Exclamation Considering Adding Varnish the cPanel

I presently run a bunch of cPanel server on PHP-FCGI/Apache. I am happy with the speed but I want to give my clients the fastest load time possible.

I was wondering if anybody has experience with the Varnish for cPanel plugin by Unixy and if so, has anybody implemented it in a production environment?
    BitronicTech Affordable Hosting and VPS Since 2007. Check out my Blog.
    99.99% Uptime Guarantee. 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee. 24/7/365 Support.
    cPanel/WHM - CloudLinux - Varnish - CloudFlare - Softaculous - Daily Shared Hosting Backups

Yes, we've used it in production for a long time and with FCGI the speed is incredible - considerably better average response times than LiteSpeed and of course more secure.

Varnish is very good in production environment. There is also Unixy's Varnish Nginx cPanel plugin for the best speed: http://www.unixy.net/advanced-hostin...-nginx-cpanel/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitronictech View Post
    I presently run a bunch of cPanel server on PHP-FCGI/Apache. I am happy with the speed but I want to give my clients the fastest load time possible.

I was wondering if anybody has experience with the Varnish for cPanel plugin by Unixy and if so, has anybody implemented it in a production environment?
    We use it along side Litespeed and it's working well for us. Here's some stats:

client_req: 6764488
    cache_hit: 2517541
    cache_miss: 3002160
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

@John

I was asking about exactly that plugin. I'm setting up a new test node with CloudLinux and cPanel. I'm looking at reworking my shared hosting stack a bit.
    @Home

Thanks for that. I just wanted to know that it works before I buy.
    cPanel/WHM - CloudLinux - Varnish - CloudFlare - Softaculous - Daily Shared Hosting Backups

@John

I was asking about exactly that plugin. I'm setting up a new test node with CloudLinux and cPanel. I'm looking at reworking my shared hosting stack a bit.
    @Home

Thanks for that. I just wanted to know that it works before I buy.
    It's working well we've only gave it 1GB Ram and it's using less than half of that. We love Ram caching it's faster than serving from drives and really does make a difference.

Nice to know. I'm setting up a test node for it now. Never deploy a software you haven't used on production server. Lol

I use Unixy and Cloudlinux on our servers. Works perfect.
    WordPress Hosting
    Shared / White Label Reseller WHM | SSD Cloud | CloudLinux

www.LarisMedia.com Wordpress & Magento Website Design

Yeah HiveNode, your posts elsewhere were got got me thinking about this. Howver some of my older VMs are still running cPanel and CentOS 5.4. Those 3 are the ones I want to move first. However I'm not sure if the automatic conversion to CloudLinux will play nicely as the are Xen PV VMs.

I also see that of course my CentOS 6.5 up to date boxes run much better. So you think CloudLinux is worth the monthly and so is Unixy correct?

[QUOTE=Bitronictech;8986081So you think CloudLinux is worth the monthly [/QUOTE]

With the price there charging it's a no brainer and really good value for money in my opinion.

Yeah HiveNode, your posts elsewhere were got got me thinking about this. Howver some of my older VMs are still running cPanel and CentOS 5.4. Those 3 are the ones I want to move first. However I'm not sure if the automatic conversion to CloudLinux will play nicely as the are Xen PV VMs.

I also see that of course my CentOS 6.5 up to date boxes run much better. So you think CloudLinux is worth the monthly and so is Unixy correct?
    My boxes used to run 6.4 until they we're upgraded to 6.5.

From my understanding it works with pv but contact Cloudlinux to confirm. They have amazing support.

Cloudlinux is good at preventing a clients site from taking over the whole server. Such as a script that won't end. Each client has their own allocated resources (Cpu, ram, and i/o) and if they go over it disables their site not the whole server.

Plus it has added security, php selector, and more.

I feel they are completely worth it. Cloudlinux is monthly and Unixy is quarterly.
    WordPress Hosting

No I mean the 3 really old ones are running 5.4

I can really only upgrade them to 5.9. I decided to migrate those customers. So I am trying to hash out an improved software stack for them. Thanks for all of the good advice.

The rest of my nodes run CentOS 6.5 for the record

No I mean the 3 really old ones are running 5.4

I can really only upgrade them to 5.9. I decided to migrate those customers. So I am trying to hash out an improved software stack for them. Thanks for all of the good advice.

The rest of my nodes run CentOS 6.5 for the record
    Oh misread. I know Cloudlinux support 5.x because they still release hybrid kernel updates for it. I would shoot them a message and they will be able to tell you if you'll miss any features.
    WordPress Hosting

I prefer to start fresh anyway. Those VMs have been around for 3 years or so now, and migrated across physical systems. I'm sure the file-systems aren't completely sane on them.

Anyway I installed CloudLinux on a new VM on one of my SSD boxes. Weird thing is I see a load of 1 with 0 websites on cPanel.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    We use it along side Litespeed and it's working well for us. Here's some stats:
    So you are running Varnish in front of LiteSpeed, guess you dont have LiteSpeed cache enabled?
    Performance wise is it much better? Im really interested in this setup.

PM me if you prefer, thanks
    Hostabulous 🔗 cPanel (Cloudlinux) & Plesk (Windows DC 2016) Hosting 🔗 R1Soft CDP backups
    No Gimmicks 🍁 Proudly Canadian

Another thing, it looks like Unixy Nginx+Varnish is not compatible with the AppConfig feature in cPanel. Does anybody have a working AppConfig file for it?

My problem is with the cache in some online shops. Even setting for varnish skip the shopping cart, it always clears all items.

Apart from that, the operation is perfect!