Question External DNS with cpanel

Hi,

I am currently using a normal shared hosting account with cpanel installed (no reseller)

In light of recent attacks and downtime I would like to have either external primary or secondary DNS servers, so that when the host goes down for extended periods (crocweb comes to mind..) that my DNS still works..

Currently NS1 & NS2 point to the cpanel dns servers..

What would be the best way to do this? Just use external DNS servers for the domain (don't think cpanel really likes that) or somehow setup external secondary DNS servers.. (tried so far, but can't get zone transfers to work)

Thanks...

You can use external DNS with domain registrar such as GoDaddy or Enom.

You don't need to keep updating your DNS records, but you need to add DNS records manually every time you add a sub domain or add on domain on your cPanel.

As you are not using a WHM/Reseller account, I don't think you will be adding sub domains or add-on domains on a daily basis?

Simply add a new A record for the sub domain or add on domain in your domain registrar panel whenever you add new domains into your cPanel account.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Thank you, I will give that a try..

Use a DNS service or simply use your domain registrars both are simple to deploy.