Hybrid View

System wont post with video card in

Alright, so when I turn on my computer with my video card plugged in and everything the system wont post i hear the 1 beep and the fans are running and nothing on screen. I unplug my video card and the onboard works and i've tested the card to amke sure it isn't broken in another machine and it works fine.

my mother board is a m5a78l-m lx plus
    my video card is an XFX Radeon HD 6750 1GB GDDR3 Video Card

If anybody can help me out it would be much appreciated Thanks

If the video card is ok in another system and it won't post on this one, the next thing to test would be a different card in the same slot, in order to rule out the slot itself.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Ok ill try that as soon as I can borrow someone elses card or buya cheap one

Try your video card in another slot since there may be a conflict with another card in one of the other slots.

Also you may need to disable the onboard video card in the BIOS first.

I am unsure of how to disable it on my bios, ive tried looking it up but idk

Anybody have any other ideas :$

Quote Originally Posted by IT Tech View Post
    Try your video card in another slot since there may be a conflict with another card in one of the other slots.

Also you may need to disable the onboard video card in the BIOS first.
    It's the only slot and it's the only card in the computer

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    If the video card is ok in another system and it won't post on this one, the next thing to test would be a different card in the same slot, in order to rule out the slot itself.
    The slot works, I brought it in and they tried it and it posted. They used some dinky little card not sure what kind just one that can work for it I guess

Quote Originally Posted by IwrangleKoalas View Post
    They used some dinky little card
    Hmm, if a small card works in the slot, you may want to look at your PSU to see if the demand of the presumably larger card is too much for it. Many off the shelf systems have a PSU that is barely adequate for the components it's sold with, and a fancy graphics card has a lot of draw.

Looking up the card:
    Minimum PSU Wattage Requirement 500 Watt
    Last edited by bear; 01-25-2014 at 09:21 AM.

Well, this card worked in my old computer using this same PSU so I don't understand why it wouldn't work with this one

That would depend on what sort of draw is on it already, I'd guess (though it could be lots of things). If you brought the system in for testing, why didn't you bring that card and ask them to check with that in it?

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    That would depend on what sort of draw is on it already, I'd guess (though it could be lots of things). If you brought the system in for testing, why didn't you bring that card and ask them to check with that in it?
    I brought it into them with the original problem that I thought I needed a bios update, they tested with their card and it worked and said my card was likley broken or incompatible so I tested it in a friends computer to make sure and it was recognized and working in that computer

Same thing happened to me before. For me it was the power supply. Not all power supplies are made the same even they advertise the same voltage. I had a GTX 760 and after the powersupply swap (same 700w) and it worked like a charm.

I think the problem is in your ram please unplug your pc and remove the ram check your ram and clean it with eraser i hope your display will be fine after that.