Thread: Solarvps down

Solarvps down

Anybody else is having issues with their VPS at Solarvps?
    I have 2 with them and they seem to be down...

It look like it up now

Yes it seems like a temporal network issue...
    https://nodeping.com/reports/checks/...y-d3yud68drhdh

common to be down

I have been with Doug and Ross since it was just a 9 person company. Always happy with the service and pricing (Until my dedicated server went from $50 to $200!).

For the past 1.5 years I have experienced connectivity issues with the Seacaucus data center and have opened at least 20+ tickets every time my server went down, with my dedicated box and now also with the cloud server.

Usually when it goes down I just wait 10 minutes and all is back up - no ticket and screen shot from me any more.

They have had some DDoS attacks and whatever other issues.

For me the up time is the most important thing - over bandwidth.

Currently I am down for an hour. They are looking into the issue.

This the last i hear from them

SolarVPS
    We're currently experiencing what seems to be a network connectivity issue with our NJ DC.
    Our networking department guys are already working hard on having this fixed as soon as possible

What it sucks is that these issues happen to the new and improved
    Cloud platform recently moved to a new datacenter.

Needless to mention that they always refuse to give an ETA for the solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    This the last i hear from them

SolarVPS
    We're currently experiencing what seems to be a network connectivity issue with our NJ DC.
    Our networking department guys are already working hard on having this fixed as soon as possible

Unhappy Almost 2 hours down

Again SolarVps pricing and MBS are great but I really need to have my servers UP. I had to cancel a WebEx demo meeting I was hosting with some rather large clients. This is the second time in 6 months I had to cancel a major meeting (4th time in 18 months).

I can't keep giving the same embarrassing excuse, "the servers are down again"

Anyone have any luck with AIT?

Comparisons are awful but Solarvps communications skills compares with JaguarPC, and I cancelled all my accounts with them 6 months ago.

I never had this kind of problems when I worked with Servint years ago.
    Even with Dediserve when we had issues they always had good communication.
    Maybe is time to move elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by albatroz View Post
    Comparisons are awful but Solarvps communications skills compares with JaguarPC, and I cancelled all my accounts with them 6 months ago.

I never had this kind of problems when I worked with Servint years ago.
    Even with Dediserve when we had issues they always had good communication.
    Maybe is time to move elsewhere.
    I don't know how we can be compared. We post all outages in our forums with a target of an hour or less between each update and send an email blast for any full system downtime and then when it is up again.

This could be an all day thing. I think it is snowing in New Jersey.

only 2hrs 10 mins

Quote Originally Posted by barneybeans View Post
    This could be an all day thing. I think it is snowing in New Jersey.
    Not an all day thing. only 2hrs 10 mins total SolarVps Downtime.

Either way these types of outages take their toll on my business - not to mention the hair that used to be on me head!

Barneybeans, we are on the same boat...
    What kind of product you have with Solarvps? The new Cloud PODS?

Quote Originally Posted by barneybeans View Post
    Not an all day thing. only 2hrs 10 mins total SolarVps Downtime.

Either way these types of outages take their toll on my business - not to mention the hair that used to be on me head!

Cloud VPS Xen HVM - Win Server 2008 R2, 64bit.

They said something about the fiber being cut although that sounds a bit fishy,

To Solar VPS Customers,

We want to say we apologize for the downtime issues this morning. We fully understand our downtime issues impacted your service and your core business. For this, we apologize.

Concerning the issue at hand: Our outage began at exactly 8:47 AM. Our engineer’s initial assessment of the outage revolved around networking. More specifically, our initial assessment led us to believe fiber was cut. This was not the case.

Upon further investigation, our network team identified the problem as a software bug on our main routing environment within our New Jersey Weehawken DC. The software bug put our redundant core routers into a loop; thus, this morning’s outage took place.

Once identified, Solar VPS lead engineers worked with our vendors to restore connectivity to impacted services as soon as possible.

As of 11:50 AM, all Solar VPS services are up and running. Our engineers will continue to investigate the outage to determine the full root cause of this morning’s event. If you would like a full copy of the report once the root cause is determined, please reach out to Solar VPS Support.

Again, we want to apologize for the outage this morning. We understand you rely on Solar VPS solutions to power your business platforms. We thank you for your patience in this matter.

If you are experiencing any service issues, please contact Solar VPS Support at Support@SolarCloud.net or open a ticket via the SolarSystem Support Tab.