Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    I really don't promote cheap services. You as a customer need to use your brains before ordering any of the cheap service.

The general dedicated servers price ranges above 100$ but I can find many providing it at 40-70$ and this is liquidating the overall market.

But its like you get what you pay for. I cannot name the companies as it'd be offensive but they offer cheap services so in return the clients get cheap support and bad experiences.
    Just keep your service costs reliable and above the market price so that the real mature clients will signup if they find your services up to the mark.

Also if you are marking the prices above the market price then do care about what type of service you provide. Don't let your customers regret for paying you extra just to experience the ****** behavior as they would get with the cheap hosts.

This has nothing to do with WHT. WHT is just a market place, a general market. Its you and your marketing strategies that can drive your business very well. Even with a higher price tag, if you offer excellent service, people will signup with your company.
    ¦¦█¦¦ Artnet Datacenter - Poland (Gdańsk & Gdynia) based instant setup express dedicated servers, GPU based servers, colocation & storage VPS

» E✘OTICVM - Listing exotic VPS locations around the world!

Found this thread and read all the 16 pages here and sorry to say that after being a *LONG time lurker* here - I've been dropping one or two times each week by WHT just to know what was happening out there and seeing what people were doing.

Some time ago I decided to leave being a lurker and decided to register *as my own personal account here* (So what I write here is my *own* personal minding - and that's why I don't use a spammy signature here) nor other things widely used here just to try to catch potential customers.

I work in the industry but my niche isn't the usual of VPS with 1024Kb RAM/20Gb Disk/blah blah blah blah or 'unlimited' shared hosting.

Looking from two or three steps back, what I see here is a myriad of 'X' that advertise shared hosts for 1US$ month and some lower too. Those ones are shouting - Don't ask for high performance/stability/etc because you will be planted as cattle in a resold up to the sky machine and we will not bother to attend your support needs in a timely nor efficient manner.

And when that machine crashes and needs a 24 or 36 hour fsck, people complain. If that fsck erases some of their files, they blame the host because they don't have a backup of their data and so...

Here, too... what I see is a lot of childish threads like: 'Host X is a scammer, avoid them like plague!' - Just because people get blinded by low prices and unassumible promises (99.99% uptime¿?, Unlimited bandwidth¿?, Unlimited accounts¿? and a large etcetera) and they didn't made their own homework choosing, investigating and looking what kind of host is the most fit for their needs.

To round this, almost every week I see tens of threads asking the same, maybe moderators, can enforce a little more the 'non written Golden rule' of 'Don't be a lazy a** and use the search button' and closing the same questions as the past week have been done and answered - thus directing people to those threads.

I *know* that services we provide daily at my own company will not fit 99.999% of those 'potential customers', that's why I don't advertise here and I stay as *an 'anonymous' individual'*. We're *expensive* (the lowest entry fee there is about 40Euro/month plus VAT for our smallest package of managed services) but we're driven by the unavoidable need of speed/stability/reliability that business really need and some crave (and pay for) those kind of services.

People need to get educated and this where I find that WHT 'failed' to the people. Staying at the comfortable position of acting as a potential place for self promotion of Joe Schmoe hosting (Excuse me but the advantages of paying 'Premium' or 'Corporate' vs. the free ones are simply lame). People failed themselves too for being ultra-optimistic about their expectations about those 1US$/month hosters.

Maybe some agree with me or not, but I'm with HRR1963 and others in their point of view. Ok that hosting industry cannot stay at 2000-2003 prices, but the actual pricing (and cut-throating wars) will do more harm than good for us.
    --
    Best regards,
    Alfonso

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910