Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    55

    Reliable provider in the US

    Hi, I'm looking for a reliable provider in the US with high SLA standard (e.g. 30 min hardware replacement guarantee and 1-30 min guaranteed ticket reply). Good world-wide connectivity is crucial too.

    Crossed out LiquidWeb, Softlayer, Hivelocity, WebNX (nothing to do with SLA or QoS!)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,125

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    55
    self-managed, medium spec, ideally on the crossroad of US interconnection routes, ideally under 500 USD/mo with specs:

    CPU: 3GHz or higher
    Memory: 16GB or higher
    Disks: hardware RAID 10, 4xSAS 15K HDDs 300-450 GB each
    Network: 100M (or 1000M port)
    OS: Debian 7 64-bit (amd64)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13
    Hosting com
    Rackspace
    Savvis

    -
    maybe:
    peer1
    verio

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    55
    CheckLayer, Which ones are best in terms of support/replacement SLA?

  6. #6

    Response

    Do not use Rackspace.

    Use Datashack they are amazing.

    Volumedrive are not that bad either.

    There are many more on the market. Though there my fav for a low budget and great support and setup times.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gamehostingbayforum View Post
    Do not use Rackspace.

    Use Datashack they are amazing.

    Volumedrive are not that bad either.

    There are many more on the market. Though there my fav for a low budget and great support and setup times.
    I don't believe he was looking for a budget provider or short setup times.

    NewYorkCityServers.com offers a short SLA on hardware replacement - http://newyorkcityservers.com/sla.html

    You will be hard pressed to find a 30 minute replacement SLA as it can take more than 30 minutes to swap out a motherboard.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Looking to switch providers? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    292
    Please share your budget , then we can suggest for you

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AlekPrivax View Post
    ideally under 500 USD/mo with specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by hostgatorhost View Post
    Please share your budget , then we can suggest for you
    See the quoted text.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Looking to switch providers? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by AlekPrivax View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for a reliable provider in the US with high SLA standard (e.g. 30 min hardware replacement guarantee and 1-30 min guaranteed ticket reply). Good world-wide connectivity is crucial too.

    Crossed out LiquidWeb, Softlayer, Hivelocity, WebNX (nothing to do with SLA or QoS!)
    Why is it that you've ruled out Softlayer and Liquidweb? They're pretty reputable.

    I'd recommend BigBrainHost and Colocation America.
    Here's a few of their pricing packages: http://www.colocationamerica.com/ded...tom-server.htm
    InfoRelay Online Systems, Inc.
    Colocation | Cloud | Data Centers | Bandwidth | Managed Services
    New York / Northern Virginia / Chicago / Dallas / Miami / Los Angeles / San Jose
    www.InfoRelay.com/Services/Data-Centers

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmax View Post
    Why is it that you've ruled out Softlayer and Liquidweb? They're pretty reputable.

    I'd recommend BigBrainHost and Colocation America.
    Here's a few of their pricing packages: http://www.colocationamerica.com/ded...tom-server.htm
    Thanks for the mention ...Big Brain Global Networks (fka Big Brain Host ). But if you have any questions we're always here to address them.
    Doug, Sales Leader
    VPS | KVM SSD & SATA VPS | Dedicated Servers | Colocation
    99.999% Uptime | 24x7x365 Support | Global Data Centers
    www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

  12. #12
    You can try Singlehop. They are in Chicago and have offers that fit well your requirements.
    Amanah Tech Inc. | Always On.
    100TB Dedicated Servers & 100TB Colocation.
    http://www.amanah.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    202
    SingleHop and SwiftWay.
    SwiftWay provides you guaranteed response within the time frame and a credit to your account if they fail to do so.
    www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    140
    Check singlehop's enhanced SLA
    http://www.singlehop.com/sla/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,158
    Quote Originally Posted by AlekPrivax View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for a reliable provider in the US with high SLA standard (e.g. 30 min hardware replacement guarantee and 1-30 min guaranteed ticket reply). Good world-wide connectivity is crucial too.

    Crossed out LiquidWeb, Softlayer, Hivelocity, WebNX (nothing to do with SLA or QoS!)
    What you are asking for is standard with any reputable provider, just curious as to why the above providers were out of the running?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by NetDepot - Terrence View Post
    What you are asking for is standard with any reputable provider, just curious as to why the above providers were out of the running?
    Those were ruled out for redundancy resons, nothing to do qith their quality level

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by gamehostingbayforum View Post
    Do not use Rackspace.
    I've had equipment hosted with Rackspace before. Their tech support is fantastic and of the hosts mentioned so far, they're probably one of the few that'd be able to realistically meet the response time SLAs requested by the OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by gamehostingbayforum View Post
    Volumedrive are not that bad either.
    VolumeDrive over Rackspace for response time SLA?!
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianHarrison View Post
    VolumeDrive over Rackspace for response time SLA?!
    I'd really like to hear the original poster's reason for not using Rackspace.

    There's really no argument, Rackspace will provide better a SLA.
    InfoRelay Online Systems, Inc.
    Colocation | Cloud | Data Centers | Bandwidth | Managed Services
    New York / Northern Virginia / Chicago / Dallas / Miami / Los Angeles / San Jose
    www.InfoRelay.com/Services/Data-Centers

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    55
    In contact with Rackspace good to hear all your comments about them.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    US; UK/EU; Asia/Australia
    Posts
    893
    Let us know who did you pick and how thit that turned out for you please.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,414
    SLAs mean nothing. It's something for after the fact. If we failed to replace your HDD in four hours, here is some credit to make you feel better. If super quick hardware replacement is so important to you, you might want to just invest in high availability. Tons of apps and programs will let you setup simple HA, so it's not so difficult.
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support Enterprise Grade Hardware Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven F View Post
    SLAs mean nothing. It's something for after the fact. If we failed to replace your HDD in four hours, here is some credit to make you feel better. If super quick hardware replacement is so important to you, you might want to just invest in high availability. Tons of apps and programs will let you setup simple HA, so it's not so difficult.
    Well, actually that's the reason we're trying to collect some irl experience and recommendations

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 12:27 PM
  2. Is this provider reliable?
    By juvete in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 10:03 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 02:27 PM
  4. Reliable Provider
    By useehost in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-08-2000, 10:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •