Irritating Offers

One time I used to enjoy coming here, doing a search and picking out a new offer based on a coupon.

Now it is just a hassle. Three times over the last month I have tried to use the coupon on the offers by ehenke.
    searchid=50106571

So yesterday I did another search and decided to take a VPS offer from user centralhosts, who just wrote me and they do not have USA hosting after I already paid by Paypal, which is now just a hassle cause I need to get more money in there, and slows me down for a few days.
    t=1340581&highlight=centralhosts.net

I think this will undermine the traffic to this forum. If the admin does not put limits on the offers, such as in if it is not maintained and followed up on, and updated as the availability, you will be banned.

This just creates frustration, and it is also poor business service. Sure this time I just wanted a inexpensive VPS but it could have been a $200 a month server and my money been out then for a number of days.

In other words it makes this board look faulty, and the business offering should be sent a message if their codes do not work, and maybe the admin sample a few now and then.

If they continue this, then dump them and block them from posting. Because I think I will just move on, and get another forum, because lately it is not working out, and traffic is everything. Once you lose your traffic and visitors you might never get them back.

And it is not my job to run around after companies and check out why their codes are not working.

Posting in the advertising is a privilege for all members here in WHT as long as you follow the rules for advertising.

We can't control all of these people businesses model so you need to be wise in choosing host and ask first before you sign up.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

I have to disagree with you, you're the one very much looking for a company so you do indeed need to do your own research, and look for trusted companies. You should always look for reviews on a company before using them.
    WebSound - Affordable, Reliable Hosting Solutions
    High performance hosting solutions located in EU, NA and the US
    UK SSD Web Hosting / UK SSD Reseller Hosting / Minecraft Hosting / VPS - www.websound.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Criot View Post
    I have to disagree with you, you're the one very much looking for a company so you do indeed need to do your own research, and look for trusted companies. You should always look for reviews on a company before using them.
    Absolutely! And if you want to be sure regarding a hosts offer, simply ask them before signing up.
    HostMantis Affordable Web Hosting
    Shared • Reseller • VPS • 24/7/365 Support • Instant Activation
    CloudLinux • CloudFlare • Softaculous Premium • Multi PHP • cPanel
    Also offering Windows Hosting with Plesk 12 • Multi PHP • MSSQL • ASP.NET

What is there to disagree with.

A person has a signup page. They made a post 4 hours before. You go to that page and the CODE IS NOT ACCEPTED.

This has nothing to do with service, after the fact. It has to do with CODES not working. And yes, I think admins should take a sample now and then if they are serious about protecting their traffic.

This is a suggestion to admins, take it or leave it, does not matter to me, I am not worried about $10. The point is out time is worth money as well, and that companies should keep on top of their offers and update them.

Are you seriously suggesting that is not good business practice?

Quote Originally Posted by xxxdude View Post

A person has a signup page. They made a post 4 hours before. You go to that page and the CODE IS NOT ACCEPTED.

This has nothing to do with service, after the fact. It has to do with CODES not working. And yes, I think admins should take a sample now and then if they are serious about protecting their traffic.

This is a suggestion to admins, take it or leave it, does not matter to me, I am not worried about $10. The point is out time is worth money as well, and that companies should keep on top of their offers and update them.

Maybe the promotion has expired and it's no longer being accepted
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

One time I used to enjoy coming here, doing a search and picking out a new offer based on a coupon.

Now it is just a hassle. Three times over the last month I have tried to use the coupon on the offers by ehenke.
    searchid=50106571

So yesterday I did another search and decided to take a VPS offer from user centralhosts, who just wrote me and they do not have USA hosting after I already paid by Paypal, which is now just a hassle cause I need to get more money in there, and slows me down for a few days.

I think this will undermine the traffic to this forum. If the admin does not put limits on the offers, such as in if it is not maintained and followed up on, and updated as the availability, you will be banned.

This just creates frustration, and it is also poor business service. Sure this time I just wanted a inexpensive VPS but it could have been a $200 a month server and my money been out then for a number of days.

In other words it makes this board look faulty, and the business offering should be sent a message if their codes do not work, and maybe the admin sample a few now and then.

If they continue this, then dump them and block them from posting. Because I think I will just move on, and get another forum, because lately it is not working out, and traffic is everything. Once you lose your traffic and visitors you might never get them back.

And it is not my job to run around after companies and check out why their codes are not working.
    You can't update/edit threads (offers) on WHT after 15 minutes from the initial posting time.

The thread you have pointed to, if you look in the 2nd post (posted 2 minutes after the thread) it says "Our Netherlands server is only available at this time."

The offers are also posted every 3 to 7 days with updated coupons, no one really updates the old threads

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    We can't control all of these people businesses model so you need to be wise in choosing host and ask first before you sign up.
    I think you miss the point. If you do not have a control check, and have expectations, then in the end your board will suffer in traffic. Yes I know we can just post a note in the original offer, but again not everyone will take the time to create an account.

I am sure much of your traffic comes in from the net at large which generates revenue too right? Just suggesting, that it is a frustration, not expecting you to directly address my frustrations.

Quote Originally Posted by WireNine View Post
    You can't update/edit threads (offers) on WHT after 15 minutes from the initial posting time.
    Well that makes sense, I had to access last night from a limited browser, so did not see updates, so basically they are locked. Well, not sure how to respond to that limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoork Hosting View Post
    Maybe the promotion has expired and it's no longer being accepted
    Ok, example. If you search for J2EE, you get the 50% DISCOUNT offer by ehenke. There is no links but the code is there. So if you go to the site, and try to enter the code, it does not take it.

Now, actually that was the same problem with this company in January. There is no mentioned expiry date on the code, nor is there an update at the bottom of this particular offer.

Maybe this person has no interest in offering any discounts hoping that people just take it regardless, who knows.

I am simply saying, sometimes it never hurts to ASK a ETIQUETTE from COMPANIES, and I know that most of the people reading this might be hosting companies, and that is ok, I have done lots of hosting myself.

I am just saying that people notice these things and it does cause issues for people as well, if you want people to sign up online, and pay first, how would you feel what you expected was not delivered.

Hey xxxdude

Welcome back to the forums! Im sorry to see that you are having some issues with some of the companies out there and I agree with what you are saying. If there is a code the host may want to express the exact code or when it runs out.

Its good and decent that people like you actually post these things as it helps keep hosts in check and possibly as you rightly said gain more clients for those finer details being correct. No one would want to lose out on a new potential client, and its good that's its brought up.

The guys at WHT/mods/admins are I guess the middle men and only provide the platform for people to communicate so I wouldn't really put blame on them for it, its a hosts responsibility.

Thanks
    “In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity”
    ― Sun-Tzu, A Arte da Guerra

No one ever said it's not good business practice, because it's obviously not for a code to expire so quickly. However, it isn't WHT's responsibility to check every single code. The person seeking services should be doing their research on companies.
    WebSound - Affordable, Reliable Hosting Solutions
    High performance hosting solutions located in EU, NA and the US
    UK SSD Web Hosting / UK SSD Reseller Hosting / Minecraft Hosting / VPS - www.websound.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by WireNine View Post

The thread you have pointed to, if you look in the 2nd post (posted 2 minutes after the thread) it says "Our Netherlands server is only available at this time."

The offers are also posted every 3 to 7 days with updated coupons, no one really updates the old threads
    As stated above we did mention that our Netherlands server was the only one available this week for this offer. Also our coupon code does work, you just picked a server location that is not available this week. We have also processed a full refund to the customer.

The OP seems quite demanding if you ask me, question @OP do you demand a lot from your web-hosting providers because things simply don't work for you?

As NET advised Webhostingtalk does not control businesses, does not control how they offer their coupons, whether they are valid or not, and it won't ban providers simply because of something so minute - it may frustrate you as much as the next person, though you are always best contacting the provider to question them about it and see if the offer is still available to you.

These types of posts surely bug me so it works both sides of the fence.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee

One issue I do have with hosts who advertise here, are those who say in the thread title something like - Amazing Dual Xeon XXXX 32gb ram $49.99!

You open the thread to find it;s the first month only.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    One issue I do have with hosts who advertise here, are those who say in the thread title something like - Amazing Dual Xeon XXXX 32gb ram $49.99!

It is called marketing
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee

Well that is what we call a promotion before buying something you should always read all the fine print. thats like ordering hosting and Fail to read the TOS/Privacy policy then complain the host suspended or terminated your account for no reason. Its up to you ( the consumer) to make sure you are fully aware the regulations and usages to the product/promo codes you are using

Was it maybe that the code had expired? there are many offers that are limited to X amount of purchases before it expires.

On the other hand, I'm sure you can contact an admin and ask for help (as a provider) if a post needs to be edited due to a broken link or typo in the code, etc.
    Owned-Networks
    VPS & Dedicated
    Lenoir, NC · Dallas TX · Los Angeles, CA · Seattle, WA · New York City, NY · Miami, FL
    owned-networks.net English, Spanish & French Support

WHT never will die. It doesn't matter. Everyday is something new for new members. Old members fade away, new one comes. Which is why you see those thread that keeps repeating about which one is the best hosting. Or asking about X company, when they could just use the holy search (which is most of the time useless because is full of crap ads).

My advise to you: Practice your reading skills. If you notice below each ad thread there is a message that clearly states that WHT doesn't verify the poster, that there maybe some limitations to the offer that are not listed. In summary is your damn job to go and read the company(fixed**) TOS and carefully review the offers. Also to look for reviews about X hosting company you are considering.

My second advise: Just stick to the well known hosting companies that usually old and known users tend to recommend. Don't go with companies nobody know or recommend. In summary: Don't count the recommendation of users with 1 post count. LOL

Good luck and happy reading.

searchid=50106571

Last edited by HRR1963; 01-18-2014 at 10:37 PM.

I know where your kinda coming from and feel you but it's not anyone's job to go and check if promo codes work or not . Usually the person who is buying the hosting has to sign up and enter the promo code last time I checked...

There's really nothing WHT staff can do to my knowledge.

If a promo code does not work then I guess well just need to get over it or contact that spefic company and ask then if there is an issue with the code or if there are any other codes available.

Because I think I will just move on, and get another forum
    He he, you'll do yourself (and pretty much everyone here) a favor. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    I know where your kinda coming from and feel you but it's not anyone's job to go and check if promo codes work or not . Usually the person who is buying the hosting has to sign up and enter the promo code last time I checked...

There's really nothing WHT staff can do to my knowledge.

If a promo code does not work then I guess well just need to get over it or contact that spefic company and ask then if there is an issue with the code or if there are any other codes available.
    If anything, expecting others to do what we can (easily) do might result in added and avoidable frustration.

While I do see the point, you'd have to hate marketing as a whole in that matter

Such threads are not faulty, simply providers bringing up the best of the deal in the Title Thread. After all that is the purpose - to open the thread. Its the same with any type of online media - publishers go for a booming title to raise interest. At the end of the day its important the actual ad (or thread) to contain true and valid information so the viewer has enough ground to decide.

As for the example in question, come on, who gives a Dual Xeon for an year for 50 bucks With VPS and Dedicated Servers its more than common to display monthly price as this is how most people pay for them to avoid high costs in bulk.
    www.WebHostFace.com where Service always comes with a smiling face!
    Contact us for Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions.