Thumbs up 18 month review of SolaDrive.com

SolaDrive.com itís my second fully managed services, and one of the host I normally recommend. I have been using them for over 18 months now. Read more in my review.

Product/hardware/price

SolaDrive.com has really good hardware. They still are number 1 on my Top20 benchmarking list. You get at least a 16 core server (fair share), but they also have 24 cores servers. Iím currently on a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 @ 2.00GHz server
    on their UK node using their OpenVZ business plan with 1 GB of RAM and 40 GB RAID-10 HDD.

SolaDrive has three fully managed OpenVZ VPS plan to offer from 1 GB to 4 GB of RAM and three XEN plans from $30/mo to $80/mo. For a fully managed service, their prices is pretty good.

They also offer three locations, Los Angeles, Scranton and the UK.

Service/Support

SolaDrive has excellent service, and are know for it on forums like Webhostingtalk.com. They really takes cares of their customers. They say on their page that support tickets normally is replied on after 10 minutes, but no longer then 60 minutes. I have checked my last three tickets, and the response time was: 23 minutes, 3 minutes and 4 minutes. Thats a average of 10 minutes, so they donít lie on their site.

Network/uptime

My monitoring services tells me that I have a 99.796% uptime the last 12 months with 1 minute monitors. Most of my downtime has been a result of DDoS attacks on the node or DC. They do promise a uptime of 99.9%, so in this case they have not held their guarantee. 13 hours and 53 minutes of downtime is allot in a year.

Conclusion

The only negative thing about SolaDrive is that they have had allot of downtime on their UK node the last year. But their service is still excellent and their support is really fast. and they have a great product. So I have no problems at all recommending SolaDrive to people needing a fully managed host in the US or in the UK. So I give them four stars (of 6) this time.

See the full review here...with benchmark and other pictures.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (45+ months), KnownHost.com (45+ months)

Hey Ken, thank you so much for providing such a detailed and honest review of our services. It really gives good incite on all aspects of the service we provide and allows future/potential buyers know more about us from a clients perspective, so we really appreciate that and thank you for the time writing this.

Just an explanation, most of that downtime was when our servers were in our old DC. After we moved to the new DC there was only 1 total hour of downtime in 7 months, all due to a router failure in which the redundant router did not pick up all the traffic causing for some downtime. We are definitely confident we are going to have 100% uptime for this next year after all these changes.

We look forward to the months and years to come working with you.
    SolaDrive - Enterprise Managed Solutions
    Specializing in Managed SSD VPS & Dedicated Servers in US & UK
    Rated #1 Provider at Top 20 VPS Providers For Performance
    Visit us at SolaDrive.com

Yea, your downtime has fallen dramatically last months. I'm sure you are a 5 star host in my book by next year.

I hope my reviews always is honest and that both host and WHT thinks that.

I will continue recommend you here at WHT, thats for sure.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)