How to start reselling

Good day everyone,

I'm new to this website but I always wanted to start my own reselling business. I would like to know what are the main things i would need :

VPS or Dedicated or colo?
    What software are needed?

Etc..

Thank you

You can start off with a reseller account, this makes it easier for anyone starting up as they will provide all of the software for you and manage the server.

You will then need some sort of billing software to manage your accounts, we use WHMCS but there is free software out there. Again some providers include it free of charge within their reseller packages.

You can start up a company between $15-20 a month easy, anyone can start a company but it comes down to can you manage your accounts? you could go with a reseller account which offers End User Support which will make it more easy.

How much do you know in regards to web hosting? we get many fly by hosts who come here looking for advise, start a company then 2 months down the road they decide its not for them.

If you are serious about becoming a web hosting provider then make sure you do your research, worst thing you can do is go straight into a reseller with knowing very little.

If you are just starting out then Dedicated/Colo is too advance for you.
    I will suggest you to start with a Reseller account and then upgrade later to VPS and then Dedicated Server. Colo will come later in your list.
    Do you have any experience of hosting business before?
    ☆☆ AskForHost Web Hosting☆☆
    ►►Buffalo NY USA, Dallas USA, Amsterdam NL EU, London UK EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable VPS and Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Well by the sounds of this thread you know very little, fair enough? If so don't go rushing into anything yet, ensure you do your research first. This is a good start. Personally I would recommend that you use a reseller package, these are cheaper and offer support. VPS/Dedicated isn't too expensive, but completely a waste of money considering for awhile you'll have no or very little customers. As for co-locations, absolutely not! That will dry your budget up in a matter of weeks. Remember you are going to be running at a loss for awhile, so best to keep your costs down at the beginning, and then expand/get better services as your business expands. Have a read through this forum, there is plenty of advice already written for you to look at.

In relation to software, you will need to research what control panels you want and billing software. As for billing software the industry standard would be WHMCS, I personally use this, ands its very good.

Hope this helps!
    Ross

Hello

First of all you have to find a reliable host with good pricing on reseller plans.
    Then it will depend on your budget what plan to buy.
    Hosting providers should have already installed all needed software like cPanel.

here is a good article about this:
    http://webhosting.about.com/od/Start...r-Business.htm

For a starter, get a reseller account with a free WHMCS and eNom account.

WHMCS is the client management software and billing. eNom is a domain reseller account for you to sell domain name registrations to your clients.

All the best with your new adventure!
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

First of all have you even started at all yet? My suggestion is first get a small hosting account and start to learn things and get a feel for it so you will know what to expect. Since your already thinking about reselling you can start, once your comfortable upgrade to a reseller account and start offering plans that way to see how that goes. Every customer you will see has different needs so you will see then what things you might need.
    They call me the bread baker

Quote Originally Posted by ceriumhost View Post
    Good day everyone,

I'm new to this website but I always wanted to start my own reselling business. I would like to know what are the main things i would need :

Etc..

Thank you
    You need a control panel to manage a reseller account, I recommend WHM Cpanel.

Here is the official guide -WHM.
    http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/vie...HMDocs/WebHome

Also an introduction to the reseller account.
    http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/vie...ResellersIntro

Some tutorials and guides on cpanel.
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/guides-cpanel/

If you still starting the reselling business, I suggest you to get a reseller account from reputable webhosting company who is offering reselling service.

It's easier for you to maintain and as beginner good to start learning the entire business

You need to look forward for Web Hosting providers who are ready to offer you hosting at cheap price and provide TurnKey solutions along with Reseller Hosting account. ISP's providing TurnKey solutions are most recommended as you do not have the need to resolve your customers queries.

A typical reseller package loaded with extras is definitely the easiest place to start. Just keep in mind that the services you offer will only be as good as the service provided by your reseller hosting provider. Choose carefully and don't let budget be the determining factor.

If you have little to no experience with hosting in general, I second @stebaker's suggestion regarding first getting more comfortable with hosting in general.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

This is all really good advice.. When I started hosting small pages I knew next to nothing. Then after I learned a little I started to host more. Then I outgrew my hosting account and needed to move up. So I opened a reseller account and started learning about everything else that comes with that. After a while I started learning more about servers and design and decided to go to a VPS.

From there, I'll go to a dedicated server and start the whole learning process over again. The best advice has already been given. Start slow. Work your way up and don't try to do too much too soon. This is a service related business and without much knowledge you'll have a hard time providing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ceriumhost View Post
    Good day everyone,

Etc..

Thank you
    You can purchase the reseller hosting and complete the following task to start the web hosting business.

1st) Search for affordable reseller web hosting provider.
    2nd) Search for hosting company which will provide you WHMCS license because many hosting companies providing the WHMCS basic license free of cost.
    3rd) Configure own nameservers and mail serverip for your reseller account with proper rdns records.
    4th) Make sure that you have also asked your hosting provider to support to your clients issue because now a days many hosting provider company providing such facility.
    Regards,
    Balajitechs | The Server Management Company

Server Security Experts And Web Hosting Techs
    Skype | balajitechs

If you have the budget for dedicated server, then always go for dedicated server. However, you may take time breaking even with the cost of the dedicated server.

My advice is for you to take a KVM VPS (mine is using one Dedi and KVM VPS with SSDs) because you can always upgrade whenever you want to. Plus the cPanel license is much cheaper.

Another alternative is you may take a reseller plan (you may google one for yourself), because it may have less hassle (but it may not) depending on price. The more expensive the plan the more "premium" (as it's always been claimed) the hosting is. Good luck for finding a trustworthy reseller plan provider ^^

You should look for a VPS reseller hoster that offers a easy API that you can use for your site. Seems the most easy way to me to start.

Reseller hosting would be the best for you. While selecting the host, make sure that they have softaculous premium, rvsitebuilder , cloudflare etc which would be best for your clients.

Quote Originally Posted by agrtechs View Post
    You can purchase the reseller hosting and complete the following task to start the web hosting business.

1st) Search for affordable reseller web hosting provider.
    2nd) Search for hosting company which will provide you WHMCS license because many hosting companies providing the WHMCS basic license free of cost.
    3rd) Configure own nameservers and mail serverip for your reseller account with proper rdns records.
    4th) Make sure that you have also asked your hosting provider to support to your clients issue because now a days many hosting provider company providing such facility.
    Yeha i totally agree with this, begin with a package which offers you alot all in one, and as you grow you can buy dedicated etc when you have learnt the ropes = saving you money in the short term.

as others have said it would definitely be easier to start with reseller hosting then get yourself a lowendvps and play with it to learn more before going in too deep.