I have a pair of Netscaler 9000 load balancer/DoS appliances that are surplus to requirements from one of my clients and am looking for a home for them to put them to good use.
Things they can be used for:
- L4-7 load balancing
- SSL offload (offloading SSL encryption from back-end web servers thus reducing cpu/host compute resource requirements)
- Context switching (Hosting multiple websites from multiple back-end servers on a single internet IP - useful if you are short of IPv4 addresses!
- Port forwarding from internet-IP ranges to private IP ranges (again, a way to reduce public IPv4 usage)
- DNS services and GSLB DNS load balancing
- DoS protection
They are 2U boxes and consume around 0.8A each. You would usually deploy both into a single DC as an active/standby HA pair. They are running v9.3 firmware (latest available for this hardware model) and are running Enterprise edition of the software. Cost around £15k each originally.
I'm considering two possible ways of disposing of them:
1. You make an outright offer to purchase the hardware, either here or via PM
2. A shared use arrangement where you provide colo (UK), connectivity, a handful of IPv4 addresses, and you get full use of the boxes for free under a shared use arrangement.