Question Looking for hoster with forum

Hello everyone

I am new to the web hosting world and I am looking for a hoster with a forum functionality.

At the moment I own a mountain bike forum with some rubbish portal as a maingate. The global functionalities of the portal are very poor and very limited. I am restricted to their layout and I am only allowed to upload some images and change the colors. The forum is quite ok but it isn't compatible with Tapatalk and has some unwanted ads.

The idea is to build a new website with some new pages and more functionalities. For example the main page would have a navigation (forum, calendar, news, trail map, reviews, etc) and a body with some news, highlights and articles.

Right now I am designing this new website (excl. the forum) in Dreamweaver. The original idea was to host this website and then link the forum just in the navigation, keeping it in a different domain. But now I have changed my mind and decided that maybe it would be better to keep everything together in the same host. Maybe even being able to navigate with the same account throughout the whole website and being able to comment some articles.

Where can I find a hoster to accommodate my web site and forum at the same time?

Thanks

Could you clarify on the following?

What is your budget?

How much resources do you anticipate to use?

Do you have any specific server location?
    █▌ Cheapest Domain Registration Service & Shared Hosting Solutions .
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,Monero, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, Crypto.
    █▌ Instant Domain Name Registration - Over 700+ Extensions x3reg.com!

All host provide these basic features. You can install any free / paid forum script like vbulletin / xenforo / myBB etc.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

Quote Originally Posted by hostnesta View Post
    Could you clarify on the following?

What is your budget?

How much resources do you anticipate to use?

Do you have any specific server location?
    I intend to spend as little money as possible.

I think I won't be needing much resources as there will be no media database. It will be mainly text and pictures from articles, news and page layout. The pictures from the forum are all direct links.

I'm from Portugal so I guess anything EU West should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by YagHost-Ravi View Post
    All host provide these basic features. You can install any free / paid forum script like vbulletin / xenforo / myBB etc.
    I thought about that. Is it easy to do? I manage around dreamweaver but I am terrible with code.

How can I back up my forum and relocate it to a new forum script?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimp&Zé View Post
    I thought about that. Is it easy to do? I manage around dreamweaver but I am terrible with code.

It's very easy to install just about any forum script these days. Also most of them come with read me if not google is your friend . There are many guides out there on how to install and modify these forum scripts.

Some hosts have free script installers which is what you would use to install any. Free forum software on the account you purchase with a few clicks.

It depends on how the current forum is coded. If you don't mind posting a link to the forum, that might help people see a little more what you mean.
    Not as active on WHT as I used to be, but still drop in and receive email notifications from here.
    My personal blog site: https://www.oakleys.org.uk/blog

Quote Originally Posted by OakHosting_James View Post
    It depends on how the current forum is coded. If you don't mind posting a link to the forum, that might help people see a little more what you mean.
    Can't post links yet! Just let me make a couple more posts.

You can install a forum of your liking to your new host just with a click of a button through the host's application installer.
    However the forum migration might be difficult.
    Could you give us more technical details on the existing board so we can see if it can be upgraded or migrated somehow ?

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    It's very easy to install just about any forum script these days. Also most of them come with read me if not google is your friend . There are many guides out there on how to install and modify these forum scripts.

Some hosts have free script installers which is what you would use to install any. Free forum software on the account you purchase with a few clicks.
    That's pretty cool. I am not aware of these things since I am quite new to this world. I will definitely give it a look!

Quote Originally Posted by kambone View Post
    You can install a forum of your liking to your new host just with a click of a button through the host's application installer.
    However the forum migration might be difficult.
    Could you give us more technical details on the existing board so we can see if it can be upgraded or migrated somehow ?
    Yes, I can! I was just waiting to have 5 posts so I could have permissions to post links.

This is the portal: http://6polegadas.forumeiros.com/

To access the forum press "Início" in the navigation: http://6polegadas.forumeiros.com/forum

It's phpBB2 version.

BTW, here is a small preview to how the new website will look in the future:
    http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/89/n4ff.jpg

What about a forum that allows me to create new html pages? Wouldn't that do the trick? Maybe it would be simpler this way.

Something that would allow me to fully costumize the forum interface and let me create a new navigation with new html pages. I think that would work nicely.

If you ran a forum on any normal (not feature-crippled) shared hosting account, you'd be able to create new html pages yourself. I'm sure there are forum suites out there that let you create static pages from within the forum backend, but I'm no expert in forum software to tell you which ones to use for that.
    Not as active on WHT as I used to be, but still drop in and receive email notifications from here.
    My personal blog site: https://www.oakleys.org.uk/blog

You want to consider using PHPBB forum software it's fantastic and easy to use.
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Almost any shared host will do it, make a shortlist about the host that you like and then research about them on this forum (avoid any kind of "top 10 host list" as a part of your research.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    (avoid any kind of "top 10 host list" as a part of your research.
    Well, that is basically how I roll...

Do those lists tend do be biased?

Well, that is basically how I roll...

Do those lists tend do be biased?
    Yes, in 100%, they are based on affiliate program comissions. You'll find the same hosts in all them, and the reason of that is not that they are actually the best hosts, but the hosts that more pay to their affiliates, mostly based on cj.com
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Yes, in 100%, they are based on affiliate program comissions. You'll find the same hosts in all them, and the reason of that is not that they are actually the best hosts, but the hosts that more pay to their affiliates, mostly based on cj.com
    Ok, I get it! I didn't know about this.

Now I am going to look for some forum hosts and see which ones satisfy my needs. Later on I'll post a list of the potential candidates.

Ok, I get it! I didn't know about this.

Now I am going to look for some forum hosts and see which ones satisfy my needs. Later on I'll post a list of the potential candidates.
    Based on what you said here, any host will do it, as I said, just research about your shortlist.