Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Namecheap

Namecheap

Namecheap Sucks - Don't use it
    Why not to use Namecheap
    Bacause it sucks that's why

It has come to our attention that xxxxxx account is using more than its fair share of server resources, causing poor server performance for your account and for other users on the server. Unoptimized scripts, incorrectly configured crons, or a lot of simultaneous visitors are some possible causes of such load
    Yes I did have 10 visitors a day

Subject: Namecheap Hosting Account Suspension

This suspension notice is sent to inform you that your invoice No. for your hosting service for xxxxxxxxx with Namecheap is past due. Therefore, this account has been suspended until the payment is made in full on your invoice.
    I had already paid for the hosting for Professional Plan

Please login to your account using the following information and make immediate payment on your outstanding invoice to re-activate the service. If the invoice is not paid in full, your account will be subject to termination in accordance with our Terms and Conditions that you agreed to at the moment of purchase.

We regret to inform you that we have been forced to suspend the account
    Yes I know you regret it!!!

And when I told them I wanted to leave they wouldn't give me my backup.

As for the backup request, kindly be informed that we provide backups at an additional cost of $15.00.

Please get back to us and confirm if we should issue an invoice for the backup.

SO DO THEY REALLY HAVE THE RIGHT NOT LETTING ME TO HAVE ACCESS
    TO MY FILES, THAT'S BuLL$#!T MEN I'AM TELLING YOU
    who they thing they are CIA or NSA?
    So they informed my kindly that they provide MY staff for 15$
    Unbelievable!!!!

Don't think I work for another company and I am just talking s#!t
    That's all true make yourselves a favor and don't even think using this namecheap because like their name they are VERY CHEAP. Even if you have your doubt just check out this post
    w w w . webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=679509
    and it is from 03-18-08 pretty nice nothing has changed since than. I really wish I read this thread earlier, and I hope you do too..

Maybe try to pay your invoice in full?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by aimilius View Post
    Why not to use Namecheap

Unbelievable!!!!

That's all true make yourselves a favor and don't even think using this namecheap because like their name they are VERY CHEAP. Even if you have your doubt just check out this post

and it is from 03-18-08 pretty nice nothing has changed since than. I really wish I read this thread earlier, and I hope you do too..
    If you paid for the plan, why was your account suspended for non payment?

I don't really see any problem here. You didn't pay your invoices so Namecheap is not obliged to do anything for you since you don't pay for the service anymore. If you are going to quit a host, always make sure to take your data well before the due date of your account because once the account is closed you don't have any guarantees anymore.

And if you "forgot" to pay your invoices you're just ignorant. And you should pay your invoices and apologize to get your data back.

Quote Originally Posted by WireNine View Post
    If you paid for the plan, why was your account suspended for non payment?
    Yeah!
    I don't know my friend I really don't, it's their policy, it don't know because I couldn't communicate with 'em. The moment I asked a question they always gave the corporate bllsh.

I couldn't communicate with 'em.
    Could you pay 'em?

Quote Originally Posted by i7Grendel View Post
    I don't really see any problem here. You didn't pay your invoices so Namecheap is not obliged to do anything for you since you don't pay for the service anymore. If you are going to quit a host, always make sure to take your data well before the due date of your account because once the account is closed you don't have any guarantees anymore.

And if you "forgot" to pay your invoices you're just ignorant. And you should pay your invoices and apologize to get your data back.
    Well, someone else could even swear you but, you're a straight guy, so it's OK, and you don't know the whole picture.
    I just got the account three weeks ago with the professional plan for a year, so what I quote there is just what they pretend but I payed for a whole year.
    Well I might not be a "guru" like you but you cannot just call someone ignorant. I don't have to apologize to nobody, I paid for the host for 1 year, I decide that this host is not for me, so the third week I want to go (no refund, ok) they suspend my account and want me to pay to get my stuff! They have to apologize to me.
    And they suspended my account so I couldn't get my data back.
    their scheme is actually working even pay higher bills or hit the road but I got your stuff so pay for it.
    either way they win.

I guess you have hosting services of your own.

I'm sorry to hear the problems that you're experiencing with Namecheap. Sometimes you'll get lucky by letting them know the truth. There is always the chance that they may be kind enough to step up and help. But when you bash them on forums, that chance diminishes greatly.

Looks like you didn't pay your bill on time and now they have collected by suspending your site. The thing you also did wrong was get mad and tell them you were leaving their service who knows what else was said or done. There's always two sides to a story.

Also another thing you did wrong was not keeping latest back ups of your data / site. Nanecheap is alright but I have to say yes I wouldn't use them for hosting services but as far as their domain service is it's great.

There's a namecheap staff around WHT so please try to wait until he sees this thread.

About your issue of non payment, if you really paid then it might just be a classic of miscommunication. I believe Namecheap has a phone number, try to give them a call.

I've been using Namecheap for domain registration for almost 6 years now and they been really great. Never used their services though but I believe they won't stay long in the business if they are ripping off others.

I hope you get everything sorted. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Maybe try to pay your invoice in full?
    I guess your're right and I could pay of course 'cos I am not cheapskate or anything. But I just don't want to be played like that. I just want to know since the beginning the whole picture, this may seem stupid but I don't want anything with anyone or company who has no standards. that's all

Quote Originally Posted by AcclaimedHost Alan View Post
    I'm sorry to hear the problems that you're experiencing with Namecheap. Sometimes you'll get lucky by letting them know the truth. There is always the chance that they may be kind enough to step up and help. But when you bash them on forums, that chance diminishes greatly.
    I understand you're honest guy Alan and I am too but
    sometimes and
    get lucky = not good enough
    And when you're not straight sometimes
    maybe sometimes
    you get bashed
    I can't do anything against them
    I big company against me (who cares right)
    all I have is my word.
    and you want to take it away from me...
    (and I know all of you care that's why I'm here)

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    The thing you also did wrong was get mad and tell them
    you were leaving their service who knows what else was said or done. There's always two sides to a story.

Also another thing you did wrong was not keeping latest back ups of your data / site. Nanecheap
    is alright but I have to say yes I wouldn't use them for hosting services but as far as their domain
    service is it's great.
    I agree totally, I should have lied... but I don't lie.
    They want to charge even more based on lies, that's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by donmhico View Post
    I hope you get everything sorted. Good luck!
    Thank you man. I appreciate it.

I understand you're honest guy Alan and I am too but
    sometimes and
    get lucky = not good enough
    And when you're not straight sometimes
    maybe sometimes
    you get bashed
    I can't do anything against them
    I big company against me (who cares right)
    all I have is my word.
    and you want to take it away from me...
    (and I know all of you care that's why I'm here)

I agree totally, I should have lied... but I don't lie.
    They want to charge even more based on lies, that's not right.

Thank you man. I appreciate it.
    Not telling them that you are going to leave their service isn't lie. But telling them your going to stay with their service and don't is a lie.

so if you would of never told them your leaving their service then they wouldn't know ur not going to use their service at all. No lie comes into place here

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    Not telling them that you are going to leave their service isn't lie. But telling them your going to stay with their service and don't is a lie.

so if you would of never told them your leaving their service then they wouldn't know ur not going to use their service at all. No lie comes into place here
    Yeah that's smart. I had to read it twice to understand it. I guess you do crosswords for breakfast.

Well, someone else could even swear you but, you're a straight guy, so it's OK, and you don't know the whole picture.
    I just got the account three weeks ago with the professional plan for a year, so what I quote there is just what they pretend but I payed for a whole year.
    Well I might not be a "guru" like you but you cannot just call someone ignorant. I don't have to apologize to nobody, I paid for the host for 1 year, I decide that this host is not for me, so the third week I want to go (no refund, ok) they suspend my account and want me to pay to get my stuff! They have to apologize to me.
    And they suspended my account so I couldn't get my data back.
    their scheme is actually working even pay higher bills or hit the road but I got your stuff so pay for it.
    either way they win.

I guess you have hosting services of your own.
    They refunded you the entire amount you paid.
    They are under no obligation to keep any of your "stuff" around.

I have ZERO sympathy for you.
    If I was Namecheap, I'd dump you like that too.
    Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by atexit8 View Post
    They refunded you the entire amount you paid.
    They are under no obligation to keep any of your "stuff" around.

I have ZERO sympathy for you.
    If I was Namecheap, I'd dump you like that too.
    Sheesh.
    As children we all liked Chuck Norris, but then we grow up.
    I suggest you do too.
    Why they should not keep my "stuff"? Because you say so.
    And even all the hosting companies have the same policy
    well they are run by people who think like you.
    So, when I am a client, I have aaaall the benefits
    and if I wanna leave, go to hell?
    I guess virtual world even though is soundless is more cruel.
    As George Carlin used to say
    Your stuff is sh!t and my sh!t is stuff.
    he was talking about you.
    I guess you haven't heard it.
    but zero sympathy is good, having sympathy it would be quite disturbing.

Honestly, I don't see anything that warrants a post at WHT. Pay your bills. The end.

Or if there's an accounting error, ask Namecheap to sort it. No post necessary.

That other thread you linked to was a person that was abusing the server. That wasn't Namecheap's fault either.

This is an excellent host, and I use them for two important servers. For me, trust like that doesn't come easily. But Namecheap has proven itself.

- If you're in the right, they'll fix it.
    - If you're in the wrong, you're not going to blackmail them with WHT posts.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Why not to use Namecheap

Unbelievable!!!!

You were suspended for non-payment. You can pay and keep your account active. Or you can get a backup for a nominal fee.

We clearly state our server resource limits at https://www.namecheap.com/legal/hosting/aup.aspx, which are very generous. Please show me another shared host that allows bursts of up to 100% of CPU and 4GB of RAM. That's more than entry level VPS providers.

Visitor numbers aren't really a metric to consider. If you have a bad application or script, this can easily consume all of those resources. This said, the reason you were suspended was non-payment of your account and not resource usage.

feedback@namecheap.com goes directly to myself and other managers and we can happily resolve this for you.

Matt
    Last edited by mdrussell; 01-17-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

NameCheap is always been good for me for the domain registration services, 80% All of my domain registration is with them , and I never experience any problems.

I don't know about their hosting services, since its fairly new and I never use them

Quote Originally Posted by octars View Post
    NameCheap is always been good for me for the domain registration services, 80% All of my domain registration is with them , and I never experience any problems.

I don't know about their hosting services, since its fairly new and I never use them
    Is 6 years fairly new?

Quote Originally Posted by mdrussell View Post
    Is 6 years fairly new?
    I think many of us were completely oblivious. I know I was some years back.

Namcheap = domains, for many.

But it's got 5+ years of hosting experience, and does one hell of job with it. You've got some good techs there, especially Maxim. (A few cute ones, too! Nice support desk profile pictures!)

When non-payment and severe abuse is the only ammo against you, I'd say you're doing pretty well.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    I think many of us were completely oblivious. I know I was some years back.

Namcheap = domains, for many.

But it's got 5+ years of hosting experience, and does one hell of job with it. You've got some good techs there, especially Maxim. (A few cute ones, too! Nice support desk profile pictures!)

When non-payment and severe abuse is the only ammo against you, I'd say you're doing pretty well.
    Come for an office tour

Honestly, I don't see anything that warrants a post at WHT. Pay your bills. The end.

Or if there's an accounting error, ask Namecheap to sort it. No post necessary.
    I see from your posts you have been here so much time and you forgot that forums are to discuss and find solutions.

That other thread you linked to was a person that was abusing the server.
    That wasn't Namecheap's fault either.
    This is an excellent host, and I use them for two important servers. For me,
    trust like that doesn't come easily. But Namecheap has proven itself.
    - If you're in the right, they'll fix it.
    - If you're in the wrong, you're not going to blackmail them with WHT posts.
    I agree with this part and I give you thumbs up.
    If that was an abusing person how was I supposed to know.
    If it is great host and fix my problem good for them
    and for me too.
    I am not in position to blackmail anyone

Quote Originally Posted by mdrussell View Post

feedback@namecheap.com goes directly to myself and other managers and we can happily resolve this for you.

Matt
    Thank you Matt
    I already sent you an email

I never meant to personally insult you, but I've seen some pretty weird payment habits myself. People who demand backups of their account months after their account was suspended for non payment (following half a dozen invoice due notices and another half a dozen account suspension warnings) and even people who issues PayPal chargebacks and then got mad because we suspended their accounts and domains.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast