Best web hosting

Hello. I'm sure a lot of people here have a lot of experience with different hosts. I was wondering which host is usually regarded as the best, with good prices and support? It can be for shared or reseller.

There is no best hosting provider. The best hosting is the one that suits your needs best.

Can you provide a little more information about your needs so we can give you some recommendations. How much disk space and bandwidth you require? Any specific location in mind?
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

Quote Originally Posted by Snoork Hosting View Post
    There is no best hosting provider. The best hosting is the one that suits your needs best.

Can you provide a little more information about your needs so we can give you some recommendations. How much disk space and bandwidth you require? Any specific location in mind?
    Any North American host, about 200 gb gb of bandwidth, and 10-20 gb of disk space. I see a lot of providers provide the space and bandwidth, but I want one that has good support, and quality, since there are like a billion providers that promise the same thing.

There are loads of good providers, I guess it just depends on your requirements. If you find some good ones you like, look for reviews.
    WebSound - Affordable, Reliable Hosting Solutions
    High performance hosting solutions located in EU, NA and the US
    UK SSD Web Hosting / UK SSD Reseller Hosting / Minecraft Hosting / VPS - www.websound.co.uk

In all honestly, more or less, most of the hosts are the same, just make a shortlist of the hosts that you like, and then research about them, avoid top 10 hosts lists and you have big chances of be fine with your choice.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

What's your budget? Your budget will tell the "best" in your opinion. I've been using StableHost for a couple months now on their highest shared plan, haven't had any issues and it's fast.
    ExtraVM - 100Gbit+ DDoS Protected OpenVZ & KVM VPS, Minecraft, Dedicated, Web Hosting
    99.9%+ Up-time | 15 Minute Ticket Response | 24/7 U.S. Support | SSD-Only Services
    ≡ Dallas, TX | Montreal, CA | Gravelines, FR | Sydney, AU | Singapore

I have a shared and a VPS from Hudson Valley Host that i'm extremely happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zizou View Post
    Hello. I'm sure a lot of people here have a lot of experience with different hosts. I was wondering which host is usually regarded as the best, with good prices and support? It can be for shared or reseller.
    I can't comment on the best hosting provider since I haven't used every web host that exists.

But I can tell you that InnoHosting is the best out of the several that I have used

As mentioned above it depends on your needs, what are you looking for in a host? Is support important to you? is the price important? how about the control; panel and features etc..

You can check out the offers forums here and see some great offfer maybe in your location or containing a feature that you need.

Best of luck!
    “In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity”
    ― Sun-Tzu, A Arte da Guerra

There are different types of hosting and Different requirements.

Here are some features I would look.

1. your network system, well planned in case of logical or physical disaster.

2. That the service has to be stable, Logical and physical system under cluster server.

3. Security against attacks of third party.

4. Super Fast and Secure.

Best top notch tested by me :

Shared Hosting (including reseller):
    -BigScoots
    -MDDHosting
    -StableHost
    -HostDime
    -There are others but really there is no point. If those are no good for you, probably nobody will.

I would be careful if I were you in underestimating bandwidth and space. It's true that many hosts provide unlimited or close to unlimited, but that usually means that there is fine print in their TOS which severely limits CPU and memory; sometimes also the number of files you are allowed to host on your account.

The things I would look for in a good host are first and foremost, speed and reliability coupled with an adequate amount of bandwidth. If you just want to host the typical Wordpress blog with little traffic, any of the hosts here on WHT should do the job for you. Just stay away from EIG, since they are way too slow.

There are "best hosts" for many thing. There really is.
    But what do you need? A host that's best a (for example) reseller hosting may be not-best for dedicated servers.

If budget is not an issue -- and it should NEVER be the main concern -- then you have quite a few options.
    I'd look at a Namecheap or Arvixe plan for this specific request from your reply in post #3.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I'm using digitalocean for development and smaller websites. It is easy and fast to setup a VPS. And the got fairly low pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoFox View Post
    I'm using digitalocean for development and smaller websites. It is easy and fast to setup a VPS. And the got fairly low pricing.
    The OP said shared or reseller.
    What you are recommending requires the OP to have Linux System Administration skills. Which right now is unclear...

You will never be able to find the best because there is just so many companies out there that offer so many different things so I think you are looking at it the wrong way. I think you need to see exactly what you are looking for and then you need to compare those companies to see which ones best would work for you. I think you should remember, not about being the best, but getting a good service I think is a lot more important.
    Fully customized hosting to your specific needs, no general plans found here!
    'Read before you click I agree' - J

You should look for a hosting company that has a reputation for good service and offers a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (24/7), all year round technical support. On the other hand, your choice will be based on the requirements of your website (uptime, storage space, web traffic expected to be generated, processing capacity, etc.).