generator it would be a really bad business if datacenter did not have redundant power.

I was referring to the cabinet level. All DC's have back-up power in one form or another for the facility. But, on the cabinet level once you draw more than 80% of your primary circuit you have a chance of tripping the circuit. But, if you request a redundant circuit at the cabinet level and your primary circuit gets tripped you have the fail-over which will keep your servers up while you investigate the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyoon View Post
    I was referring to the cabinet level. All DC's have back-up power in one form or another for the facility. But, on the cabinet level once you draw more than 80% of your primary circuit you have a chance of tripping the circuit. But, if you request a redundant circuit at the cabinet level and your primary circuit gets tripped you have the fail-over which will keep your servers up while you investigate the cause.
    Prefer redundant since most of our servers have dual power supplies. Will take single source if there is a big price difference.

We're in NJ and In NAC I can speak to the pricing if your interested.

Delta,

I'd be very interested who and when that pricing was offered from NAC as we have multiple cabs and gigs of bandwidth.
    PCLHS | SAS70 Datacenters in New Jersey/Texas
    100TB Dedicated Servers 1U - Full Cab Colocation Complex Hosting Horizontally Scalable Hosting DR/HA Hosting Public and Private Clouds Web Farms Innovative, Reliable, and Responsive
    Contact Us E: mark [at] pclhs.net | W: www.pclhs.net

www.fortressITX.com

pretty sure if you mention NAC they'll beat the pricing
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by pclhosting View Post
    We're in NJ and In NAC I can speak to the pricing if your interested.

Delta,

I'd be very interested who and when that pricing was offered from NAC as we have multiple cabs and gigs of bandwidth.
    Must be within one hour from NYC. Thanks

I have been to a few web sites very poorly designed with no pricing and not much information provided.

NY Colocation

Hi,

I am looking for colocation in NJ or LI near NYC. Need 1/4 or 1/2 rack also need to install my own equipment. Cisco switch and DELL / HP servers dual and single quad/hex xeon CPUs. Must be reasonably priced. I have contacted a couple of places but need to find a reliable and fair priced datacenter. Any help or recommendations is appreciated. Thank you
    Not sure of their pricing. However, I know there is a company called Webair located in Garden City NY by my Job. I've met one of the Techs over there a awhile back and he knew is stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by moh42 View Post
    Not sure of their pricing. However, I know there is a company called Webair located in Garden City NY by my Job. I've met one of the Techs over there a awhile back and he knew is stuff.
    They are very expensive.

Did you check out interserver.net? They may be able to accommodate you for NJ.
    HostClearly.com
    HostClearly Web Hosting
    #WeAreYourBussinessPartner
    Shared, Reseller, and VPS Hosting since 2010!

Constant/Choopa best provider we've used so far!

I have received some PMs and also looked at the postings here. If you are recommending someone provide details why you recommending them and if you are using them.

1. Name and location
    2. Type of service and price
    3. Reliability
    4. Customer support
    5. What do you like most about them and how you would rate them

I have about a month to move into a new location. Anything that is above $600 for a half a rack with 20amp and 100MB connection is overpriced.

I have received some PMs
    Anyone sending PM offers is breaking our rules and probably shouldn't be trusted. They should be reported.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!