Alternative to hostgator

Hi, I have been with Hostgator for probably at least 8 years but I get up some days and see my websites down like now and then I try their live support and it's now 30 minute wait at least. It wasn't like this but lately its not the same. I need to find another host where I could easily transfer quite a few small low traffic wordpress websites in Cpanel. Some ideas would be good. I would need something affordable and an established larger trusted company.

I know it's the hosting as my pop email and FTP is also not working with them but other sites not on Hostgator work fine.

I suggest you to check Shared Hosting offer section and short list few providers. Then search for their reviews on WHT and Google.

There are lots of good providers.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

Quote Originally Posted by YagHost-Ravi View Post
    I suggest you to check Shared Hosting offer section and short list few providers. Then search for their reviews on WHT and Google.

There are lots of good providers.
    I know of the offer section but is that not just small one owner run hosting business looking to pick up the odd new customer? I will take a look though later....I was hoping to get some recommendations on some larger and established companies that members here are actually using. obviously I want to avoid the companies owned by the same people as hostgator though like Bluehost, hostmonster, dotster etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Hosting View Post
    I know of the offer section but is that not just small one owner run hosting business looking to pick up the odd new customer? I will take a look though later....I was hoping to get some recommendations on some larger and established companies that members here are actually using.
    Not all the hosts in the offers section are one man hosts. Some of the companies on here can range from 50 to 90,000 customers. Search through reviews on hosts that fulfill your needs and you will be able to sort through the fly by nights.

Some of them have a small team of staff (sales, support, etc) that will treat customers better than the larger companies.

You will want to avoid some of the mega-super-hosts (the usual top 10 hosts). A majority of them are owned by the same company (EIG) that recently bought HostGator, hence the downfall in service quality....and with WordPress, you will have more issues with such hosts in the long run.

Hello, I have worked with innohosting.com they are good at their job.

Currently working with crocweb, I change by the price.

OK I have to write that I finally got onto live chat and it was not hostgator but it seems my ISP is the cause. I'm traveling here in the Philippines at the moment and the ISP's here are pretty dodgy. But I still need to look at something else for hosting as I think hostgator has had their day and time to move on.

Do you have a location and budget in mind?

Regarding a one man host, yes there are some around on these forum however you should be able to spot them by doing your research. Going for the larger web hosts is also a negative due to the quality of support you will receive.

"Always Quality over Quantity"

Quote Originally Posted by Right Hosting View Post
    OK I have to write that I finally got onto live chat and it was not hostgator but it seems my ISP is the cause. I'm traveling here in the Philippines at the moment and the ISP's here are pretty dodgy. But I still need to look at something else for hosting as I think hostgator has had their day and time to move on.
    In terms of finding a new host, more often then not smaller companies will generally provide better support than the bigger ones. You're a bigger client with a smaller company, they will work harder to keep you, and you're more than a statistic. It's just like a big company however, you have to choose the right one.
    Winged Hosting LLC | Reliable Web Hosting! | Personal Support!| Inexpensive quality alternatives
    █Personalized 24/7 Support! | Up to 30 Day Money Back
    █Learn More About Us!

many company offer shared hosting in this forum, you can search them and their review in this forum

I understand how frustating it can be to be stuck with a web hosting company that you're not happy with.

As you had faced downtime issue so it is recommended to check uptime history of a company when you will purchase a new one.
    AdroitSSD LLC - Incredible™ Hosting Platform| In Business Since 2012 | 24/7 Real Support
    Pure SSD Hosting - 90 Days Moneyback Guarantee! | LiteSpeed + LSCache | 99.95% Uptime | CloudLinux
    SSD KVM VPS - INTENSE™ DDOS Protection |1 Gbit port Speed | LiteSpeed & Softaculous License

Site5 and Arvixe are what I'd consider alternatives.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Site5 and Arvixe are what I'd consider alternatives.
    Site5 has been around for awhile, and you couldn't go wrong.

Check the Shared Hosting section, and read some reviews! Best of luck with your search.
    awlter.com
    Website Design, Website Development, Photography & more!

Why not GoDaddy? Isn't it better than hostgator?

I recommend CrocWeb and FreshRoastedHosting. Not all hosts are small hosts in the offers section, who's going to turn down free advertisement in the heart of the industry?

Quote Originally Posted by imzayan View Post
    Why not GoDaddy? Isn't it better than hostgator?
    GoDaddy are like EIG.

GeekStorage is very reliable. You really don't want to go for the hosts that are big because as another member said the quality of the support give to clients aren't that good because I guess they see it as they have so many clients and back up money idk.

Anyways mists hosts on WHT are good there are a few that aren't. Even some one man hosts as you call it are overall great and even thought they are called one man host sometimes there is actrully truly other people working behind the scene in the host z

Quote Originally Posted by Host Dingle View Post
    As you had faced downtime issue so it is recommended to check uptime history of a company when you will purchase a new one.
    Just to add to this point....check the uptime of their servers and not the company's website. Usually their server info should be on their main site. There are some review type sites that will show you the uptime of the company's site, which is and should be on another server, and tends to never go down.