* GoDaddy on cPanel

Glad to see GoDaddy offers cPanel shared hosting packages now.

I requested to switch my current linux hosting account with them for one of my websites to the new cPanel control panel.

The migration process is to actually backup everything manually (files and databases), then cancel the existing hosting account.

After cancelling the existing hosting account, I ordered a new hosting package which is using cPanel now, then I need to restore everything to this new hosting account through FTP and recreate databases as well.

It took quite some time to move things around, but with the ease of doing stuff with cPanel, I think it is well worth it.

Glad to see that one of the world's biggest host is moving to cPanel, makes people's life easier.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Yes definitely a much needed switch for them. Kinda surprised it took so long though.
    █ █ █

I believe they started using CloudLinux as well, is this right?

That's good news for cPanel, partnering with the worlds largest host

Well considering their other control panel was utter crap I am sure their clients will be much happier.

I am surprised that they could get cpanel to provide them with a migration tool considering how large of a customer they will be. It seems counter intuitive to have your customer terminate their account then sign back up and manually reconfigure everything considering the relative experience level of your average GoDaddy customer. (not that there is anything wrong with being a regular non-technical person)

Quote Originally Posted by dave - just199 View Post
    I am surprised that they could get cpanel to provide them with a migration tool considering how large of a customer they will be. It seems counter intuitive to have your customer terminate their account then sign back up and manually reconfigure everything considering the relative experience level of your average GoDaddy customer. (not that there is anything wrong with being a regular non-technical person)
    Maybe they have one, did the OP check?

Quote Originally Posted by NetDepot - Terrence View Post
    Maybe they have one, did the OP check?
    No they don't have one. Got a step by step migration procedure from GoDaddy support ticket to back up the current account files and databases.

The next step is to cancel the current hosting account and create a new cPanel hosting account.

After that, I need to upload the files, import the databases and tweak stuff a bit in the configuration file of the website.

For experienced user, it would not be difficult for one website. For internet marketers having a 20 or 50 blogs or micro sites, I would imagine migrating to the new cPanel account would take much longer.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)

Quote Originally Posted by HL-Imran View Post
    I am also using 'Godaddy' and i have just select limited options with cheap rates but its not offering for 'webmail' services which emails i can use as a 'paid email' on the important sites. Is there any website which are offering the free webmail services including the hosting?
    I am using Gmail for my email services for many years and never had a hiccup. You just need to follow some steps to integrate your domain's email with Gmail.

http://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/business/