Unixy Varnish Stinks

I installed this on a few servers. After adding new IPs varnish will not start no matter what combination of actions you try. There is no information on here the .vcls are stored for this plugin (so you cant manually debug). Also there is zero support. I opened a support ticket friday night and never retrieved a response.

Does anybody out there know of a working varnish plugin for cPanel?
    BitronicTech Affordable Hosting and VPS Since 2007. Check out my Blog.
    99.99% Uptime Guarantee. 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee. 24/7/365 Support.
    cPanel/WHM - CloudLinux - Varnish - CloudFlare - Softaculous - Daily Shared Hosting Backups

Unixy has worked fine for us for a long time now! Support does seem slow though.

I don't know, I added a new IP address to a server and varnish would not start even after a clean uninstall and reinstall. I followed all of his documentation (what little exists) including moving the apache monitor to port 82. It was working fine for a few days. Then it was a no-go.
    cPanel/WHM - CloudLinux - Varnish - CloudFlare - Softaculous - Daily Shared Hosting Backups

Quote Originally Posted by Bitronictech View Post
    I installed this on a few servers. After adding new IPs varnish will not start no matter what combination of actions you try. There is no information on here the .vcls are stored for this plugin (so you cant manually debug). Also there is zero support. I opened a support ticket friday night and never retrieved a response.

Does anybody out there know of a working varnish plugin for cPanel?
    All of the VCL's are stored in /etc/varnish.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I believe the are stored elsewhere with the unixy varnish plugin.

We didn't have any issues with it...

But if your looking for something different check out apachebooster. Its varnish and nginx together.

http://www.prajith.in/apachebooster-v2-1-released/

Thanks, I got a reply after opening this thread. I was just frustrated 5 day reply time on a support ticket is... dismal. But Unixy is helpful once they do reply.

Unixy resolved this, very quickly once he replied. Unixy is alright! Just waiting 5 days to get an initial response is a little crazy.

5 days is nothing. We have a ticket opened nearly two months ago without any response.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

======================
    Yes I know this thread is some what dated, but the content is not dated at all it still is relevant today as it was 5 months ago.
    =====================

Just wanted to chime in here. Been with UNIXY for 17 months now, and if its an very urgent matter, they seem to "show up" with support and when they do show up, their support is awesome, I give an A+ grade or want stars, 5 Stars for sure.

But trying to communicate with UNIXY, aka Joe, well I give a F-.
    I am looking in my account now and I have many unanswered support tickets that are not critical (some dating back over a year). It is very frustrating. I guess Joe is over worked. Joe used to answer his phone when ever I needed to call and I didn't call that much less than once a month, he no longer answers my calls.

If he would just acknowledge my tickets it would make me happy, and when things are critical it would be nice to pick up a phone.

Because of this I am looking for a new provider. I refuse to beg some one I am paying big $$$$ every month to get them to answer my calls or even a support ticket.

Angry

Support has been complete garbage. The script has quite a few major errors. Multiple weeks without a single response and them auto-closing tickets.
    ULTRA Web Hosting - Superior Owned and Operated Servers - Since 2002
    CloudLinux - Shared | WordPress Optimized | Reseller | VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Seattle Co-location Services | Live Support | Real Green Hosting Provider | Onsite Technicians | Design | SBs | Consultation | Price Guarantee | 24/7/365 Support | Weebly | CloudFlare