a question about 2checkout

in theirs website they advertise "free merchant" account. is it really free or do i have to pay any setup fees?

Quote Originally Posted by reldegart View Post
    in theirs website they advertise "free merchant" account. is it really free or do i have to pay any setup fees?
    You have to pay a setup to signup you also have to pay fees for every transaction. https://www.2checkout.com/pricing/?source=ca
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

2Checkout is great. We have been using it for few years now and never had any problems

I don't think there is a setup fee on the free merchant account, as I couldn't find any info about the setup fee on their site. You do have the transaction fees thought.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

2Checkout is Awful, just search them here you'll find the thread of all the webhosts screwed by that company.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoork Hosting View Post
    2Checkout is great. We have been using it for few years now and never had any problems

I don't think there is a setup fee on the free merchant account, as I couldn't find any info about the setup fee on their site. You do have the transaction fees thought.
    They have a setup fee its just not listed on the site.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

2CheckOut works well but it has a couple of more or less important oversights.

Ugly, default notification emails showing too much unnecessary information and too little of those important.
    Reports which are quite limited and not user-friendly: you can download some of them as a PDF and some you simply can't. That's odd for me.
    ModulesGarden
    High-End WHMCS Modules
    Software Development Outsourcing
    Custom WHMCS Modules Development

2checkout is great and can be used for any transactions world wide. They have an initial setup fee.

They are a decent merchant account. It's free to apply / get one but they hit you with the hidden set up fee and every traction gets a fee. Overall it's a good merchant account.

I haven't heard many good things about 2CO. They seem to have a lot of complaints on the forum here you may want to check those out. PayPal and Google Wallet are great payment processors.
    HostClearly.com
    HostClearly Web Hosting
    #WeAreYourBussinessPartner
    Shared, Reseller, and VPS Hosting since 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by harrison914 View Post
    I haven't heard many good things about 2CO. They seem to have a lot of complaints on the forum here you may want to check those out. PayPal and Google Wallet are great payment processors.
    Is Google Wallet just an updated version of Google Checkout or is it an entirely new product? Must admit, I haven't done much research in the payment processor space. I instinctually go with PayPal every time

Moved > Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by harrison914 View Post
    I haven't heard many good things about 2CO. They seem to have a lot of complaints on the forum here you may want to check those out.
    Because they probably do not post reviews.

We've been with them since 2003 and we do not experience any problem.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Because they probably do not post reviews.

We've been with them since 2003 and we do not experience any problem.
    This is true, and the thought hadn't even crossed my mind. Until you said it, I hadn't even thought of posting a review of PayPal, my payment processor. Why would I? Everything works fine and I never have used an alternative or even thought of one. (Just as an aside, this is the same mindset that many hosting clients take about web hosting)

I still use 2checkout as spare but will never post anything positive about these orang outans...

Quote Originally Posted by buythiscomputer View Post
    I still use 2checkout as spare but will never post anything positive about these orang outans...
    Try not also to say anything negative
    █▌ Cheapest Domain Registration Service & Shared Hosting Solutions .
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,Monero, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, Crypto.
    █▌ Instant Domain Name Registration - Over 700+ Extensions x3reg.com!

Quote Originally Posted by reldegart View Post
    They claim it is free, but even after that I saw a fee added at the end of the registration. Maybe it depends on the location? Anyway, you can find coupon codes that waives this fee.

It is not free at all !