what are you using for seo methods on whmcs?

Im sure i will get the don't even try or you will just fail responses, but i am curious starting out as a small webhost what is the best way to go at the "SEO ballgame". I am starting a webhost as of right now its just a one man operation(me) But we have all been there before. My question is what is some of the ways to gain potential customers. I have been told numerous times SEO but ?Im kinda lost on that I have managed forums, servers, etc.. but The forums I dealt with it was pretty much word of mouth and SEO pluggins for Vbulletin to simplify the process. How would I go about doing the SEO by hand on whmcs? I will except any constructive criticism but please do not troll im serious and I am motivated to make this work. Also please dont tell me im wasting my time/money because at the end of the day it is coming out of my pocket not yours.

SEO is a hard and long process. You won't see immediate results. It will take at least 3 - 6 months until you will start seeing any significant results if SEO work is done properly. Don't expect to go after any big keyword such as web hosting, reseller hosting, etc... as its gonna be almost impossible to get in front of all these big companies out there; GoDaddy, HostGator, etc...

The best tool that worked for us in Moz. Not sure if you are familiar with it, but it provides very usefully information, SEO step by step guides, how to improve your site to better rank, and more...
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

I have never heard of Moz. I am gonna have to google that now. I realize it is going to be a long process that takes time. I just know word of mouth can only go so far and promos can sometimes attract the wrong clients. The ones that just want a freeby or a good deal for as long as possible and leave when they get an invoice. I am just looking to try to this the right way and although SEO takes time the best time is now.