why is enom reseller program so popular?

Hi, i have been looking at somme reseller. Program and was wondering why is enom so popular? It is more expensive and charge $6 for whois privacy. There are much cheaper alternative like netoneearth or ********. So any reason why i should go with enom?

it's their support that i guess.. and also the control panel is easy to use
    Looking for shared or reseller or VPS Hosting ?
    Try our service at https://www.sosys.net!
    Singapore - Indonesia - Malaysia

And probably because every company that has a WHMCS license get an account free of charge

And probably because there isn't much option back then to resell domain names as I've been using enom for more than 10 years and remember the competitors are not as "flexible" as enom in terms of reselling domain names.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

I have used both net earth and enom and both are good enom has a bit more features and almost every billing system has it integrated already which is a plus for most people.

Think of enom as universal lots of billing scripts and panels have enom plugin where it sets up and accepts domain order correctly and automatically most of all.

Enom typically is free to every leased or owned whmcs licensed meaning if you own a whmcs license or pay monthly or what ever it is you do if you have whmcs then your legible for a free enom reseller.

I do not see anything easy about eNom. Seems strange and messy domain name registrar.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

Like Hosting4Real mentioned, Enom is heavily promoted by WHMCS.
    You might want to look into resell.biz. They have better pricing but no 24/7 support

Never had any problems with Enom, the support is done by real pro (the only support I had for changing the IP address for API ).

Regards
    ROWEBCA
    Server Services

I think it has to do with their relationship with WHMCS, we use resellerclub actually.
    Nividium
    Affordable, Reliable & High Performance Web Hosting Since 2011
    Google PageSpeed | Softaculous | SSD Drives | 24/7/365 Technical Support | Instant Activation

Reasons they became so big go back 10 years now :
    * the API worked
    * the web interface worked (albeit slow)
    * reports had meaningful data
    * initially low-to-no margin on the domain pricing
    * not many alternatives
    etc

So those of us long in the industry used them for some domain extensions for many years, and people tend to stick with what they know if it just works

Dont focus on price for domain reseller selection
    * support
    * tlds offered
    * support
    * api
    * support
    * integratability
    * support
    are all much much much more important

All domain providers have different pros and cons, all depends on what your needs are

# logicbox platform (used by RC, NE1, UK2 and many others) is one of the most unintuitive half-finished domain systems I've had the misfortune to use

# enom works but expensive for some tlds and not many cctlds offered, plus the company is going through some 'changes'

# onlinenic - dont provide epp codes through teh API creating you asupport headache and peeved customers

# joker - websites had no functionality improvements for 15 years and still need things sent by fax

# opensrs - some functions are only available to the end registrant through opensrs website, not the api or to the reseller, dimishing your branding and being a PITA

and so on.

The only way to be 100% happy with domain reselling is not to be a domain reseller, but become a registrar and develop your own systems to work the way you want them to work
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I've always used eNom, as you know the company is not going anywhere.

-Alexander
    HostUS - Premium Hosting Made Affordable
    EIGHT Worldwide locations spanning USA, Europe & Asia Pacific
    Own ASN, Own Network, Own IP's - AS7489 & AS25926

They were first to come out with a store front. We use, reap the commissions. No overhead, no topping up account, hardly any support needed. Fantastic system.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Yes, we've been resellers for eNom for 10+ years now. The reasons we stay with them instead of switching to another (cheaper) reseller are because:

1. Their support is excellent. Due to our volume, we have our own account manager so we typically get help/answers/results very quickly if the normal support system takes too long.

2. Their pricing is decent. We just signed an agreement with them a few days ago to get even lower pricing. Yes, internet.bs and some others are still cheaper, but price isn't everything and "saving" a few pennies is hardly worth risking a major portion of our business with another provider who is untested (for us).

3. They are not the cheapest, and they refuse to lower their pricing to become the cheapest. To me, this is very important because it indicates the company understands pricing isn't all important and they are not willing to risk their own business in a price war to the bottom of the barrel. Providing good services costs money, and if they are only making 10 cents per domain... it's not enough to hire quality support staff, good server admins, etc. I want a reliable business that I know isn't going to disappear because they lowered their pricing too much and thus can't afford to heat their offices or is just trying to attract as many customers as possible before selling out to another company.

4. They have a pretty good API and their system is stable. We register thousands of domains every year, and I can't remember the last time I had any problems with eNom's API or their back-end system. I'm happy to pay a premium for reliability and stability.

TL/DR; If price is your primary concern, there are cheaper places than eNom. If quality of support and service is your primary concern, then eNom is a good partner.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Yes, we've been resellers for eNom for 10+ years now. The reasons we stay with them instead of switching to another (cheaper) reseller are because:

1. Their support is excellent. Due to our volume, we have our own account manager so we typically get help/answers/results very quickly if the normal support system takes too long.

2. Their pricing is decent. We just signed an agreement with them a few days ago to get even lower pricing. Yes, internet.bs and some others are still cheaper, but price isn't everything and "saving" a few pennies is hardly worth risking a major portion of our business with another provider who is untested (for us).

3. They are not the cheapest, and they refuse to lower their pricing to become the cheapest. To me, this is very important because it indicates the company understands pricing isn't all important and they are not willing to risk their own business in a price war to the bottom of the barrel. Providing good services costs money, and if they are only making 10 cents per domain... it's not enough to hire quality support staff, good server admins, etc. I want a reliable business that I know isn't going to disappear because they lowered their pricing too much and thus can't afford to heat their offices or is just trying to attract as many customers as possible before selling out to another company.

4. They have a pretty good API and their system is stable. We register thousands of domains every year, and I can't remember the last time I had any problems with eNom's API or their back-end system. I'm happy to pay a premium for reliability and stability.

TL/DR; If price is your primary concern, there are cheaper places than eNom. If quality of support and service is your primary concern, then eNom is a good partner.
    Glad to know you are happy with them. Did you ever have any issues with them?

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeHost-Sid View Post
    Glad to know you are happy with them. Did you ever have any issues with them?
    I've never had any issues with eNom in all the time I've been using them. I can only dream that all my providers were as consistent and reliable as eNom.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Why is eNom so popular? Well they were the first one to do it. They were the first to have a WHMCS module, and it allowed web hosting companies to begin registering domains, even if they didn't have access to ICANN accreditation. I don't know if they realized that the market was as big as it is, but there is a lot of money to be made wholesaling domains. And that's what eNom is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    I've never had any issues with eNom in all the time I've been using them. I can only dream that all my providers were as consistent and reliable as eNom.
    Thats good to hear.