[Buy]protected vps

Hello

i am looking for cheap, ddos protected VPS, protected at least 2gbps, 1 gb ram, 10GB fast space and 1 to 1.5TB of bandwidth, port speed should be minimum 100 mbit.

Budget is $20 to $30.

<< snipped >>

Thanks
    Last edited by net; 01-23-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sudoku View Post
    please quote your offer.
    Providers are not permitted to make offers anywhere other than the advertising forum. You might want to start there, pick out a few providers in your budget, and search for reviews:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

2Gbps protection is not possible with your budget.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    I totally agree, however if you do manage to find something meaningful to fit your budget, do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    OVH offers upto 480 Gbps protection well within his budget!

http://www.ovh.ie/vps/

Do you have a preferred location you would like to choose from? You can check the offers forum out there are a lot of good offers there that you may find very good. Just be sure to research up on the company before your purchase or sign up with them . What your going to want to do is see if you can find any reviews that their customers left about them. From time to time you'll see them here on WHT other sites too. I'm pretty sure if you google "company name review" you'll get tons and tons of information if they have been around in this field for a while now '.

Yeah, you definitely need to increase your budget. I highly doubt you'll be able to find anything reliable with that budget. Since you are low on budget, I would recommend getting a quality VPS and just get CloudFlare Pro for your site. This should help protect you from certain types of DDoS attacks.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

currently i have ovh and voxality vps, problem seems to be with iptables as 2 mbps ddos saturate entire port.

max: 10,000 Mbps network bandwidth you get at Rackspace

Quote Originally Posted by sudoku View Post
    currently i have ovh and voxality vps, problem seems to be with iptables as 2 mbps ddos saturate entire port.
    Do you have CSF (ConfigServer Firewall) installed on the server? If not, I would highly recommend getting that installed. CSF has some DDoS protection functionalities.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

Your budget is too low for what you need... There are many providers offering even 10Gbps VPS for $10, but they are overselling and most probably you will get a slow connection with high latency. What would you like to use your VPS for? If you are using it for hosting one or more websites, you should think about buying a cheap ddos protected reverse proxy and using a cheap unprotected VPS.
    Unmetered Dedicated Servers with 5Gbps, 10Gbps, 25Gbps and 50Gbps Bandwidth
    Cloud Servers, Colocation, IP Transport, Remote IX and Remote DDoS Protection
    IP Transit with AI Optimized Routing and DDoS Protection in 35 European Locations

i am hosting camfrog server from last 1 year. maximum usage ever gone above is rx: 2 mbps and tx: 16mbps.

if no ddos 20 mbps connection is enough.

Then you should think about increasing your budget for sure... Camfrog servers are the most attacked applications and often attacked with huge 50-100Gbps attacks. More than that, camfrog is very buggy and is vulnerable to len4 udp attacks. Those attacks are very very hard to mitigate. OVH and Voxility are not able to detect and mitigate those attacks. Most probably that's what you see on your VPS (the 2mbps attack).

Geting a 1-2Gbps bandwidth VPS wont help, since you are not able to mitigate attacks by yourself on your VPS. Software firewalls are not reliable for mitigating these days attacks.
    IP Transit with AI Optimized Routing and DDoS Protection in 35 European Locations

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielCioran View Post
    Then you should think about increasing your budget for sure... Camfrog servers are the most attacked applications and often attacked with huge 50-100Gbps attacks. More than that, camfrog is very buggy and is vulnerable to len4 udp attacks. Those attacks are very very hard to mitigate. OVH and Voxility are not able to detect and mitigate those attacks. Most probably that's what you see on your VPS (the 2mbps attack).

Geting a 1-2Gbps bandwidth VPS wont help, since you are not able to mitigate attacks by yourself on your VPS. Software firewalls are not reliable for mitigating these days attacks.
    I don't see why iptables wouldn't be a suitable solution for a 2mbps layer 7 attack; care to explain that?

Of course, camfrogserver is prone to attract large bandwidth attacks which iptables would not be suitable for.

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielCioran View Post

maximum attack ever faced is 226mbit, I know who ddos my server, there attack is not powerful. my server never gone down.

i had seen large rooms using voxality and they never gone down. seems to be problem at my end.

http://prntscr.com/2m3uqj

I think what you need is a bit of consultation rather than mitigation bandwidth. Your OVH VPS should already be capable of mitigating hundreds of Gbs of DDoS, so the problem is likely with your server/application later not being configured in a way that's effective at withstanding targeted attacks.

In other words, stop looking for a 'DDoS-protected VPS' and instead look for someone (or a company) that can help you configure your existing VPS better.

i tried installing csf but some modules are missing and i had asked my host to add them.

I know these attacks can be blocked in firewall but i am not able to configure it i am not sure about the attack type. i had stopped httpd service, so http service is down.

please correct me if i am wrong.

I don't see why iptables wouldn't be a suitable solution for a 2mbps layer 7 attack; care to explain that?

Of course, camfrogserver is prone to attract large bandwidth attacks which iptables would not be suitable for.
    Layer 7 attacks are a kind of attacks, with packets looking almost exactly like the normal ones. For example Layer 7 attacks against camfrog server looks almost exactly like the normal udp traffic. How could iptables distinguish the good traffic from the bad traffic (malitious packets are almost identical to the normal camfrog packets, including length and used ports, etc..)?