Toronto, Canada

* Court has tossed out the FCC's "open internet" rules

A federal court has tossed out the FCC's "open internet" rules, and now internet service providers are free to charge companies like Google and Netflix higher fees to deliver content faster.

Who's great idea was this? somewhere in the near future many of our American friends will have throttled internet connections when visiting high bandwidth sites if the content providers refuse to pay up?

Let's see.....
    Think the cable/telcos were behind this. I see Netflix most affected by this.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Kansas City
    Wow, that is crazy! Could it possibly in the future come to the point where internet will just be too expensive for the average american? Thats scary.

This is definitely sad with disturbing consequences. Though I believe that it will be extreme cases where service would be degraded. As others have mentioned, I only see services like Google/Youtube, Netflix, etc being affected for the most part.

I think it's far more likely that ISPs may do the reverse and charge their customers tolls in order to gain access (or remove speed restrictions) to certain sites like those mentioned above.

They're more likely to get [more] money out of the subscriber IMO.

This is a bad idea for sure. Content on the internet should not be classified this way. The only classification that is acceptable is Adult rated or normal content. It is definitely a business set back for these websites otherwise.
    || Tecsys Solutions LLC | Outperforming the Performers!! ||
    || Outsourced Server Management and Technical Support Solutions ||
    || Now Offering Secure Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers specially setup for Hosting Providers ||
    || ||