siteground vs inmotion vs arvixe?

Hey

first I am sorry for asking too many questions these days but the 30 days money back on my current hosting is only 24 hours far and I need to decide now to which company should I move. I read many articles here and on other websites and I didn't find helpful answers comparing specific hosting.

I checked siteground, inmotion, and arvixe and I think they are good for me but I need an opinion from people who tried them and know their pros and cons and if they are always fast and up

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Are you taking a shared or dedicated service there ?
    ⓐ➒AlphaNine Networks / Datacomm / GSP

Shared hosting | cPanel reseller | VPS | Dedicated Servers | SSL | VOIP | GSP | Management |
    99.9% uptime | 24/7 Support | Easy Control Panels | Operating Since 2000 |
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vini_AlphaNine View Post
    Are you taking a shared or dedicated service there ?
    Shared

and I may choose one of these

http://www.siteground.com/features/w...ss-hosting.htm the startup or growbig

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/business-hosting launch or power

and http://www.arvixe.com/linux_web_hosting
      0 Not allowed!

I have a friend using SiteGround and they have nothing but good to say about them, especially the features they offer within their control panel.
    Jon Stephenson
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry, I can't compare. Did learn about ones email practice.

I almost signed up for Arvixe the other day on the personal class, but learned there was a 1000 email restriction. Seems is if I had 3 different email accounts, thats 333 per week per account.
    So I stopped the sign up process with Arvixe. I understand they want to filter spam with that quantity of emails. There will be times I go over 333 emails so forget that. My search continues lol
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by btnew View Post
    Sorry, I can't compare. Did learn about ones email practice.

I almost signed up for Arvixe the other day on the personal class, but learned there was a 1000 email restriction. Seems is if I had 3 different email accounts, thats 333 per week per account.
    So I stopped the sign up process with Arvixe. I understand they want to filter spam with that quantity of emails. There will be times I go over 333 emails so forget that. My search continues lol
    It's a 1000 emails per hour not per week. That's 16 emails per minute...

Where are you getting your information from?

Explained: https://support.arvixe.com/index.php...sage-explained

SERVERS CAN NOT BE USED FOR MAILING LISTS/BULK MAILING.
    The limit below is for regular mail correspondence.

PersonalClass: 1000 per Hour
    BusinessClass:5000 per Hour
    ResellerClass:1000 per Hour per domain
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arvand View Post

oh good, thanks for the update on that. from blog and appears like it was weekly. I'm at 200-400 per day so that works fine.

Is a name, credit card, and address good enough to sign on your Arvixe service? An email wont come through later asking for driver license scan or, SS#, W2's, etc? Thanks
    Last edited by btnew; 01-27-2014 at 10:42 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

So I eliminated inmotion and now I need to know which one is better siteground or arvixe? both of them are good for me but I need your experience and advise for the best in terms of reliable and performance and always uptime
      0 Not allowed!

One thing that bothers me about SiteGround is that they're always advertising a 'special price' that's around 50% less than the 'normal price'. Yet in the entire past year, I've never seen the normal price used. In fact, if you go through the web archive for every month since they relaunched their site last year it's always the 'special price':

http://web.archive.org/web/201307010...eb-hosting.htm

While SiteGround does appear to be a quality host, this kind of manipulative marketing does grate on me. SiteGround should stop with the facade and just put its prices permanently up at the 'special price', because they're clearly intended to be the regular prices. This kind of behaviour makes me distrust a host.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Williams View Post
    One thing that bothers me about SiteGround is that they're always advertising a 'special price' that's around 50% less than the 'normal price'. Yet in the entire past year, I've never seen the normal price used. In fact, if you go through the web archive for every month since they relaunched their site last year it's always the 'special price':

http://web.archive.org/web/201307010...eb-hosting.htm

While SiteGround does appear to be a quality host, this kind of manipulative marketing does grate on me. SiteGround should stop with the facade and just put its prices permanently up at the 'special price', because they're clearly intended to be the regular prices. This kind of behaviour makes me distrust a host.
    but unlike many other companies they don't use "Unlimited Storage" which I think is better for the customers to know how much exactly they have and less load on the server

but I just care about their performance and uptime and technical issues if any more than the prices
      0 Not allowed!

try crocweb or freshroastedhosting. they are the shining ones now. crawling to the top. you can see them in the top-list soon. both have great support.
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by reldegart View Post
    try crocweb or freshroastedhosting. they are the shining ones now. crawling to the top. you can see them in the top-list soon. both have great support.
    Right now I prefer choosing between Arvixe and siteground only
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Isa Al View Post
    but unlike many other companies they don't use "Unlimited Storage" which I think is better for the customers to know how much exactly they have and less load on the server

but I just care about their performance and uptime and technical issues if any more than the prices
    Siteground should be avoided at all cost. They used to do the unlimited offers, i think they still do. But that's not the main problem. As someone mentioned before, they do play a lot with their prices. Basically you can sign up the first year for a moderated price, then the next year, boom! double the price. LOL. But don't forget that they want you to pay annual and if you choose monthly, they will charge a setup fee. For Jesus mercy, who the --fill the blank here-- charge for setup a shared hosting account, is really a JOKE.

+ Also you cannot install SSL yourself, you have to pay them like 60-80 for IP and installation. What if I don want to pay for IP and just prefer to use SNI? What if I want to do it myself, like in any other shared hosting provider?

Also they don't use cloudlinux, nor litespeed. So basically youre stock with apache and 1H software, which have been proved to not be so efficient vs CL.

And if you are considering a VPS LOL , they won't give you root access. Which is quite pathetic and if you ever want to change the apache conf they will charge 100$ (or near that) for each hour of work. I mean isn't that pathetic enough? $100 for just selecting a few checkmarks and hit the button compile?

Companies like this one are bringing this market to the ground with their shaddy business.

You don't even want to hear about their support...

Don't let them fool you with their marketing.

Here is a joke:
    Go to siteground.com->then click menu Web Hosting-> Select->GrowBig "get started"->fill a new domain, proceed-> then when you see a form asking you the payment method, your name etc, press back in your browser--> you will see they will offer you a discount. Isn't that wrong? 2 different prices, basically if I dont hit the back button they will charge me more. What's even worst is that either case the next year the renewal will be even more. wrong...

THere are way better companies, for example I use BigScoots, best support I've seen in shared hosting. Have used Stablehost which is quite popular here and MDDHosting, both top notch, also HostDime. You can't go wrong with any of them.

SKip SiteGround.
      0 Not allowed!

I find that back button thing pretty distasteful too. It knocks £1 off, but considering you have to pay for a year that's £12 you're saving.

The one thing that it looks like SiteGround does do well is performance, and they have what looks like a good Varnish set-up. Have you found that to not be the case?

All useful to know when I'm discussing hosting with people.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Williams View Post
    I find that back button thing pretty distasteful too. It knocks £1 off, but considering you have to pay for a year that's £12 you're saving.

The one thing that it looks like SiteGround does do well is performance, and they have what looks like a good Varnish set-up. Have you found that to not be the case?

All useful to know when I'm discussing hosting with people.

so you think Siteground performance is good but it's prices are bad right?
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know, never used them.
      0 Not allowed!

so you think Siteground performance is good but it's prices are bad right?
    It is not like you are buying a rocket Both web hosts should work, despite that offering "unlimited" is quite cheap way to sell… but these web hosts have a lot of customers and this means they are good Shared hosting providers.

It is always good to go and compare the Terms of Service and to see what are the limits of the Shared accounts. Asking questions at WHT always helps, but it is better to go, submit questions to both web hosting companies and then to choose one, based on response you'd get.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    It is not like you are buying a rocket Both web hosts should work, despite that offering "unlimited" is quite cheap way to sell… but these web hosts have a lot of customers and this means they are good Shared hosting providers.

It is always good to go and compare the Terms of Service and to see what are the limits of the Shared accounts. Asking questions at WHT always helps, but it is better to go, submit questions to both web hosting companies and then to choose one, based on response you'd get.

I asked them a lot of questions and now almost all the chat representatives know me

I found that both suit my needs but in terms of performance and uptime I can't ask them because they will say 99.9% so I need to know from real users

like in bluehost they promote 99.9% uptime and in my case and today my website is up for 81.54% only!
      0 Not allowed!

I asked them a lot of questions and now almost all the chat representatives know me

I found that both suit my needs but in terms of performance and uptime I can't ask them because they will say 99.9% so I need to know from real users

like in bluehost they promote 99.9% uptime and in my case and today my website is up for 81.54% only!
    These are known as Shared Hosts, as I have already mentioned... have a lot of customers and won some reputation. The uptime for Shared accounts is better to me measured on per server basis, as these do not run cPanel on clusters (probably no one does… or just very few do). Some of their servers probably have 100% uptime, other installations might have a poor uptime record, I don't know, ask them…

You just go and sign up with one of these… it is really not a big deal and you'd probably get a decent service from any of them.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arvand View Post

That is a VERY generous number of emails for a shared server!
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    That is a VERY generous number of emails for a shared server!
    So I can't send newsletters?
      0 Not allowed!

So I can't send newsletters?
    Er... yes, you can? At a rate of 1000 per hour.
      0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=btnew;8996340]oh good, thanks for the update on that. from blog and appears like it was weekly. I'm at 200-400 per day so that works fine.

Is a name, credit card, and address good enough to sign on your Arvixe service? An email wont come through later asking for driver license scan or, SS#, W2's, etc? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Cliff note: From my short time here, Arvite seems very quick to respond on this form with post that are more on the negative side.
    Legitimate questions here: crickets cherp.

Guess ya have to use their forum to get responses, in all fairness.

Try turning your defense into an offense here too.

another bummer.
      0 Not allowed!

Where on the blog?

99% of customers sign up automatically with the general information they provide (addresss, cc, etc). For the 1% that get caught through the verification checks we offer we allow auto-verification via phone (US) or Paypal email (when paying via paypal and not using penny coupon). If all above checks fail then we do need more information such as scans of identification (0.1% of customers)

Cliff note: From my short time here, Arvite seems very quick to respond on this form with post that are more on the negative side.
    My staff and I respond to every single post about Arvixe, negative or positive whenever a response is warranted.

Ultimately, you are trying to spread absolutely incorrect information that's not advertised anywhere on our websites. I should be happy about that?

If you don't know, don't comment. Simple rule everyone should follow. Especially individuals on WHT.

Isa - you can send newsletters.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by btnew View Post
    Legitimate questions here: crickets cherp.
    As somebody that's been on the forum now for ~8 years, I disagree with your statement.

From what I've observed, they respond to everything. It's actually a good thing. Many "unlimited" hosting companies do not, and is thus a reason they are not to be trusted. Arvixe does a good job here, especially when Arvand's employees answer.

It's one of several reasons that I use them.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

I would highly recommend SiteGround. If you want exceptional technical expertise and in our case 100% uptime then you won't go wrong (long time user & fan).
    ██ Best Host News - Hosting News, Reviews, Hosting & WordPress Tutorials, and Hosting Guides
      0 Not allowed!

I would recommend stablehost. You will never regret. They are the best provider in the market.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by besthostnews View Post
    I would highly recommend SiteGround. If you want exceptional technical expertise and in our case 100% uptime then you won't go wrong (long time user & fan).
    Good joke! ^ ^
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HRR1963 View Post
    Good joke! ^ ^

Why? I mean what do you know about Siteground?
      0 Not allowed!

Why? I mean what do you know about Siteground?
    Everything that is there to know.

Your pocket will burn for simple / basic / standard services that better and more reputable / known companies offer with double of the quality.

Don't let the marketing fool you

Siteground is more expensive than LiquidWeb basically. Why going with a foreign company with shady practices, when you can go with the very well known company that sponsor this forum?

Just warning the OP Nothing personal. (I was a customer and my pocket got raped multiple times with siteground).

Do the right questions at their chat and you will able to see their black spots.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post

I have also been searching for new hosts lately, and looking in the TOS for shared hosting resources is not very helpful. Most companies I've looked at aren't forthcoming with those details.

My current hosting company actually refused to tell me what my actual resource allotment is due to "competitive reasons". They only point me to my cPanel graph of my current resource usage percentage, which is completely useless if you don't know what the actual allotment is to begin with.

NAMECHEAP is the only company that I have seen that not only openly and clearly states it in their TOS/AUP, but they also openly advertise it!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Traders View Post
    NAMECHEAP is the only company that I have seen that not only openly and clearly states it in their TOS/AUP, but they also openly advertise it!
    Stablehost, Site5 and Namecheap are all very transparent.
    (And it's why I so often recommend these hosts others! They're very pro-consumer.)

If you like Namecheap, use them. (I do!)
    || Need a good host?
    ||
      0 Not allowed!