Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down GreenValueHost: Stay Away

Hello,

I had signed up with GreenValueHost (greenvaluehost.com) last year in November when GreenValueHost was having one of their "ridiculous" sales (70% off for life) for the VPS. I signed up for their "Virtual Private Servers - V-Advanced" package. Since then however I have had nothing but problems with this host.

To start, when I signed up they assigned me either the wrong IP address or did not properly setup my server because the details they provided me when I signed did not work. So the first thing I had to do was contact them via their ticket support system, this however was fairly quick and was resolved in around an hour from me making the ticket.

After that things seemed to be going smoothly, until a month later. Since December my VPS has been having any of the following issues:
    - I cannot access the server (network problems)
    - The server gets forcefully rebooted without my knowledge at odd hours of the day
    - The server becomes extremely slow and I tend to get kicked off my SSH
    session.

Every time I contact support regarding these issues they say it's flagged for "level 2 administrators", who eventually simply respond with "this issue has been resolved now" with no explanation as to the cause or if it is a permanent fix.

At one point it took them 10 hours to respond to a ticket regarding my VPS being offline and inaccessible. During these periods, even their "SolusVM" control panel becomes inaccessible, so I cannot even go to force reboot the server from the control panel.

Today, again, in case you are wondering, my server again has been forcefully rebooted and I keep getting disconnected from the SSH sessions - and I am still waiting on a reply from support.

This was it for me, I cannot handle such poor quality of service. I don't need 99.9999% up time but I certainly cannot handle downtime every other day day and forceful random reboots. I got foolishly attracted to them with their extremely cheap deals but ended up thoroughly frustrated, annoyed and dissatisfied.

STAY AWAY from these guys. Their cheap deals are exactly that, cheap - cheap in quality that does not justify any price.

Thank You
    Last edited by AaronDM; 01-24-2014 at 11:22 AM.

They have been receiving a lot of heat lately at VPSBoard about these crazy offerings. At the end they know their business model and how it works out, but judging by this review it doesn't seem to be going very well.

If you have not canceled yet, hopefully they can get it resolved for you. Good Luck.

- Daniel

I think the problem in every service that they offered.. Hope they get the way out from this screw things..

Similarly like this was on LET since few days ago not just VPSboard

How much you paid?
    --

It was really cheap, $48.40/year for the following:

150GB
    30,000GB @ 1Gbps
    Basic Managed
    2024MB
    4048MB

They have since replied saying they can move my server to a different node and I have since accepted this offer. Hopefully this resolves things.
    Last edited by AaronDM; 01-24-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronDM View Post
    It was really cheap, $50/year for the following:

150GB
    30,000GB @ 1Gbps
    Basic Managed
    2024MB
    4048MB
    uhm seem a nice offer. Now do you think that is wise to complain about a VPS services with that amount of resources for 50/year?

Don't you think it makes you look bad?

If you want stability and premium guaranteed service, with those specs you would be paying over $600 a year.

Does your review have other intentions? uhmm I'm curious.
    --

I used them I believe in a deal for a mate, and then I used it for training my small team until we didn't need it either and then cancelled it. But I had a pleasant experience with them and only had one issue which was where the server wouldn't boot and it just needed a FSCK scan to fix a few errors on the disk.

If you ask them what the problem is I'm sure they will tell you. I had the cheap offers for a couple of dollars a month.

You can't really complain for that price as you get what you pay for, however I will say I've been with them for a couple of months using their VPS for my dev server and I haven't had any issues with them at all.

Have you contacted jon about your issues with support? He's always been awesome to me when I have had small issues with the support team.
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ Running your web hosting business has never been easier - Hostistic.com
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ More Details coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by HRR1963 View Post
    uhm seem a nice offer. Now do you think that is wise to complain about a VPS services with that amount of resources for 50/year?

Don't you think it makes you look bad?

If you want stability and premium guaranteed service, with those specs you would be paying over $600 a year.

Does your review have other intentions? uhmm I'm curious.

Sure I think it is wise. My intention was to inform people about their services (since it must be very attractive) as well as get the attention of GreenValueHost (which I myself brought to their attention in my ticket).

Are you telling me it is okay for a company to provide service to its customers regardless of how poor it is?

They clearly made a financial decision to reduce pricing to those low levels with the understanding (I hope, otherwise I think it is unethical to do otherwise) that they can maintain a "decent" quality of service for their customers.

Unless they explicitly advertise "cheap prices for a cheap service", I believe I have the right the complain. Again, I have not asked for 99.99% uptime, but going down every other day, problems accessing my server, forceful reboots. Regardless of the price I paid, I should not be asked to "simply accept it".

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusL View Post
    You can't really complain for that price as you get what you pay for, however I will say I've been with them for a couple of months using their VPS for my dev server and I haven't had any issues with them at all.

Have you contacted jon about your issues with support? He's always been awesome to me when I have had small issues with the support team.
    I have contacted support and they have offered to move me to another node which I have accepted. I am hoping this is the start of some resolution to these problems.

I still don't believe I should be asked to accept extremely poor quality service simply because I am paying a low price. I'm not asking for a premium service, but right now I am not even getting an "average" service.

*Sorry for the double post*

There are currently network issues that are being worked on at our New York datacenter. None of our other locations are experiencing these issues and this is purely a network issue that is being diagnosed upstream.

I think you offer cheap rate and faced problem on server

Quote Originally Posted by hostgatorhost View Post
    I think you offer cheap rate and faced problem on server
    I think he has already apologized and the issue has been adressed already, please stop trying to spam your signature with irrelevant posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusL View Post
    You can't really complain for that price as you get what you pay for......
    Quote Originally Posted by HRR1963 View Post

You know what's sad....constant bad reviews....over....and over.....and over....and over....for months....and months....and months on end.

Now let's look at RamNode. Same price range, better services, almost zero issues/downtimes....and a owner that WILL help if an issue arises. No smokescreens.

Some people offer cheap, some offer affordable

Quote Originally Posted by GreenValueHost View Post
    There are currently network issues that are being worked on at our New York datacenter. None of our other locations are experiencing these issues and this is purely a network issue that is being diagnosed upstream.
    How do network issues cause forceful server reboots all the time? Never heard of that before.

These days web hosting and servers quality of services depend on many different factors one being what type of site you have and scripts another being what type of server your on and the hardware that is has. There are plenty more I could go on for days now but I will not .

Constant downtime can be annoying and I understand the fact that you don't care if there's downtime here and there but yes a lot of people will get a lot of frustration if their sites goes down on a daily basis and if their server always resets at peek and random times on its self.

I am pretty sure GVH will take care of you and compensate something for you because of the issues you've been having lately.

At the end of the day you have all the rights to complain and home here and share your experiences but paying the price you do now for a vps with those specs heck you lucky they are even hosting you for that price . And if none if these issues have occurred then I bet you would of been explaining how good their services are but unfit truly towards your perspective they aren't good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wswd View Post
    How do network issues cause forceful server reboots all the time? Never heard of that before.
    This.

Also, has there been any update from GVH? Jon is usually good at solving client issues...

Quote Originally Posted by AcclaimedHost Alan View Post
    This.

Also, has there been any update from GVH? Jon is usually good at solving client issues...
    For a 16-year old boy...
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/206...-a-16-year-old
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/205...3-issues-again

Just curious: What's wrong with that? As long as the person that legally owns the business is a legal adult, there is nothing wrong.

Keep doing bad PR, some day bad PR will get to you. And it hurts
    --

My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)