Tech-Hosts failure, lies and incompetence

What a complete joke, their server doesn't work, their DNS doesn't work, they don't make backups like they say they do, they don't return calls and they don't answer support tickets. I have lost many, many hours of work and angry clients who have no website.

What you are describing is no hosting provider at all.

Care to elaborate more?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

That's weird to hear about them. Something must of happened lately, there's a bad review on Serchen about the same thing I believe, not sure if it's you though OP: http://www.serchen.co.uk/company/tech-hosts/

Suppose you could try and contact Guy via Twitter: https://twitter.com/Guy_Riese
    If that fails try Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/guy-riese/29/404/801

However they are still alive:
    - Last Return Made Up To: 25/10/2013
    - Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2012

However he's not been active here lately: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=316663
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

When I used them they were good, support wasn't amazing but was ok. We had issues with people abusing server resources, this was a constant issue and we eventually just moved because every time we reported it, they fixed, and then it would happen a few hours later again, contacting support and having to wait for hours to fix wasn't right, especially when it stopped emails being sent out off the server, emails were important.

This could have been resolved easily by them implementing CloudLinux, they're a good provider, but as you say, support is nothing too great.

Sounds like their support isn't all that good from what I have read here and on other places. About them not taking back ups yes some providers say they do but they don't that's why it's an important thing to take back ups yourself and store them somewhere easily access able by you and secured also.

Try contacting their Whois contact details sometimes this works out.

OK yes I should expand more on my original post. The review on Serchen was not done by me but echoes the problems I was having.

Long story short: I have several sites hosted with Tech-Hosts, recently their server had a hardware failure. They replaced the server but were not able to restore all my data, putting my websites offline. Not good when you trust them to have an adequate backup policy. My tickets were either not being replied to or only partially, it did seem like they were unwilling to admit that I was not going to get my data back and just palming me off with excuses, for at least a week. I tried calling them and leaving a message but did not get a response. All the time this was happening their replacement server was going up and down like a yoyo.

They have a postal address of a very posh part of central London which is not where I would imagine a budget web hosting company to be operating out of, which added to my suspicion.

However, they have now pulled their finger out and have managed to restore the data meaning that my websites are now back up and running. The gaffer Guy Reise is very competent and helpful, the rest of their staff (all of one member it would seem!) is slightly less lacking in dedication but Guy is genuinely good and seems to care about his customers.

Their backup strategy does need improvement so I would definitely want to keep my own backups of anything important that I have hosted with them.

They also really need to sort their e-mail, it has happened on more than one occasions where e-mails were not being delivered, last time this happened the first I knew about it was when I used the e-mail trace function of cPanel to see what happened to outgoing mail and found that they weren't being sent - no wonder I wasn't getting replies to e-mails! As such I cannot put any faith in their SMTP server which is annoying as SMTP is really important as others have pointed out.

They have promised me a refund and I will be keeping my account with them for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by lentils4dinner View Post
    OK yes I should expand more on my original post. The review on Serchen was not done by me but echoes the problems I was having.

Long story short: I have several sites hosted with Tech-Hosts, recently their server had a hardware failure. They replaced the server but were not able to restore all my data, putting my websites offline. Not good when you trust them to have an adequate backup policy. My tickets were either not being replied to or only partially, it did seem like they were unwilling to admit that I was not going to get my data back and just palming me off with excuses, for at least a week. I tried calling them and leaving a message but did not get a response. All the time this was happening their replacement server was going up and down like a yoyo.

They have a postal address of a very posh part of central London which is not where I would imagine a budget web hosting company to be operating out of, which added to my suspicion.

However, they have now pulled their finger out and have managed to restore the data meaning that my websites are now back up and running. The gaffer Guy Reise is very competent and helpful, the rest of their staff (all of one member it would seem!) is slightly less lacking in dedication but Guy is genuinely good and seems to care about his customers.

Their backup strategy does need improvement so I would definitely want to keep my own backups of anything important that I have hosted with them.

They also really need to sort their e-mail, it has happened on more than one occasions where e-mails were not being delivered, last time this happened the first I knew about it was when I used the e-mail trace function of cPanel to see what happened to outgoing mail and found that they weren't being sent - no wonder I wasn't getting replies to e-mails! As such I cannot put any faith in their SMTP server which is annoying as SMTP is really important as others have pointed out.

They have promised me a refund and I will be keeping my account with them for the time being.
    Good news, and good luck. Yeah Guy comes from a high class family that I know of, I used to be mates with him back in the day.
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]