I’m currently looking to hire a FreeBSD ninja to join my small close knit team of all-stars. We’re working on some really cool/new technology within the web hosting space, and require eager admin talent.

Just because we’re looking for a “ninja” or an “all-star” does not mean you need 100 years of prior experience, and you don’t need to be a former “Senior whatever” of X company, blabla, inflated fake resumes - you just need to be smart, willing to go “above and beyond” for customers, and have excellent problem solving skills. Whether this is your first job, or your 50th, I am just looking for bright and eager people to work with us.

Available Position

- Super cool and fun FreeBSD systems administrator
(Full-time, Monday through Friday during business hours; on-call after hours and on weekends for emergencies.)

This is a work from home position, and qualified applicants will need access to a reliable workstation, high speed internet connection and a telephone/mobile line.

Compensation is largely dependant upon experience, but it is salary-based.

Required Experience/Skillsets

- Actual hands-on FreeBSD experience/knowledge
- Experience with FreeBSD server security and firewalls
- Experience with BSD jails/chroot-style containers
- Experience/knowledge of ZFS in production environments
- General Linux administration knowledge and experience
- Shell Scripting – Perl/Bash
- MUST be proficient and fluent in the English language
- Must have proficient customer service skills (Helpdesk/E-mail/Telephone)
- Must enjoy troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
- Must be willing to learn and expand your existing skills

- Experience working with distributed storage technologies is a bonus
- Any advanced programming skills/knowledge is a bonus
- Experience managing groups of servers with Puppet is a bonus
- Network administration and security experience/knowledge is a bonus
- Experience with WHMCS and/or Hostbill is a bonus

* If you’re not well versed in *specifically* FreeBSD, please do not apply.
* If you do not have an extremely strong grasp on the English language, please do not apply. If you message me with broken English, do not expect a response.

Primary Responsibilities

- Management of server deployments and new builds.
- Monitoring and management of deployed server and device health and security.
- Troubleshoot software/hardware related issues.
- Address helpdesk related questions and issues for customers (levels 1 – 3).

How to Apply

First, make sure you read this post in its entirety and meet all requirements. If you believe you would be a good fit for the role, please send an email to [email protected] - include the position of interest in the subject line (FreeBSD Systems Administrator), your cover letter (which does not have to be extensive) and resume (PDF, link to LinkedIn, etc.). Let me know what makes you different and why you should be considered. You MUST include your salary requirements in your email, or you will not receive a response.

Thank you very much for your interest, and your time.