Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Burstnet.net Closing Dallas,Tx DC? Somewhat alarming..

So as I shuffle through my email this morning, I get the following notice (we have some VPS Services with Burstnet for our main website, along with some DNS servers at the Dallas, Location), so not much (about 5-6, but still), nor anything that would cripple our business in the slightest, but still. I had to make sure this wasnt a prank.. anyone else get this notice? Or have additional info regarding this? The urgency about this is what I find incredibly alarming, along with the lack of proper notice. Oh well, looks like I will be spending the rest of my day facilitating this migration and looking for an alternative solution.

Dear valued BurstNET Customer,

We have been having major problems with our Dallas, TX hosting provider. We have been working with them diligently over the past week in an attempt to resolve these issues, but we have not reached resolution. As a result, you are at risk for potentially permanent business interruption. We will be closing our Dallas, TX hosting facility immediately and migrating our clients to our flagship facility in Scranton, PA. We understand the severity of this issue for you and your business. Please understand we have done all we can here at BurstNET to extend this deadline.

We advise you to begin transferring all of your important data off of these servers immediately. If you do not have current, up to date external backups of your data, please create these backups. Once the Dallas facility is closed, your servers will be taken offline and data will be unrecoverable. We will not be able to migrate your data during this closeout.

Once you have completed backing up / migrating your data, we can offer you hosting services in our Scranton/Dunmore flagship facility at our corporate global headquarters. To help ease the burden of this transition, we will include a free month of service.
    Last edited by Forward Web; 01-22-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Wow... they're not even bothering to migrate for their customers seamlessly.

I hope this is a scam, because if it isn't... it's spectacularly poor service.
    I'd migrate off their services if I were you.

Couldn't find anything on their twitter but that's not saying much. I'd check with them on AIM if you can get a reply...

That's really bad! Must have been something really big for them to move away from that DC completely.

On their website, all of their datacenter pages except for Scranton are showing 404s...wonder if that's just a coincidence or what.

If its true then LOL@Brustnet few weeks ago they were providing refuge sale to volumedrive customers i think know brustnet users will require some refuge sale from other companies.

Burst Dallas datacenter closing within 12 hours?

So, I got this message from my receptionist:

Burst net data center is closing within the next 3 to 12 hours in Dallas and needs to make sure everything is backed up and get you setup with a new location - Keith

I cannot get a hold of them on the number and extension that was left for me. No prompt for the extension when I called. I've been on hold for 20 minutes now for customer support.

Anyone know what is going on? Is this a hoax? God I hope so.

omfg... this is going to kill our services... this is a nightmare.

I have this same email from BurstNet in my email. Don't think I have any servers in the Dallas datacenter. But does it seem like BurstNet is slowing down in the great service they use to provide? Maybe a Rep will post in here soon.

We're in the same CoreXchange building running our own space/network/staff. I wonder what problems they have had with the datacenter, as we haven't had any. Very odd.
    Last edited by gordonrp; 01-22-2014 at 02:27 PM.

According to google maps, Dallas, TX to Scranton, PA is about 1500 miles. I wonder how do they plan to move all the servers in such short time?
    Or is the plan to just abandon the servers in Dallas?

That is some insane actions right there! Closing a whole location with 3-12 hours notice... That is crazy!

I feel for all their customers right now!

First I've heard of this. wow!

Do the mail headers look legit? Something doesn't smell right here.

lol... So lets look.

-> BurstNET bashes VolumeDrive about them moving datacenters, BurstNET tries to get half their client base.
    -> BurstNET closes Dallas DC location immediately with only a few hours notice, doesn't explain their issue, yet other companies at the DC have had no issues.

Good luck to anyone at Burst, from my past experience you won't get a support reply or answer for at least 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    So as I shuffle through my email this morning, I get the following notice (we have some VPS Services with Burstnet for our main website, along with some DNS servers at the Dallas, Location), so not much (about 5-6, but still), nor anything that would cripple our business in the slightest, but still. I had to make sure this wasnt a prank.. anyone else get this notice? Or have additional info regarding this? The urgency about this is what I find incredibly alarming, along with the lack of proper notice. Oh well, looks like I will be spending the rest of my day facilitating this migration and looking for an alternative solution.

Dear valued BurstNET Customer,

We have been having major problems with our Dallas, TX hosting provider. We have been working with them diligently over the past week in an attempt to resolve these issues, but we have not reached resolution. As a result, you are at risk for potentially permanent business interruption. We will be closing our Dallas, TX hosting facility immediately and migrating our clients to our flagship facility in Scranton, PA. We understand the severity of this issue for you and your business. Please understand we have done all we can here at BurstNET to extend this deadline.

We advise you to begin transferring all of your important data off of these servers immediately. If you do not have current, up to date external backups of your data, please create these backups. Once the Dallas facility is closed, your servers will be taken offline and data will be unrecoverable. We will not be able to migrate your data during this closeout.

Once you have completed backing up / migrating your data, we can offer you hosting services in our Scranton/Dunmore flagship facility at our corporate global headquarters. To help ease the burden of this transition, we will include a free month of service.
    Did you try contacting BurstNET directly to verify that it is a legit email?

I don't see why someone would send out an illegitimate email from this, unless just to spite Burst. Nonetheless, disturbing how quickly they're closing up shop without even an offer to assist data migrations for clients.

Quote Originally Posted by NetDepot - Terrence View Post
    I've been on hold for the support extension, as well as my receptionist on the hardware extension, for Burst for over 30 minutes. I've been in position #1 for the entire time. She has been position #1 also.

Putting in a ticket is useless since it takes them more than 24 hours to respond anyhow...

Completely unprofessional! Very bad for the customers!

Quote Originally Posted by nosit1 View Post
    I don't see why someone would send out an illegitimate email from this, unless just to spite Burst. Nonetheless, disturbing how quickly they're closing up shop without even an offer to assist data migrations for clients.
    I'd be the first to say 'hey you got me jokes on me' if it is and laugh it off... but no response or answer from Burst on top of this is complete bs.

Quote Originally Posted by NetDepot - Terrence View Post
    To be honest I have not and the reason for that being that it sometimes takes them days to respond to email. At the earliest I could expect a response within 12-24 hours. Luckily I've never really had to contact them for much, but I recall the one time I did need their assistance, it went days without a response and I had to track down the rep here on WHT via private message (who did expedite the help), but still.

I already had plans of moving our site and other services we have them to a more "in house" solution. But just havent had the time, so this whether true or not, will just motivate me to finally get that done.

Figured I'd just post here to see if anyone else got the same email.

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyAlabama View Post
    I've been on hold for the support extension, as well as my receptionist on the hardware extension, for Burst for over 30 minutes. I've been in position #1 for the entire time. She has been position #1 also.

Putting in a ticket is useless since it takes them more than 24 hours to respond anyhow...
    I hope you don't have hardware colo'd with them in this location if this is true.. good luck.

Glad I left BurstNet, it was one of the worst hosting companies I have ever used. And if this e-mail is real, I can't understand why people want to still use them. They are not so cheap.
    Good luck to all affected by this move, if it really happens.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgmike View Post
    Do the mail headers look legit? Something doesn't smell right here.
    Looked legit to me, they also included some coupon codes for the free month of service, which I thought was a bit absurd. Like I said for us its a minor inconvenience, but still an inconvenience. I couldn't imagine getting an email like this involving termination mission critical services (with no notice) and then getting a coupon code for new service in a different DC? Somewhat like salt on the wounds if you ask me.

2 people on hold for 45 min and it disconnects after saying they are not available.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast