experience with hosts offering end-user support

Hi there,
    I have a thread under reseller asking about companies that offer end-user support. But I want to see if anyone has had any experience with any of the companies that do offer it.

Thanks!

I have reseller accounts with two companies that offer end-user support. To be honest, I havent used it till now, coz I dont have enough clients as of now. So not sure if my reply here will help or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DPMJD View Post
    Hi there,
    I have a thread under reseller asking about companies that offer end-user support. But I want to see if anyone has had any experience with any of the companies that do offer it.

Thanks!
    EZPZ end user support is practically non existent. It takes over 24 hours for a reply at this time.

InnoHosting end user support is really good. It takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours to get a reply (depending on time of day).

Thank you both for your replies. I have read a ton over the last week about EZPZ and InnoHosting as well as others. Right now I'm leaning toward InnoHosting to start.

I read that Site5 was going to start offering end-user support in early 2014 but can't find much info on it.

I read that Site5 was going to start offering end-user support in early 2014 but can't find much info on it.
    Where did you read this? I would be fascinated to have a look at it.

I'm not sure if it is legit but I read it at the blog below. From what it says I believe it is for just wordpress sites. Scroll to the bottom.

http://howtohost.net/213/wordpress-r...-user-support/

I just did a live chat with support at Site5. They are offering support for reseller's clients for Wordpress sites. But there is no ticketing system (such as InnoHosting has), it's something you have to implement yourself. They will support server issues and Wordpress installs but nothing above and beyond that. So I think the article was bit off.

Hmm, that's definitely interesting but it doesn't look to be nearly as robust as the solution that InnoHosting or even EZPZ Hosting offers

I'm not sure if it is legit but I read it at the blog below. From what it says I believe it is for just wordpress sites. Scroll to the bottom.

http://howtohost.net/213/wordpress-r...-user-support/
    I have no idea where that site got that info, but it isn't true in the least. We have no plans to support our resellers clients without charging a lot more money.

thanks, Ben
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

I just did a live chat with support at Site5. They are offering support for reseller's clients for Wordpress sites. But there is no ticketing system (such as InnoHosting has), it's something you have to implement yourself. They will support server issues and Wordpress installs but nothing above and beyond that. So I think the article was bit off.
    Our reseller's have to support their client, we don't provide any support directly to them. Just want to make sure that is clear.

thanks, Ben

Wow I think its amazing that Site5 Responded to you. :-P Thanks Ben. Additionally, most hosting companies that are offering support to your clients will be on the hosting side of things. things they would provide you support for. If you can't help clients with basic Cpanel and configuration questions you are in the wrong business to begin with.

Secondly, supporting WordPress is a broad range of issues. From basic installation to advanced configuration, Plugin recommendation, theme help and more. It gets out of control very fast just being in this sector. This is coming from someone who has provided support for these types of clients as well as having designed over 700 WordPress themes for small business clients.

Third, setting up a reseller ticket system for each reseller and the hosting providing support for those clients. Who does this ? So you are paying the hosting company almost nothing for your reseller account and they are providing support for all your clients ? Wow. Talk about not making money as a hosting company :-P

JMHO - Happy Monday
    Mariehosting - Wordpress hosting Experts web hosting Get a website you will love. Affordable Wordpress web design

Quote Originally Posted by bwb View Post
    Our reseller's have to support their client, we don't provide any support directly to them. Just want to make sure that is clear.

thanks, Ben
    Ok. When I spoke to Live Chat I was told something different. He said they were already offering support to reseller clients for Wordpress sites. I'm not upset that I got wrong info, I was just trying to verify if that blog article was correct or not. I wish Site5 had end-user support as I would go that route in a heartbeat even if it cost more. But I understand the article was incorrect, not sure where they got that info. I may comment on that blog post since it's not correct.

Thanks for clarifying.

Ok. When I spoke to Live Chat I was told something different. He said they were already offering support to reseller clients for Wordpress sites. I'm not upset that I got wrong info, I was just trying to verify if that blog article was correct or not. I wish Site5 had end-user support as I would go that route in a heartbeat even if it cost more. But I understand the article was incorrect, not sure where they got that info. I may comment on that blog post since it's not correct.

Thanks for clarifying.
    I'd love to make sure that is corrected, can you PM me with the email or name you used on that live chat and a rough approximation of date so I can find out who made a mistake to ensure it is corrected?

Thanks, Ben

Quote Originally Posted by solarblunet View Post
    Wow I think its amazing that Site5 Responded to you. :-P Thanks Ben. Additionally, most hosting companies that are offering support to your clients will be on the hosting side of things. things they would provide you support for. If you can't help clients with basic Cpanel and configuration questions you are in the wrong business to begin with.

Secondly, supporting WordPress is a broad range of issues. From basic installation to advanced configuration, Plugin recommendation, theme help and more. It gets out of control very fast just being in this sector. This is coming from someone who has provided support for these types of clients as well as having designed over 700 WordPress themes for small business clients.

Third, setting up a reseller ticket system for each reseller and the hosting providing support for those clients. Who does this ? So you are paying the hosting company almost nothing for your reseller account and they are providing support for all your clients ? Wow. Talk about not making money as a hosting company :-P

JMHO - Happy Monday
    Anytime, my email is Ben@Site5.com and on our contact page we have Management@site5.com which goes to all of management too.

Thanks, Ben

JMHO - Happy Monday
    Are you asking these questions of me? I'm a bit confused by these statements and questions. I am a very small web design company that is looking to start a hosting business for my clients only. Since I can't be available 24/7 I am looking for a company that offers End-User support as needed until I can set up my own support team. Also,I can offer support for the issues they have. However, I cannot be available every hour of every single day.

Secondly, I didn't ever say I was looking for a company that offered support for Wordpress. I just posted that blog article because it was something I read about Site5 specifically.

Thirdly, there are companies that do set up ticketing systems for their resellers so I'm not sure what you are asking in your third opinion/question. Also, I really wish those hosting companies that did this actually charged way more for those services instead of including them in the reseller accounts as I think what they are charging is far too little.

Quote Originally Posted by bwb View Post
    I'd love to make sure that is corrected, can you PM me with the email or name you used on that live chat and a rough approximation of date so I can find out who made a mistake to ensure it is corrected?

Thanks, Ben
    Not a problem. I hope that I don't get anyone in trouble obviously. It was probably a mis-communication last night.

Not a problem. I hope that I don't get anyone in trouble obviously. It was probably a mis-communication last night.
    Oh nobody gets in trouble for making a mistake , but we do want to ensure we are improving every

Please let me know as that will help us improve,
    thanks, Ben

Well you said that you were a consultant so expanding the statement brings some good clarity. And the companies offer the reseller support are not having your clients as a priority. These experiences are usually successful when you hire a support company to manage your after hours such as bobcares. Some consultants need advice on a managing client expectations but when a site is offline it is offline. Since you went on this huge tangent of WordPress I tried to address those particular concerns for you.
    Mariehosting - Wordpress hosting Experts web hosting Get a website you will love. Affordable Wordpress web design

Since you went on this huge tangent of WordPress I tried to address those particular concerns for you.
    How did I go on a huge tangent about Wordpress? That wasn't my own blog post. That was just a post I read and I only posted it because of the last paragraph which stated that Site5 was offering that End-User Support. Someone else asked me where I read it so I posted the article for them. Then I tried to clarify if it were true by doing a Live Chat with Site5. I posted what I was told and luckily Ben read these posts and really clarified everything. I never ever went on a huge tangent about Wordpress. I think the person that needs clarification is that person who wrote that article. I did comment on it this morning letting them know their info was incorrect.

And the companies offer the reseller support are not having your clients as a priority. These experiences are usually successful when you hire a support company to manage your after hours such as bobcares.
    And I agree about the companies not having my clients as a priority and that is one of my concerns. The issue I have is I just don't have the funds to hire a support company such as bobcares at the present time. Yes, I know running a hosting company costs money. I'm not someone thinking I can just get a reseller account and I'm going to make a bazillion dollars. The niche that I work with and design for requires a lot of hand holding. I have them set up with their choice of hosting companies, all of which are supposed to be good. But there are always problems and I'm the one that gets the call even though I tell them they must go to their host, then they get upset with me, it's a long story and I have a thread in the Reseller forum about it so I won't repeat everything. The point is I want to start a hosting company for my clients only and be involved in the support but I can't do it all myself starting out. So right now I need to start somewhere to get moving.