* Beam Servers - Terrible Service, Uptime, Support and Security

This is an event that actually happened about 4+ months ago but I have decided to make this thread as I have just received another random invoice from them although they canceled my service.

So I way paying for their 2.99 service that includes:
    10 GB Space
    1 TB Bandwidth
    Unlimited Subdomains
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    10 Addon Domains
    10 E-mail Accounts
    10 MySQL Databases
    Netherlands (NL) Location
    Latest cPanel
    24/ 7 Dedicated Support
    99.9% uptime guaranteed
    7 Days Money Back Guarantee
    CloudLinux & Nginx
    Daily Backups
    Free migration
    Premium Softaculous
    (sorry I cant use any Forum code)

I was getting about 70% uptime, and I thought maybe they where just going through a bad patch. but this happened repeatedly for hours sometimes and they just kept complaining about a HDD failure which I think is utter BS because if they where using SMART Disk checking they should rarely ever get problems. not only this but I was told many times I was getting DDOSed, when really all that was happening was I had 10 users on my site at a time and according to these guys that is way too much.

after all of this I was pretty pissed but I still stuck around until this happened:
    My website was closed first then when >I< contact them they tell me that my site has a "security issue" it turns out that due to their own negligence a hacker had hacked into servers/Admin panel and had put a PHP backdoor onto my entire website. I was told this was my fault and I asked them to check my website for issues. after about 3 hours of them "checking" they found nothing. then I only learned of the hacker doing these attacks after he had actually hacked my site/Forum and we made friends and he told me all about what he had done.

So thats my gripe about

sorry to hear about your experience but you get what you pay for.

you shouldn't have expected so much for 3 bucks a month, regardless of what they promised you.

United Kingdom
    Yeah this is pretty cheap for all of what they are promising.

Sounds painful.

Could you elaborate I how you were able to work out that the malware was because a hacker had invaded the whole server, as distinct from them exploiting a security hole in the code for just your site?

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

James I cant quote because I don't have 5 posts, could you reiterate your question?