Whitelabel Managed Dedicated Servers

Hello WHT,

My name is Jonathan, I'm a technology consultant at Excell Group. We currently have a number of strong leads to supply some of our customers with a managed service to move their current on-site servers in to a datacenter.

The reason for this is that the customer currently hosts their MS Exchange services and databases on a server in their office - this is susceptible to going offline when power is cut from the building. Their current server is also nearing the end of it's lifespan.

The proposed solution is to provide a managed dedicated server within a London datacenter (Metropoint is our preference). Our issue is that we currently don't have the in-house resources to supply the hardware and migration / management services.

Can anybody recommend a supplier that will whitelabel for us on an ad hoc basis for the time being and perhaps on a permanent/contracted basis going forwards?

Any advice or contacts would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jonathan Nathanson
    <<Signatures are to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 01-17-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to WHT. What server configuration you are looking for to run the MS Exchange and database?
    █ MilesWeb.com - Your Hosting, Our Responsibility!
    cPanel Hosting | Reseller Hosting | WordPress Hosting: SSD Storage & One-click Staging
    VPS Hosting - Managed & Unmanaged KVM & OpenVZ VPS | VPS Reseller
    █ Hosting Servers in [India | UK | US | Romania] - 24/7 Support | Instant Setup | Data Migration

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_excell View Post
    Hello WHT,

My name is Jonathan, I'm a technology consultant at Excell Group. We currently have a number of strong leads to supply some of our customers with a managed service to move their current on-site servers in to a datacenter.

The reason for this is that the customer currently hosts their MS Exchange services and databases on a server in their office - this is susceptible to going offline when power is cut from the building. Their current server is also nearing the end of it's lifespan.

The proposed solution is to provide a managed dedicated server within a London datacenter (Metropoint is our preference). Our issue is that we currently don't have the in-house resources to supply the hardware and migration / management services.

Can anybody recommend a supplier that will whitelabel for us on an ad hoc basis for the time being and perhaps on a permanent/contracted basis going forwards?

Any advice or contacts would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jonathan Nathanson
    <<Signatures are to be setup in your profile>>
    I don't know of anyone who does reseller managed dedicated servers. You have three options here.

1. You can get managed servers and resell them. All requests would be sent to you and you'd have to send them to the company.
    2. You can get unmanaged servers, hire someone outside for management, and all requests would be sent to you and you'd forward them to the company.
    3. You can get unmanaged servers, hire a management and support company, and all requests could be made directly to the management company from the client.

Each one has benefits. For #1, it's all in one place. For #2, you can mix and match to find the best management and best server provider (or cheapest). For #3, your life is a lot easier, however your management choices are slim. Also, for #3, you'll be limited to Indian support (maybe that's not important to you).
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 01-17-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support Enterprise Grade Hardware Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.

What are the server specs that you are looking for in terms of: Bandwidth? CPU? RAM? HD?
    Amanah Tech Inc. | Always On.
    100TB Dedicated Servers & 100TB Colocation.
    http://www.amanah.com

What are the server specs that you are looking for in terms of: Bandwidth? CPU? RAM? HD? and what you want to do like VOIP Web APP Web server?
    Domain Good - Hosting websites since 2007!
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and Dedicated Servers
    cPanel | Softaculous | 99.9% Uptime | 24/7 Support | US & EU Server!
    Follow us on Twitter @domaingood | Facebook @domaingood | Google+ @domaingood

Hi,

Thank you to all of you for getting back to me. As I mentioned in the previous post there are a number of strong leads and therefore I can't give you one specification.

They will all need to run Microsoft Exchange servers for between 1-50 email accounts, they will be running Access database servers or SQL servers (up to 10gb in size).

We would like to look in to very high capacity storage servers also (we're talking up to 10 TB).

This is very much a work in progress as to our requirements and I am really looking for the name, number, contact details of one or more suppliers (UK) I can have this kind of conversation with.

Thanks again everyone - any specific people I can speak to via telephone would be appreciated.