Hybrid View

Demand for another billing & support solution

Hi WHT,

Just wondering how much demand there would be for a new billing/support solution?

With Ubersmith increasing their prices for current customers and WHMCS security issues (Don't get me wrong, WHMCS is a great product!). Just trying to see how much, if any, demand for a new system there would be..
    Last edited by cylence; 01-22-2014 at 05:33 PM.

There's plenty already, but if you've got the time, skills you could open up space for a competitor.

It really seems like Blesta is going to shake things up when V3 comes out and they start taking hold. The problem is that WHMCS has all the agreements with reseller providers. If reseller providers start offering Blesta, then they'll quickly become the industry standard.

Quote Originally Posted by AcclaimedHost Alan View Post
    It really seems like Blesta is going to shake things up when V3 comes out and they start taking hold. The problem is that WHMCS has all the agreements with reseller providers. If reseller providers start offering Blesta, then they'll quickly become the industry standard.
    Yeah seeing the features in 3.1, I also feel that Blesta will really shake things up by 3.3 .

Quote Originally Posted by AcclaimedHost Alan View Post
    v3 has been out for a while now

However I'm hoping WHSuite will be a good product!
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ Running your web hosting business has never been easier - Hostistic.com
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ More Details coming soon!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusL View Post
    However I'm hoping WHSuite will be a good product!
    So are we We're a little behind due to a slow week or two at the beginning of January, however. We were hoping to get a new site and forums up and running by now but have been too hard at work on the actual code to get around to doing it! Hopefully we'll have a lot more info to share in the next couple of weeks though
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-WHSuite View Post
    So are we We're a little behind due to a slow week or two at the beginning of January, however. We were hoping to get a new site and forums up and running by now but have been too hard at work on the actual code to get around to doing it! Hopefully we'll have a lot more info to share in the next couple of weeks though
    Really hoping you guys have multi brand support, I'm using WHMCS with Kayako right now, it would be nice to just use one product for all. That's the one feature WHMCS doesn't have that I wish they did.
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ Running your web hosting business has never been easier - Hostistic.com
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ More Details coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusL View Post
    Really hoping you guys have multi brand support, I'm using WHMCS with Kayako right now, it would be nice to just use one product for all. That's the one feature WHMCS doesn't have that I wish they did.
    Sadly it's not something that made it into the initial release. We did seriously consider it back in the planning stages but it would have added a significant amount of time to the development. We have however made provisions to ensure it can be done fairly easily in a future update.

For the initial v1 release we're focusing on the key parts of a host billing system, and to do that a few 'extras' do have to be sacrificed (like the multi-company support).

That being said, we're looking at ways to make our pricing options a lot more friendly for multi-brand hosts. I.E significant discounts on second licenses.

After our v1 release we've got a boatload of stuff coming thick and fast. With the way we've done our framework, it's really simple to add extra functionality through addons. Thinking about it it would theoretically be possible to even do multi-brand as an addon, although we'd rather make this part of the core product.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

Remember that in addition to an excellent product you will need a strong marketing budget to convince people to switch to your product, and that is not going to be easy considering how entrenched WHMCS, ClientExec, Blesta, etc. is in the industry already.