Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    165

    Monitor only management

    Hi,

    I'm looking for a management plan which will cover only the below areas. There's no need of any real server configuration/setup/optimisation etc to be done as we can deal with that ourselves, however needed is 24/7 "emergency support" so that the server is always up and running.

    The server will run a fairly standard cPanel setup with CloudLinux.

    Server down:
    If the whole server goes down make sure it is rebooted and get in touch with the datacenter if necessary to see why the server is down and what can be done to fix it. I.e. if a disk corruption occurs use kvm to fix etc.

    Services down:
    Monitor any services i.e. http, pop3, imap, and make sure actions are taken if these stops working. This include fixing issue's if a mere reboot of the service/server is not enough - if that is that case it could be billed hourly on top of the plan if needed.

    Server load high:
    If the server load (i.e more than 8 for a 8 core machine) is high try and see if there's anything that can be done to stabilise the server. I.e. if some user is abusing the server make sure that user is suspended and then notify us if any actions have been taken or if none was able to be taken.

    Optional:
    Monthly or so security audits.

    Do you guys have any suggestions? I have been looking and chatting around with a few, however none that really seemed to meet these requirements.
    Last edited by AzaraT; 01-20-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    Regards
    Jacob

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    748
    What is your budget? Perhaps knowing that may help someone to suggest a solution for you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    165
    Hoping to stay under $50 per month, but will consider any offers at the moment.
    Regards
    Jacob

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    748
    That is plenty enough for per server plan. There are couple of companies can provide support as per you mentioned under that budget. Check outsourced company list in this forum for more details.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    US, UK, Europe, ME
    Posts
    258

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    10,039
    Quote Originally Posted by AzaraT View Post
    Hoping to stay under $50 per month, but will consider any offers at the moment.
    I don't think $50 per month would cut it if disk corruption happened them type of tasks normally comsume many hours of admin time.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    I don't think $50 per month would cut it if disk corruption happened them type of tasks normally comsume many hours of admin time.
    That's fair enough. I am open to some sort of plan which will bill extra for extraordinary work such as disk corruptions - although some companies probably wont like this because I would want the work to start at soon as possible without me having to confirm it's ok or pay an invoice for this extraordinary work before work is started.

    My main concern is that I need someone to monitor 24/7 and fix any critical issues but do not need any general configurations or server management. These things wont happen often, but when they do it needs to be taken care of quickly.
    Regards
    Jacob

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    10,039
    Quote Originally Posted by AzaraT View Post
    That's fair enough. I am open to some sort of plan which will bill extra for extraordinary work such as disk corruptions - although some companies probably wont like this because I would want the work to start at soon as possible without me having to confirm it's ok or pay an invoice for this extraordinary work before work is started.

    My main concern is that I need someone to monitor 24/7 and fix any critical issues but do not need any general configurations or server management. These things wont happen often, but when they do it needs to be taken care of quickly.
    You'll need server management then use the same provider with some add-on prebooked admin hours ready for such cases. But the idea of server management is to actually prevent these things happening well Proactive management is anyway hence you pay the price related to it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cochin
    Posts
    2,446
    The first two is usually covered by any monitoring plans and the third needs to have some admin time to be added.

    Limiting the budget under 50 USD , depends on your server count.
    Sam
    Supportlobby.com - Expertise in Windows/Linux server support, IaaS and PaaS Management
    Spiralbean.com - Custom Software Development
    Email: exec @ activelobby.net | Skype: unni_active

Similar Threads

  1. How do management companies monitor their employees?
    By v33usa in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2013, 06:41 AM
  2. Server Management, Dynamic Skins, Login Monitor & Feature Deployment
    By eshop in forum Other Web Hosting Related Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 01:15 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 12:18 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 11:15 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 02:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •