Do you use Cloudflare Business Plan for DDoS protection?

I currently use CNServers which is actually great for the price I pay for a filtered IP, but they're in Portland and it's not going to be an option for me on the US East coast.

There aren't many options on the US East Coast for filtering, Staminus is the only thing coming to mind right now. I'm considering them, too, however want to know what your experience is with Cloudflare's Business plan (The $200/mo plan) for DDoS filtering. Going with Cloudflare allows me to choose any US east coast provider, regardless if they offer filtering natively or not.

I know on the lower tier plans, they will pass all traffic onto you if receiving an attack. Their website doesn't specify what they're capable (or willing) to mitigate so I am curious what that is on their largest plan.

Basically just fishing for some user experiences from those who actually use the plan.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

I think you'd be better off actually having a server on a DDoS Protected network and sticking with the CloudFlare free plan to 'hide your server IP'

CloudFlare is great for filtering DDoS attacks, especially TCP attacks. When it comes to medium to large size UDP attacks, you'll probably want the CloudFlare Enterprise, but of course the price can be pretty expensive.

Let me ask you this, how much DDoS protection you need?

I do know that CloudFlare Business will handle 2 Gbps - 3 Gbps attack, as I had experience with a customer that was under a 3 Gbps attack, and once switched over to CloudFlare Business, the attack has stopped. Definitely not for a prolonged time thought.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

We had an attack of around 30Gbps (7.5M PPS) against our website (which CNServers handled fine), after an hour or so the kid got tired and realized our site wasn't going anywhere so he directed it at a popular forum that used Cloudflare for protection and within 15 minutes of the attack the owner set something in Cloudflare (not sure what) and his site was back online for the duration of the attack. Now I'm assuming the kid gave it all he had like he did our website but for all I know it might have only been a 100Mbps attack.
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

For a $200 budget where the primary concern is protecting a web site, CloudFlare seems like a viable solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoork Hosting View Post
    CloudFlare is great for filtering DDoS attacks, especially TCP attacks. When it comes to medium to large size UDP attacks, you'll probably want the CloudFlare Enterprise, but of course the price can be pretty expensive.

Let me ask you this, how much DDoS protection you need?

I do know that CloudFlare Business will handle 2 Gbps - 3 Gbps attack, as I had experience with a customer that was under a 3 Gbps attack, and once switched over to CloudFlare Business, the attack has stopped. Definitely not for a prolonged time thought.
    Well, I currently pay $3/mo for a DDoS filtered IP that has taken bigger hits than it sounds like CF is willing to do for much more money.

Only reason I am at all entertaining the though of switching is to relocate my server in an area better suited for the visitors, trouble is there are no real 'decent' DDoS filtering options in a suitable pricerange for the middle US / east coast US. $200/mo is more or less my limit for filtering, without the server cost. Who are my real options now? All I can think of is Staminus and I've not been hearing all that good things about them, direct from a couple customers who use them.

I liked the idea of CloudFlare as it allows me to choose any host, and not have to worry about managing a GRE tunnel or messing around with a reverse proxy to a filtered IP, bla bla. Just seemed like a simple, drop in solution that hopefully was capable of being halfway decent when compared to much cheaper options that appears to provide much better protection.

We'll see.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!